THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

I know this is blast famous...

But; Reverse > OG.

michael-b-jordan-flame-on.gif

1674174452763.gif

They’ve been doing that for years now with some releases. I think one year we knew what XI would be dropping the next year, before or right after that years XI drop.

Last edited:
Not my favorite colorway but I need a pair to play in. Of course that means it will be impossible to get for retail

^^like the 9s?
I love the 9s too. I guess I'm used to Nike's original plan which was stick to one generation to protro and release multiple colorways as if it was a current shoe. I actually anticipated a Protro 7 since it seemed like they were going in order from 4-6.
If they want to switch it up to how Jordans are released (like different models retroed in the same year) I can't complain too much either, any Kobe releasing is good news.

I didn't find the 6 protro to be narrow, but the zoom turbo definitely lifted your foot up a bit and made them feel a half size small compared to the OG.

Man…any Kobe release is gonna be a circus 🎪. I reminder when I was trying to get the retro green grinches….went to 7-8 different stores for raffles. Struck out on all 😭. I think they all got back doored. And it was pissing me off, all the workers asking me what imma do with them if I won em. Take em to the courts of course!!! 

🥺😢

Backdoor I was part of the crew

Wish they would bring back the og shape. The protro fit so small and tight. With how high prices are, getting the wrong size (aka your normal size) is an expensive mistake.
I’m personally not a fan of the protro concept. People love playing in Kobes the way they were, they don’t need “improvements”. I’ve never seen a protro and through “golly gee, this is better than the original”.

I’m personally not a fan of the protro concept. People love playing in Kobes the way they were, they don’t need “improvements”. I’ve never seen a protro and through “golly gee, this is better than the original”.
Man I’m with you 100%. These protros fit me terribly lol. Either they fit right lengthwise but destroy my feet and cause them to go numb, or they fit width wise but have an inch of empty space in the front. I had like 15 pairs of the originals and they all fit great and comfortably with no issues.

Protro'ing a shoe is a gamble in innovation. I'm all for it and the protro concept is something Kobe personally wanted for his line as well (I think he was against retroing them as is when they did the Kobe 1 protro).
Yes, there's the Kobe 4 protro zoom fiasco that was a miss, but the Kobe 1 Protro with the full-length zoom was a success, and the 5 and 6 are great shoes too.
I also think the Protro concept is a great way (for Nike) to use currently mass-produced tech instead of having to go back and recreate, say the original Lunarlon foam compound or Met zoom bags that aren't used in other current models.

Back
Top Bottom