The Official Nike Kobe Retro Thread

I honestly want to know the way people think. When these first dropped back in like 05-06, no one really cared. I’m not saying the black/maize sat but other colorways sat for a very long time. Why the sudden change? What makes these “fire” now compared to 2005-2006?

I love the shoes I still have the OG black/maize and black/purple colorway. I just want to know why? Nostalgia? Hype? The “me too” way of thinking? Just to cop and flip?

I took a hiatus copping sneakers to mod cars. Switched back then copped the all black ZK1 off ebay then the Preludes years later. Just need one pair of Protro 1 and I'm good until the Protro 2

14-kobe-bryant-zoom-kobe-1-black-yellow.jpg

throwing-money-away-1000.gif

I'm so happy that the love line is retroing but with performance upgrades! Kobes are some of my fav shoes to ball in, so I'm excited!!

The air jordan 14 foam fingers on the side triangle need to go if they're serious about this. Them ****s were the worst. They WILL come apart. Also that stupid outrigger piece on the outsole who's main purpose is to roll ankles, that **** needs to go.

And while we're at it, how about losing the plastic part with the carbon sticker on it.

The reception for these will be interesting. These rotted on shelves when they originally dropped. Has to be limited for these to move.

I'm struggling to remain calm right now...

The only drawbacks here are the price hike, which isnt really too bad considering the "improvements", and the fact that these might not be easy to aquire.

I still have my OG blk/maize, the outsole only started separating last year, I beat these things on the courts back in '06, all the way until the ZKII dropped in March '07. LOVED THEM.

I'm IN. All I need is for these to make it to SWOOSH :evil:

The air jordan 14 foam fingers on the side triangle need to go if they're serious about this. Them ****s were the worst. They WILL come apart. Also that stupid outrigger piece on the outsole who's main purpose is to roll ankles, that **** needs to go.
I don't know b, none of my "fingers" ever peeled and I don't remember ever turning an ankle in these. Shrug.

These performed really well on court. They were really comfy with the Zoom Air. They just fit big. There was a lot of room in the toe box and they were really poor with ventilation.
You just kind of contradicted yourself there.

From what I remember, the collar felt nice and just got worse toward the toe. Like it was light as a feather except for the toe which was a cinder block.

I didn't like the synthetic leather upper, felt cheap for Kobe's 1st Nike.

The foam separated, there was no way it wouldn't if you actually played in them.

That outrigger was a deathtrap. I shaved it off and they played much better.

Then one of the air bags popped in the forefoot.

These were one of the fastest shoes I had that went from box to trash. Like a month.

I want to like the fact that they're re-releasing the Black/Maize colorway..but I have them..and they're still in good shape/wearable..

I will only cop if I can get for swoosh prices..

Back
Top Bottom