The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

I just dont see how the shoe warrants 175 when kd9's tech is better and 25 bucks cheaper

The shoe has potential depending on the CW but IMO, it seems like they were lazy in the design process. It doesn't look like a "signature shoe". It looks like it came out of the Soldier lineup which isn't necessarily a bad thing but if your presenting this as the flagship LeBron for this season, it looks suspect in terms of time n energy spent towards the design process.

I would love for the original design of the 14 to leak.

I'm sure they would be loved instantly on here like the Nike Zoom Powers.
laugh.gif

I'm telling yall... these were definitely a last minute design. There's no ad campaign, no preproduction leaks... nothing. I'm guessing Bron didn't like the performance of the initial design therefore Nike scrapped them and threw together a quick shoe with basic tech and features that Lebron is used to playing in to hold us over and keep consumers buying until the 15 drops. I wouldn't be surprised if Nike drops less than 8 colorways of this shoe.... if that.

It really does seem rushed. I'm not worried about performance, but what I miss the most here is the signature element.

All we get here is LJ on one tab, LJ logo on another tab and LJ logo on the bottom.

Too many tabs, which I guess are easy to slap on, and not nearly enough true signature feel here.

Usually that's what separates LeBron from other Nike designs and the main signature line from the Soldiers.

Last edited:
This is obviously a case of "The initial design didn't work out, so let's just use old molds and ideas and rush a shoe out".... samething JB did with the 30's...

They should have just let him wear the Soldiers all season so they had more time to put out a more innovative/fresh looking shoe for the 14's...

The 30s looked much better than these though.. People hated the performance and fit of the 30s but people seemed to love the overall look.

Thank you. At least somebody isn't looking at Adidas through rose-tinted glasses right now. 

I think once Nike finally has an answer to Boost, there won't be much argument from the Adidas corner.. I'm actually surprised Nike still hasn't brought any tech to compete with it to market yet-maybe they are perfecting it?

Sorry but this logic makes no sense to me. We have yet to feel the performance and comfort of this shoe to make a valid review, and if your basis is how they look cosmetically then you're not taking into account that these are for an actually player on court.
To compare LeBrons to a retro Jordan is pointless. LeBrons are built and styled for LeBron an active player to play in, retro Jordans aren't. Bad quality? I have yet to come across a LeBron shoe that had bad quality and I doubt this shoe will have that problem.

Clearly you misunderstood Jordans poor quality comparison to what i was referring about this particular silhouette. I never stated the quality was bad on this model. Nor did I state that the performance of this shoe will suffer under any circumstances. My statement was geared more towards no matter how bad the quality is on Jordans, people still buy them. With Lebrons, no matter how the messy the silhouette or first colorway looks. Some believe other colorways will save the shoe. For years, we know Jordan quality has decline on certain mass produced shoes. Yet we somehow swallow the poor quality pill and purchase anyhow.

This is the 14th iteration of the Lebron line. We've seen Nike made little effort to make his shoe stand out from looking like a generic shoe. YET....some believe that colorways will save this shoe therefore making it acceptable to purchase. What happen to the days when cws and silhouettes were dope at first appearance. We didnt need to see a secondary colorway or different angle etc...

If i had to touch on performance, this shoe has no new tech. The hex pods has been refined. Yet you wont get any responsiveness from that midfoot pod. The heel zoom will probably suffice but bottom loaded zoom doesnt feel like zoom embedded within the midsole. As for the front two pods, ypu might get some responsiveness from the pod underneath the ball of your foot but thats it.

KD9 has super responsive cushioning. There is little phylon between the actual foot and zoom cushioning....

View media item 2275947

Lebron with Hex pods have a load of phylon between the actual foot and zoom pods underneath. You barely get any zoom feel.

View media item 2275945
View media item 2275946
By now we all should know the hex pods arent what Nike makes them out to be.

After the clutter of 11 and 12, the apparent simplicity of these is a welcome change.

In  the right colorway, they're a maybe.

I think Nike did an excellent job with the Lebron 14. The shoe is very clean and match more of today's casual like vibes with sneakers imo.It looks like a lot can be done with this shoe with different materials as well. I think an EXT/LUX pair would look good on thes 14's. But like I said before I'll be in for a few pair.

I can't stand basketball shoes that don't have an actual tongue.

I took for granted the X would be the last great LeBron sig

i agree.. the X is when the lebron line started to get progressively worse. 7-9 were the highlight of lebron shoes. 10 was okay because the hangover from the 9s were still there. and the 10 kinda reminded me of the 8. the 11 was bad but i bought 1 colorway. the all black. the 12 was just horrible. 13 as well. the lows for 12/13 were better than the mids.

in retropect the 9s will go down as the best lebron because of the history of the shoe with him winning his first champion ship in it. and with it have the best, most solid colorways out of all the other models.

nike basketball has gone downhill. the best era of it in modern memory will be from the years 09-2012 maybe 13. it was in its best when it was the kd4, kobe 6, lebron 8/9

Back
Top Bottom