The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

Lol, where are those nike reps who were telling us that the release date had not come yet? lol Many of the comments pro nike are coming from a sneakerhead perspective, which is emotional and then not logical. Steph Curry and Yeezy are running things right now as far as trends go. Adidas is on the upswing, and Nike has flatlined in regard to popularity. LeBron's shoes while selling well, do not fit the off court asthetic that is popular right now, so his line really has no appeal to the non ball player. Steph Curry has the attention of the underdogs, and Nike has never paid any attention to them. Jordan is the only thing holding Nike at level, and even his line has begun to lose it's luster due to Yeezy's ability to promote himself. We are a "witness" to a shift in footwear pop culture, and Nike is not as relevant as they once were.
This is so far from the truth, lol. As somebody who works in the retail side, Nike is still king. They make up about 50% of more stores' sales alone. The guys who buy Yeezy, Jordans, etc. are actually the minority. Every time somebody walks in, they go to the Nike wall first and will pick up a Roshe, Flyknit, Free, etc. before any Boost.

Lebron 8s dont eem look like a signature shoe.

Look like "nike air max ______"

One of those sneakers a buncha players wear.

Cats blinded by the colors.

Most NBA cats wear brons though! And due to the V2 and v3 the v1 probably had the least colorways in recent memories so I don't know where the cats being blinded by colorways statement came from .. And would u say the same for the 7's ans 10's?

This is so far from the truth, lol. As somebody who works in the retail side, Nike is still king. They make up about 50% of more stores' sales alone. The guys who buy Yeezy, Jordans, etc. are actually the minority. Every time somebody walks in, they go to the Nike wall first and will pick up a Roshe, Flyknit, Free, etc. before any Boost.
I do not doubt that you are right when it comes to what you see in your store. I am sure that you also understand that where trends are considered, what you see in your store has nothing to do with what is going on globally where trends are created. The trend away from nike may not show up immediately in regard to finance, and that has everything to do with the cushion nike has created, but the loss in buzz, especially from the streets, will hurt them in the long run. Actually, it already has. Nike reducing their pricing proves your comment wrong as well. If nike were confident in their product and pricing, nothing would change.

Last edited:
Nike is just wayyy behind Adidas right now in the wearability aspect of things, seems adidas is making a shoe good for on court use but also to wear casually where as Nike is just looking at the performance side of things and that's what's killing them aside from the Kyrie 2 this past year most Nike sigs are hard to pull off casually and that IMO is really killing Nike right now

Most NBA cats wear brons though! And due to the V2 and v3 the v1 probably had the least colorways in recent memories so I don't know where the cats being blinded by colorways statement came from .. And would u say the same for the 7's ans 10's?

The most memorable thing about the 8s is the south beach COLORWAY.

i would say the same about the 7 and 10

Look at 1 thru 4.

THOSE look like signature models

The last Bron that truly looked like a "sig" to me was the XI.  It didn't pan out comfort wise for Bron and wasn't the best shoe for hooping, but it looks like a sig shoe and had a fantastic marketing scheme (the King's Pride running through Miami commercial, the Black/red tech commercial) to match it.  One of my favorite models. 

Speaking of retro's, any chance they retro the postseason lines, like the 7 PS and the elites? Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the elites, the black/red 7 PS is probably my favorite LeBron sneaker ever.

Lebron 7-10 looked a bit generic, they did serve their purpose tho in pushing the line forward.

Lebron 1-4 and 11 REALLY looked good and had that alpha project feel.

the dunks were based off the 1's though

Correct.

But all those sneakers in that similar style...ship...1...dunk

I feel like they were all just slight modifications of a template.

I dont NOT like the 1....i just feel design wise its the least inspired.

For understandable reasons tho.

Correct.

But all those sneakers in that similar style...ship...1...dunk

I feel like they were all just slight modifications of a template.

I dont NOT like the 1....i just feel design wise its the least inspired.

For understandable reasons tho.
ok I misunderstood but i see what your saying now, and it was 85, it was probably the most unique shoe out in 85 by comparison

Last edited:
30 years of innovation. Think about the LeBron line as a look into what MJs sneakers would be like if he played today. Sort of.

We can't really bash the Jordan 1 for being simple, it did start everything.

For me, lol, obviously this is my opinion, I see the 3 as the pinnacle of this line. It reminded some of the Jordan XI, but a beefed up version, of which I agree. The campaign surrounding the shoe was cool, the kid, and lebron playing other characters, which made the shoe even more dope. The Superman make up, SVSM color make ups's even the GR's were hot. The shoe was playable, took a beating, then looked good afterward. No other shoe in this line has offered that versatility since for me. I dig the heck out of the LBJ 10, but the plastic in that shoe cannot compare to how the 3 was put together. This is just my opinion, as I also think that the Kobe 6 was the best of his line. Just wanted to drop that, peace out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom