The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

View media item 2152712
There goes the end of that conversation. Sneakerheads don't determine if a shoe "takes a nosedive" or not, sales do. Bron is leading in sales on a shoe that the sneaker community generally sees as a failure.

Sneakerheads have been and always will be the minority. There are so many HS kids with the shoes that likely never think to join a message board to talk about shoes.

BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!

roll.gif

PERFORMANCE, not neck breakers
laugh.gif

GOODNIGHT OAKLAND...............ITS OVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

Man i really hope nike delivers with these... 

So then what's the problem here? Highest selling signature line that outperforms Kyries and Currys. Where's the nosedive?
I just meant nosedive as in people wearing Lebrons casually. Once the whole situation with Lebron saying the 11's were uncomfortable to him came out, the amount of people wearing Lebrons from what I've seen have decreased. But like @pacmagic2002  brought up with the sales, this could be due to basketball wear, and because they're better performers that's why they're leading in sales. 

I just meant nosedive as in people wearing Lebrons casually. Once the whole situation with Lebron saying the 11's were uncomfortable to him came out, the amount of people wearing Lebrons from what I've seen have decreased. But like @pacmagic2002
 brought up with the sales, this could be due to basketball wear, and because they're better performers that's why they're leading in sales. 

Well, you're right in that regard then. The Lebron 12s and 13s would look terrible for casual wear. You could say the same thing about every signature shoe in that tweet though. Curry 2s look awful. I wouldn't rock those KD8s on the court or off the court. The Kyries look bland to me as well. To me, the most accessible signature line, in terms of casual wear, would probably be the Kobe line since they're lowcuts. Oddly enough, they don't appear on that tweet at all in terms of best-sellilng signature lines.

the others on that list were meant to do what they did... the 13 should not be in the same conversation but they are only cause they drastically cut prices

what that list says to me is curry needed no help, lebrons needed all the help, and nothing could help the kd 8 

whats not added into that equation is the massive discounts to be had on the 11,12 and 13, due to higher production and lack of interest at the initial pricepoint.

there are so many ways to manipulate sales numbers.

success can be determined by actual units moved...but failure can be measured in needing to discount the shoe so heavily in order to sell the shoe.

in addition...evey shoe that nike sells outside of their own retailers counts as a shoe "sold" to them...so there is where the manipulation of the numbers begins.

if retailers held firm at retail price like they used to, most of those lebron 11s 12s and 13s would still be on shelves collecting dust.

Not credible if Jordan Horizons are on the list. Are they even basketball shoes?!?!

It's a lifestyle shoe, but they could categorize it as a basketball product as it's basketball inspired.
if that's the case then the 72-10 is the best selling basketball shoe with two million units

Last edited by a moderator:
whats not added into that equation is the massive discounts to be had on the 11,12 and 13, due to higher production and lack of interest at the initial pricepoint.

success can be determined by actual units moved...but failure can be measured in needing to discount the shoe so heavily in order to sell the shoe.

in addition...evey shoe that nike sells outside of their own retailers counts as a shoe "sold" to them...so there is where the manipulation of the numbers begins.

if retailers held firm at retail price like they used to, most of those lebron 11s 12s and 13s would still be on shelves collecting dust.

True story here rawdawg34, but back in March I was at one of our local Nike outlets in Toronto, Canada and they literally had the XI, XII & XIII on the shelves. It was surreal my dude, and Nike must think Canadians are a bunch of turnips as they were insisting on charging $110 for the XIs, $140 for XIIs and a whopping $230 for the XIIIs. :rofl:

BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!

roll.gif

PERFORMANCE, not neck breakers
laugh.gif

GOODNIGHT OAKLAND...............ITS OVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!

Based on some of the leaks we had, I gave my try at what I think the 14 will look like.
Minimal branding on the collar, yellow represent the posits pieces but also his 3 rings. Notice the multidirectional herringbone traction pattern, should be great for all court surfaces.

Probably the best look we've gotten so far.

View media item 2153752

Based on some of the leaks we had, I gave my try at what I think the 14 will look like.
Minimal branding on the collar, yellow represent the posits pieces but also his 3 rings. Notice the multidirectional herringbone traction pattern, should be great for all court surfaces.

I need to see more CW's before I make a judgement.  

View media item 2153752

IN. Best LeBron since the 2.

Back
Top Bottom