The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
just got my witness 12s in and decided to re-lace them and omg how do you guys get the laces back into these things? i've tried everything and my fingers are wrecked
mean.gif
have you been working your other hand from inside the shoe? it takes some finagling and a bit of pressure to squeeze them through 

have you been working your other hand from inside the shoe? it takes some finagling and a bit of pressure to squeeze them through 

yeah, my other hand is in the shoe as a fulcrum for the aglet to angle up to go through the other eyelet but it also makes the eyelet opening too small for the aglet to pass through.
i've also tried using my other hand to squeeze the eyelets but that didn't work either.

yeah, my other hand is in the shoe as a fulcrum for the aglet to angle up to go through the other eyelet but it also makes the eyelet opening too small for the aglet to pass through.
i've also tried using my other hand to squeeze the eyelets but that didn't work either.
So once you get to where I'm in this picture, get the lace tip right to the edge of the exit opening and then pressure the tip from the inside hand and use your outside hand to leverage it up into the exit hole.  Im sure this is what you've been trying so this might be futile for you but it has always worked for me.  You just gotta toy with it for a while to loosen up the fabric a bit and let it slide through .

So once you get to where I'm in this picture, get the lace tip right to the edge of the exit opening and then pressure the tip from the inside hand and use your outside hand to leverage it up into the exit hole.  Im sure this is what you've been trying so this might be futile for you but it has always worked for me.  You just gotta toy with it for a while to loosen up the fabric a bit and let it slide through .
 View media item 1586945

i managed to get through one exit opening after it softened from trying so much. i gave up and fashioned a paperclip into a loop to hook the aglet and pull up through the exit opening. i managed to get one shoe done and i'm taking a break haha. i think the problem for me was that i wasn;'t getting enough leverage to push and wedge the aglet through the exit. much appreciated for the speedy response!

i managed to get through one exit opening after it softened from trying so much. i gave up and fashioned a paperclip into a loop to hook the aglet and pull up through the exit opening. i managed to get one shoe done and i'm taking a break haha. i think the problem for me was that i wasn;'t getting enough leverage to push and wedge the aglet through the exit. much appreciated for the speedy response!
anytime, yea it was a hassle for me the first time but was a breeze after I did it a couple time and you'll be done much much faster.  good luck and post some pics of  it? Black laces in the witness?

Of course NDC pics are doctored, but the ebay pics use a flash...which IMO, phone flash always makes kicks look worse. 

I've yet to see a 12 low that I like. The USA's are OK, but every other low has been meh. I doubt we're getting a champ low.

anytime, yea it was a hassle for me the first time but was a breeze after I did it a couple time and you'll be done much much faster.  good luck and post some pics of  it? Black laces in the witness?

it might sound weird but i like to lace my kicks the opposite way of how they come factory laced (right over left and vice versa). i've been doing it for all my kicks since i can remember. these brons are the worst for my little ritual lol.

View media item 1586945
What are these? I'm digging the green.

I really have to get these black laces in the cleveland's

I agree they'll look smokin with black laces :pimp:

I just can't see myself trying to do another lace swap on these though :\

they're my first 12's. what happened with your thumb? lol

I did a lace swap on Court Visions from the red factory laces to a pair of black and 3m laces :smokin

In the end I pulled it off after about an hour but I cut the tips of my thumbs and cuticles trying to :lol:

Last edited:
I agree they'll look smokin with black laces :pimp:

I just can't see myself trying to do another lace swap on these though :\
I did a lace swap on Court Visions from the red factory laces to a pair of black and 3m laces :smokin

In the end I pulled it off after about an hour but I cut the tips of my thumbs and cuticles trying to :lol:
I remember the bloody thumb pics LOL

Back
Top Bottom