The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
My homeboy does this with cars. Every 6 months on to the next...
lots of cats with a nice car at the crib or a reliable car such as a cam or in that line lease them high end cars to stunt but don't feel keeping them is worth it

lots of dudes with bread in engineering where i work do that. no point in keeping that i have a car just wanna play some times. smart long term as long as ur work horse whip stays good
LOL funny you say that because he commutes during the week in an 04 accord and stunts on the weekend. Said if he has to make a payment car gotta be new. The longest he will drive one is a year.

Honestly, it's kind of a must to have a daily driver when driving luxury cars. They lose value much faster than Hondas and toyotas. Entirely different market. I learned the hard way when I had a BMW as my daily driver. :smh:

Daily driver is a Bimmer. Routine maintenance costs are a PITA

My boy had a 07 maxima 135k and my 335 was at 124k. His was worth more than my car was :lol:

Not saying much but it was eye opening. People just don't want higher mileage luxury cars and when I say high mileage I mean above 50k :lol:

i'm all about those shoe renters/vnds lowballers. i wear a sz 10 and it seems all these 90s-00 babies have ginormous feet for their age so usually i'm offering some 13 year old less than half for a pair you cant even see dirt on.. "I can drive to you to pick them up" = DEAL haha

local FB groups are too easy

I swear some angles of this shoe make it look so dope and some angles make it look like the ugliest shoe on Earth.

My boy had a 07 maxima 135k and my 335 was at 124k. His was worth more than my car was
laugh.gif

Not saying much but it was eye opening. People just don't want higher mileage luxury cars and when I say high mileage I mean above 50k
laugh.gif
That is indeed eye opening. Don't have any plans on selling mine anytime in the near future, but this is good to know

Last edited:
^^^ I didn't have plans either until I saw the writing on the wall and I hit an issue where the mechanic couldn't defintiely figure out why my car was running rough.

I swear some angles of this shoe make it look so dope and some angles make it look like the ugliest shoe on Earth.
I agree.

After witnessing the dissection, you can see that there is no real value there either. They are not worth two bills. As a fan of LBJ, I prefer the III.

Last edited:
^^^ I didn't have plans either until I saw the writing on the wall and I hit an issue where the mechanic couldn't defintiely figure out why my car was running rough.
Damn. Haven't hit 100k+ miles yet but what you're saying is rather disconcerting. I'll need to lookout for early signs once I hit that mark

Damn. Haven't hit 100k+ miles yet but what you're saying is rather disconcerting. I'll need to lookout for early signs once I hit that mark
wish you the best of luck. My next adventure to luxury land will have me driving a regular daily driver with a leased luxury car for the weekend and special days. A lease lets you just walk away from the car sooner vs dealing with the exponential depreciation.

Also, anyone that says the bron 12 isn't worth $200 is....... RIGHT! That's why we're on here trying to get discounts whenever possible. No shoe is really worth $200 and cutting it up doesn't change a thing.

Are these true to size?
I have narrow/normal feet, and when I went to try on a size 13 (my size in basically everything) it felt like there was too much room in the toebox. If you have wide feet I'm guessing they'd run TTS, but for me they ran big.

A lot has been said already in regards to performance between the 2. But for me the standout differences between them are comfort, flexibility, and cushioning. Comfort easily goes to the XII due to the megafuse upper. Toes actually have room to wiggle which is nice. Flexibility comes from a combination of the upper as well as the sole with huge flex grooves separating each pod. Imagine a beefed up nike free sole.

Those 2 areas aren't really up for debate IMO. You may find differing opinions when it comes to the cushioning though. Lunarlon + full length zoom was definitely pillowy on the XI. The XII setup seems to value court feel a little more. Bottom loaded zoom in the forefoot isn't something you'll sink into like in the XI, but you still feel some responsiveness which is actually getting better the more I play in them. The heel zoom is extremely bouncy. Feels just like unlocked zoom that you'd find on the jordan XX8. Ultimately, it comes down to preference.

If I had to choose between the 2 for a game I would go with the XII because I prefer all of the aspects I've written about here. However, the XI was my go to for pretty much the entire year, beating out shoes like the Kobe 9 Elite and Jordan XX8. So it's not by any means a bad shoe. Being a smaller guard though, I just feel like the XII fits my style of play better.

Played in my XIIs a few times now. The weight, fit/comfot, flexibility and court feel are much improved on the XIIs over the XIs. Heel to toe is also better. The shoes can be a PITA to lace up tight and the megafuse digs into my hands when I try to lace up. Annoying so far but not a deal breaker. The cushioning is definitely different on the XIIs. I love the heel zoom - it is similar to the XX8s/M10s, which is great. I find the XII heel zoom slightly better at absorbing impact so I like it touch better than the XX8 set up. The forefoot is not very responsive or springy, which is disappointing. I'd expect some of this since the zoom is bottom loaded. I'm hoping with more break in the forefoot cushioning gets better. If it doesn't get much better, then these go back to Nike and I'll buy some more XX8s on sale while I wait for the next great ball shoe.

The data pics I've looked at on ig are fire.... Can't explain it, it's like a gundam boot. The way the colors pop

My FTL still has the recalled pairs in the back. Homie said 3 CWs. HOL. NSRL && he didn't mention the other one. They haven't been shipped out yet so it's delaying our HOL release.

Anyone know the 3rd pair?
probably the datas....i know instagram has a lot of pics of peeps with those already.....didn't know that all the NSRL pair were shipped back here to memphis for them to be worked on...i learned alot of "interesting" info last nite but won't go into details...lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom