The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

I don't think Petrie is only to blame for design or lack of LeBron on it. I think Nike likes having their logo over a players. Once Jordan stopped the outside branding completely with the 7, I think Nike didn't like that. Of course they like money, but when you already have money, you want things done your way to obtain more.

I don't think in this day and age Nike wants to see a shoe of theirs get over with the public without some serious "NIKE" or big "Swoosh" on it. Case in point: Kanye's Yeezy line. NIKE loves Control and if LeBron were to ever leave, it leave the shoe theirs. They can easily remove "LJ" or "LBJ"

I wasn't just Jordans though, back in da 90's sig shoes were waaaay more design oriented than da branding heavy era that we're in now.

I wasn't just Jordans though, back in da 90's sig shoes were waaaay more design oriented than da branding heavy era that we're in now.

Tinker and Jordan put more thought into their shoes than Jason and Lebron do to be honest.. Also, modern Lebrons are made out of plastic/synthetic materials (including one piece uppers) that just don't have the same design asthetic leather shoes with multiple piece uppers do. If Nike allowed more money to be spent using different materials and whatnot in making Lebrons, you would start seeing more interesting designs-Jordan Brand did that with the XXX1.

Honestly I don't think Lebron really cares that much about his own shoes, in terms of R&D. Not like Jordan or Kobe did at least.

Tinker and Jordan put more thought into their shoes than Jason and Lebron do to be honest.. Also, modern Lebrons are made out of plastic/synthetic materials (including one piece uppers) that just don't have the same design asthetic leather shoes with multiple piece uppers do. If Nike allowed more money to be spent using different materials and whatnot in making Lebrons, you would start seeing more interesting designs-Jordan Brand did that with the XXX1.

Good point. The xxxi is a great example of new tech and good looks.

Sorry but to say doesn't allow for money to be spent using different materials in a lebron thread... it's pretty inaccurate.
Lebrons get many iterations per year including the ext, elite, and normal version.

Sorry but to say doesn't allow for money to be spent using different materials in a lebron thread... it's pretty inaccurate.
Lebrons get many iterations per year including the ext, elite, and normal version.

Maybe not on simply just the materials but they definitely save money having predominantly one piece synthetic uppers. Manufacturing is much easier and less craftsmanship is required when putting the shoe together.

Maybe not on simply just the materials but they definitely save money having predominantly one piece synthetic uppers. Manufacturing is much easier and less craftsmanship is required when putting the shoe together.

Have you looked at all of the lebron signature models recently?

Have you looked at all of the lebron signature models recently?

I own the 11s and 12s and the upper is predominantly one piece hyperfuse-type material with pieces of posited material for support. I believe the 13 is similar as well.

If you compare this to earlier Lebron models, it definitely seems less expensive to manufacture. After the 11, they started cutting back the amount of Zoom used as well when they went to hex Zoom. On top of that they dropped the full length Lunarlon from the 11 as well.

Back
Top Bottom