The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

in China they got 12 months just like the other 195 countries.. You stupid American you. And people need to start using this format like Canada usually does YYYY/MM/DD and TIME (so Ill know when it will drop).

i could have sworn axelplug said it was going to be like that but i could be wrong.

would have been better, hopefully they'll do that on some cws.

I agree but disagree about the CW you like and that 90% of CWs being horrible.. The 12 was a great design I agree but the hyper-price drew people off..but it still sold well. The Data CW is definitly one of MY top CWs for the 12 as well as Court Vision, All-Star Game, Black History Month. Dunk Force.. for off-court and on-court wear. For on-court wear I would rock about half of them. The ugly ones would have to be Double Helix, $Trillion. The NSRL I have no opnion of it but if I had to choose I would say No. That "teal" color on the NSRL CW looks damn good on the Way of Wade 4 "Liberty" though.

Now the Lebron 11 had some dope CWs. And there was many many releases.

I love hearing NIke has no tech, they not pushing the envelope, etc. Just goes to show that people are just looking at trends. I mean did you just forget Nike just released the EARL system? Self lacing shoes will be prevelant in the coming years. Nike has always stayed head in R&D. Adidas had to get help from NASA for boost.
Do you really think the E.A.R.L. system was really created in house at nike? lol Just like Adidas, Nike contracts outside engineers to create the technology, once patented that technology is sold to these parent companies to be used by in house designers. BASF did boost by the way not NASA. And what's the purpose of tech if it has no use. Unless you are disabled or old there is no reason on earth anyone should be rocking self lacing shoes.  And even the design of self lacing is honestly simple. they  just put a rotor on an auto lace system which has been around forever. The point I'm making is neither companies have made jumps in technology but were just afforded opportunities by engineers to utilize their technology at a cut of the price. BASF has been sitting on boost for a decade and Nike could have easily scooped a patent for it but the money wasn't right for BASF. they took their technology to Adidas and now both of them are winning. What's really staying ahead is to see who wins the rat race of the actual modular shoe which the race for that should be heating up very soon...

in China they got 12 months just like the other 195 countries.. You stupid American you. And people need to start using this format like Canada usually does YYYY/MM/DD and TIME (so Ill know when it will drop).
CAD, nah that's military, or yall should use our DTG so i know the all the info DDTTTTMMYY

I can't believe people actually like this simple "functional" performance lightweight cloth shoe direction nike is going with their design. Theres nothing interesting or thought provoking with this garbage. 11 12 n 13 were lebron's signature prime! They literally looked out of this world. And thats what signature shoes should look like. U can just look at them and tell they were probably over $200.
They looked like they used pics of transformers, iron man suits, and Halo armor for their inspiration board for his past 3 shoes. And thats what a Lebron is supposed to look like,. but now the inspiration is: " we wanted the inspiration to be oight weight and flexible"..lamest design story. I don't understand why Nike is going backwards design wise.

how many months they got in china
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I like the shoe, I'm kinda worried about my ankles, but will see that when the shoe drops. 

My biggest concern is the durability of the shoe. 

I've been reading this thread since  the beginning. Everybody is talking about CWs and bad designs, but what about the durability?

I'm known for going through my shoes quickly due to the fact that I'm a quite heavy PF that really puts pressure on the shoes. 

During the course of the years, I went from having 1 shoe for a year (remember nike's warranty says 2 years, so a shoe should last theoretically 2 years) to 2-3 shoes per year. My team is not throwing shoes at me for free and I don't wear them casually so it's quite annoying to keep buying shoes over n over again especially because of many break-in periods etc.

Lebron-wise:

11: after 4 months i broke the shankplate in 1/2, shoe was done. 

12: after 3 months it ripped and then the shankplate cracked after 5 months

13: after 3-4 months the flywire on the laces broke and all of a sudden I didn't have any support

13 elites: 5 months in the shankplate started cracking, but once i made a pull-up jumper the backsole fully came off

Now because the 14s are late, I am wearing hyperdunk 2017s and the mesh on them are already breaking up....have had them for 3 months now. 

Thankfully all (not yet done with the hyperdunks) these were replaced by Nike. 

Coming back to the main thing:

Assuming that Lebron has played in these 2 (warm-up + game) times (maybe more??), what about the paint already fading away?

It looks like those are the points where the shoes are more likely to break up...

...and I don't want another shoe that lasts only about 3-4 months :)))) 

Those r ingame scuffs bro if the shoe was to chip paint it would be vertically alignec with those flex points

I like the shoe, I'm kinda worried about my ankles, but will see that when the shoe drops. 

My biggest concern is the durability of the shoe. 

I've been reading this thread since  the beginning. Everybody is talking about CWs and bad designs, but what about the durability?

I'm known for going through my shoes quickly due to the fact that I'm a quite heavy PF that really puts pressure on the shoes. 

During the course of the years, I went from having 1 shoe for a year (remember nike's warranty says 2 years, so a shoe should last theoretically 2 years) to 2-3 shoes per year. My team is not throwing shoes at me for free and I don't wear them casually so it's quite annoying to keep buying shoes over n over again especially because of many break-in periods etc.

Lebron-wise:

11: after 4 months i broke the shankplate in 1/2, shoe was done. 

12: after 3 months it ripped and then the shankplate cracked after 5 months

13: after 3-4 months the flywire on the laces broke and all of a sudden I didn't have any support

13 elites: 5 months in the shankplate started cracking, but once i made a pull-up jumper the backsole fully came off

Now because the 14s are late, I am wearing hyperdunk 2017s and the mesh on them are already breaking up....have had them for 3 months now. 

Thankfully all (not yet done with the hyperdunks) these were replaced by Nike. 

Coming back to the main thing:

Assuming that Lebron has played in these 2 (warm-up + game) times (maybe more??), what about the paint already fading away?

It looks like those are the points where the shoes are more likely to break up...

...and I don't want another shoe that lasts only about 3-4 months :)))) 
im sure lebron wears a brand new pair of shoes every time he steps on the court, jordan wore 2prs a game, so that's the difference between the shoes lasting for them vs lasting for you, take for instance Ghinobli who prob buys his own shoes, he ran thru a pair, so think about that, no matter how well made a shoe is IMHO these aren't made to go a whole season on pro sized feet and survive, flip side if they don't you have to buy more so why would they make shoes that last a whole season? this is profit based not sustainment based business

Back
Top Bottom