The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

I think people overlook collecting as the issue, if people already own something then re-release wouldnt help and the hype is diminished. the newness of boost its why they seem hyped, but I don't think they hold a candle to jb, if magically everyone's jordans were gone and every j had to be recouped then nobody would care about boost, but this delay is helping the 14 unless they come out doodoo

Last edited:
Can't wait to see the 14 mode that got scrapped. It had to be that horrid for the higher ups to kibosh it. Mark Parker laid the smack down on the Zoom Power/LeBron 6 and ordered a redesign.

What if nike drops a Prelude-like Lebron pack, shoes 1-13? leading to the 14...debut the 14 during ASW or a bit sooner

Pack would start light colored (clevland colors), fade to South Beach/Heat like colors between the 8-11, back to Cle for the 12, 13 etc

Last edited by a moderator:
What if nike drops a Prelude-like Lebron pack, shoes 1-13? leading to the 14...debut the 14 during ASW or a bit sooner

Pack would start light colored (clevland colors), fade to South Beach/Heat like colors between the 8-11, back to Cle for the 12, 13 etc
I think it's possible if you saw the 3s he wore for media day they had a tag like the kobe ftbs... my fingers are crossed

[/quote]

Would be dope. Could start black, then go darker blue like on the 3's we saw, then to light blueish, then pink and now finally wine red, with a lot of wine red and a ton of metallic gold on the 14 for the championship. :smokin :smokin :smokin

But knowing Nike, they would never do this :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
Maybe the LeBron model is just adopting the kobe release date model?

Especially with the "success" of the soldier x.

Not sure how credible this info is (or even if it was already posted)as Jan 1st is on a Sunday but wouldn't be surprised if the release is around Christmas, seeming Cavs play Golden State, holiday season, etc....

View media item 2195286

Maybe the LeBron model is just adopting the kobe release date model?

Especially with the "success" of the soldier x.

Doubtful my man, if they scrapped the original design - then the timeline's about right for a January launch. We'll just have to wait and see what the RD for XV is next year.

Just shows what a mess Nike's become - how the hell does a product get scrapped so late in the life-cycle? Do they not take feedback from a board of directors, wear-testers, focus groups, Lebron's camp or even Lebron himself?

Last edited:
So jan 1 for the release date, do they bother even doing elites in april at that point? This whole deal with this shoe reminds me of going to waffle house during the third shift -- you have no idea who is in charge and you cant get your order.

Elites should've been scrapped a long time ago. Give me all the features in one quality release.

It seems this delay has brought a lil life back to the line. At least it isn't just another typical yearly release.

I also think the Soldier X has taken a lil pressure off to rush the new sig to the market.

Curry doesn't speak to ghetto youth. He's an articulate, light skinned intelligent biracial superstar who embodies skill over innate genetic lottery DNA. He's got crossover appeal and isn't tatted up like he grew up in the pen.

Curry ain't biracial fam, both of his parents are just lighter skinned and he ended up being up lighter than 'em.

To me I really don't think Nike was ready for the Cavs/Bron/Kyrie to beat the Warriors. It just looks like they weren't prepared.  Maybe with Kobe retiring and all the effort they put in to his final shoes and the fade to black pack they neglected Bron's chances of winning.  It really just doesn't make sense to me.  Super lazy.    
I though they said "Always Believe" 
grin.gif

Lol the hood or "guttah" hasn't ever dictated what's popular beyond maybe Air Force 1's. But it really was a mainstream rap song by Nelly that made them pop with the masses.

Athletes and entertainers are the ones who made stuff hot. Specifically transcendent basketball players.

Curry doesn't speak to ghetto youth. He's an articulate, light skinned intelligent biracial superstar who embodies skill over innate genetic lottery DNA. He's got crossover appeal and isn't tatted up like he grew up in the pen.

SMH at black lives matter athletes being what's popular, as if that has any potential longevity or sustainability. Kaepernick in particular is a garbage QB.

And even more LOL if you think his stance is purely social conscious and the whole protest during the national anthem trend didn't start with a strong dose of self absorbed, look at me being contrarian type mentality.

Black lives matter is a stupid movement.
:smh:
So much fail in this post.

Last edited:
Lol the hood or "guttah" hasn't ever dictated what's popular beyond maybe Air Force 1's. But it really was a mainstream rap song by Nelly that made them pop with the masses.

Athletes and entertainers are the ones who made stuff hot. Specifically transcendent basketball players.

SMH at black lives matter athletes being what's popular, as if that has any potential longevity or sustainability. Kaepernick in particular is a garbage QB.

And even more LOL if you think his stance is purely social conscious and the whole protest during the national anthem trend didn't start with a strong dose of self absorbed, look at me being contrarian type mentality.

Black lives matter is a stupid movement.
lol delete your account

Haven't been a fan of LeBron shoes since the AZG1 / LBJ2.  But for Nike's sake I hope they do something right.  IMO the innovation is there but the execution isn't.  For one, they can't even get herringbone right, let alone 1-to-1 FK working.

The Kobe 11 Elites SMH what a let down.

Out of curiosity, how close are US and international release dates? The calendar everyone is citing is from Europe I believe. If they have their release confirmed for 1/1/17, wouldn't that put the US release a little closer to late December?

Sooo if the Bron's are geeting pushed back to 2017 I'm assuming they gonna be droppin around the same time as the Kobe's...?

Haven't been a fan of LeBron shoes since the AZG1 / LBJ2.  But for Nike's sake I hope they do something right.  IMO the innovation is there but the execution isn't.  For one, they can't even get herringbone right, let alone 1-to-1 FK working.

The Kobe 11 Elites SMH what a let down.
I'm so tired of the Kobe 11 Elites, and every other sig out right now. It feels like this current line has been going on for years. I can't wait till we get to the Kobe 12's, Kyrie 3's, and Lebron 14's, but I have the least amount of confidence in the Lebrons.

Jeez.... we already have every thread in general for this boys. 

Right left black white.... let's have these words refer to feet and colorways if possible.

Back
Top Bottom