The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
Everybody's initial reaction to the 12's were such classics as "Those are hideous!" and "Worst Lebrons ever!" and who could forget "Looks like I'm saving $200!"
Then everybody's reaction became "Cop" "Cop" "Cop" "Copping from day one" "COP" "COP" "COP"

Welcome to The Lebron Thread my man :nthat:

Where the first 50 pages are hate :smh:

The next 50 pages people start coming around :rolleyes

The next 1000+ is all love :wow:

Wait til the really hyped up ish starts dropping and the beast come out the wood work :nerd:

Your not even gonna remember anyone calling them ugly and neither will the people who said it :lol:

Last edited:
data and instincts :nthat:  will wait for below retail thought. i can't see any of these colorways flying off the shelves. 
I agree. At the least dudes should wait until you can use a ftl coupon and get 20-30 off. Exception would be if he wears a size 16+ or something. Then either buy now at retail or hope it pops up at a Burlington two years later for 100 :lol:

Everybody's initial reaction to the 12's were such classics as "Those are hideous!" and "Worst Lebrons ever!" and who could forget "Looks like I'm saving $200!"
Then everybody's reaction became "Cop" "Cop" "Cop" "Copping from day one" "COP" "COP" "COP"

Which is why ppl should wait for better pics and/or see them in person.

I wore these suckers all day...feels good man.
smokin.gif

I admit when I saw the dismantled 12s I thought they were ugly, once they were put together and leaked pics dropped my mind was changed. Looked like one big sock that looked like the Kobes.

I've been in this thread from the day it was created and remember plenty of members saying they'd "reserve judgement until official pics." Maybe that's just me looking at it with the glass half-full though... I remember the "football cleat" and the "terrible for casual" comments, but for whatever reason 1 negative comment will always outweigh 10 positive ones.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, if they change their mind who cares, honestly...

I thought the HoL's were gonna be a day 1 cop for me...still haven't picked up a pair. Patiently waiting...

I've been in this thread from the day it was created and remember plenty of members saying they'd "reserve judgement until official pics." Maybe that's just me looking at it with the glass half-full though... I remember the "football cleat" and the "terrible for casual" comments, but for whatever reason 1 negative comment will always outweigh 10 positive ones.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, if they change their mind who cares, honestly...

But you know it's always someone that likes to say everybody this and everybody that like it's true :lol:

For me, I always liked the red color and I was happy when I saw they were an easy release. There are a couple colors coming that have my attention but I def don't "love" the 12 like I have with other models. All of these recycled colors feel like a money grab sometimes.

I feel what a couple other people have been saying with this first batch of colorways. Other than the HoL colorway, all these others are what we would be accustomed to seeing as limited and hyped stuff that really the average guy can't pull off (IMO). I will probably cop the HoL on discount, and maybe the Datas, but the Meridians, TDM, Dunkmans, NSRLs, and Instincts are too out there for me. Give me a classic Bred or just something traditional like an Akron colorway so I don't look like some 15 year old kid running around the mall trying to look "swagged out"
problem is they come out with a bred colorway then everyone will say its too boring and nike has no imagination and just giving us recycled colorways.. 

so its a double edged sword. 

personally i like unique colorways on models.. 

Last edited:

THIS
There were definitely members who said they wouldn't cop the 12s, but then the NBAstore and SA deals on the HOL popped up last week and they changed their mind.

Last edited:

None of the initial colorways should be a day 1 cop. The HOL showed us that. Wait a week or so and a discount will be available

I hear you but I'm not playing any games with them Datas bro :smh:

I got big feet and the big sizes are never very abundant :\

All of this.
Yep, my size sold out on EB, but others just sitting. As far as the lacing system I don't find it as bad as mentioned. Laced over the lace cover in a matter of minutes. Once I got the instep comfortable there's only a small portion that need to be loosened and tightened for wear and removal. Test run in the gym tonite.

Last edited:
I feel what a couple other people have been saying with this first batch of colorways. Other than the HoL colorway, all these others are what we would be accustomed to seeing as limited and hyped stuff that really the average guy can't pull off (IMO). I will probably cop the HoL on discount, and maybe the Datas, but the Meridians, TDM, Dunkmans, NSRLs, and Instincts are too out there for me. Give me a classic Bred or just something traditional like an Akron colorway so I don't look like some 15 year old kid running around the mall trying to look "swagged out"
problem is they come out with a bred colorway then everyone will say its too boring and nike has no imagination and just giving us recycled colorways.. 

so its a double edged sword. 

personally i like unique colorways on models.. 

I would say no one gets upset or doesn't understand why certain colors drop like the team colors for the signature color.

THIS
There were definitely members who said they wouldn't cop the 12s, but then the NBAstore and SA deals on the HOL popped up last week and they changed their mind.

The first pictures leaked they were terrible..

Can't blame people that didn't liked it at first when you see a picture like this. 

I didn't like the shoe but when real colorways and official pictures from Nike were released I changed my opinion.

I don't buy a shoe because the majority of the people like it. I don't care, I buy it cause I like it. 

I don't know why it seems like a big problem to you that people changed their mind. 

I'm calling a spade a spade, it just is what it is. You're the one whose getting offended. Observations is all

A spade is a spade and the initial pics were trash and still are. Some people just love a shoe regardless of the look while others need to see something which actually makes them appealing.

Also, I swear most of the shots I saw of people wearing them before they dropped had dudes wearing them with spandex or whatever which didn't help the look at all.
Seeing realistic photos really helped.

It's really crazy how people change their minds sometimes, I really don't get it :rolleyes

I guess people found out they were mad comfortable and for some reason started liking them :smh:

I guess they also realized the initial sample vs the actual release was totally different and liked the final product more :\

But there's still some who hated the sample shoe from early crappy pics and still hate them now although everything about the shoe has basically changed :stoneface:

No worries though there will always be a few who stay tried and true :wink:

Back
Top Bottom