The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

After playing more in these I will say that these are decent shoes. Nothing stands out tho so I can't say they are still a $175 shoe.

That being said; I still had gift cards to Footlocker and I was going to go by the BHM until last night happened.

The upper scuffs and rips without much effort apparently. I can't even tell hi guys how this happened. I think maybe when this one dude stepped on my shoe but this is annoying for a premium shoe.
View media item 2336553

It's only 'Premium' in price my dude.

Nike really ought to wear test their product more. An extra toe cap covering would easily prevent the above. They could've used leather or the same material that they're running on the lateral side.

In any case they feel with these selling at the higher price point and limited availability, they'll probably be worn casually and sold/re-sold a few times.

Last edited:
Just checked my secondary account and I got one too. I got one for my primary account not long ago so not this time

anyone else just get a $20 off $100 coupon for NDC? Would have been nice to use it yesterday on the kyrie bhms. Just not used to seeing those things coming from Nike
just got that as well...thinking about using them on the BHM Brons. Damn Nike sending me this on payday...

just received that email too...would have been nice yesterday when ordering the BHM Lebrons, but they were only on SNKRS the first part of the day before becoming available on NDC, and a 12.5 is usually always first to go quick

maybe I'll cop an overpriced EQUALITY shirt smh

It's only 'Premium' in price my dude.

Nike really ought to wear test their product more. An extra toe cap covering would easily prevent the above. They could've used leather or the same material that they're running on the lateral side.

In any case they feel with these selling at the higher price point and limited availability, they'll probably be worn casually and sold/re-sold a few times.
If they are going to make LBJ wear a new colorway every game, they want to design a shoe that doesn't require any break-ins at all this time around.

They could have went back to megafuse like the XII which imo is a good compromise but then it wouldn't be as pliable.

Red pair definitely got that "Heart of a Lion" vibe, but that's cool with me.  
smokin.gif

Just wish @thapointguy   wouldn't have showed us the potential of the black midsole on them...it's a real good look.  

I can't believe how some people are over-hyping this generic-looking Nike basketball shoe. Why - just because it was kept under wraps for a while and Nike initially played the "limited quantity" BS lie only to release them in mass a week later.

There's absolutely NOTHING special or appealing about these shoes but it just goes to show how Nike can easily brainwash grown *** men with their nonsense. Nike should have done the same thing with the 13s last year, and maybe they wouldn't have flopped as hard as they did.

I can't believe how some people are over-hyping this generic-looking Nike basketball shoe. Why - just because it was kept under wraps for a while and Nike initially played the "limited quantity" BS lie only to release them in mass a week later.

There's absolutely NOTHING special or appealing about these shoes but it just goes to show how Nike can easily brainwash grown *** men with their nonsense. Nike should have done the same thing with the 13s last year, and maybe they wouldn't have flopped as hard as they did.
No ones over-hyping anything the 14 is a good looking model and the 13s weren't lol

If you have worn the KD 9 you pretty much know what to expect from the XIV, just won't have to deal with the Zoom popping. The strap and Flywires are the add-ons for $25 more than the KDs. The strap I wouldn't say it's useless, it does help contain your foot a little and also to hold down the laces. The XIV has better traction, translucent to translucent outsole comparison with the KD. XIV has slightly more cushioning. If KDs are priced at $150, the XIV should've been $160-165 to be honest.

The Zoom is better in the KD9.

The Lebron 14 being bottom loaded makes it feel less responsive.

If they are going to make LBJ wear a new colorway every game, they want to design a shoe that doesn't require any break-ins at all this time around.

They could have went back to megafuse like the XII which imo is a good compromise but then it wouldn't be as pliable.

Fair enough, which is why I suggested leather (real full grain) or the same material on the lateral side of the XIV.

shoe isn't even really hyped, it's not selling out on NDC or anything and this thread isn't moving at a fast rate

want to see a hype release, go to the yeezy thread or any boost thread

Tried on BHM's last night with no issue. Holy **** they look and feel dope. hopefully they will still be available in another week or two.

If you have worn the KD 9 you pretty much know what to expect from the XIV, just won't have to deal with the Zoom popping. The strap and Flywires are the add-ons for $25 more than the KDs. The strap I wouldn't say it's useless, it does help contain your foot a little and also to hold down the laces. The XIV has better traction, translucent to translucent outsole comparison with the KD. XIV has slightly more cushioning. If KDs are priced at $150, the XIV should've been $160-165 to be honest.

Bruh the kd9 and these feel soooo different my man

Nah, shoe just looks good and feels good. Best model since the X/XI. 12 and 13s were eye/feet sores with crap colorways. This model has a lot of potential. Kind of represents the year Bron is having right now. Hopefully his shoe line ages like him, fine wine.
pimp.gif

Those reds are tight, but man those black PEs are too tough. All I know is that the kids of today are going to flourish with the future Retroed PEs.

"How dare people like something I don't like!"

Back
Top Bottom