The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

After buying 11 colorways of the VI's, I have bought zero of the VII's. They are trizzash. The raised lines are terrible. I wish I had bought more of the V's.

court-4-23-12-45.jpg

looks familiar?
pimp.gif

need this colorway. Hope they release it. wouldn't want to spend a ton on ID.

Took some time to post some pics for you guys to get excited for this weekend...

Elite Aways w/ Kobe VI BHM Laces

In the beginning, I don't really feel the Homes, but after a lace swap.....they are 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 ...used my PDFS black laces

And finally....my favorite....Black on Black....honestly...the stock laces are really cheap and ugly

^^^thanks for the pics...

anyone order elites from sneakerhead within last few days get shipping conf yet? My order still says pending... Have a feeling I'm going to get cancelled
frown.gif

Originally Posted by onlitwo

Took some time to post some pics for you guys to get excited for this weekend...

Elite Aways w/ Kobe VI BHM Laces

In the beginning, I don't really feel the Homes, but after a lace swap.....they are 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 ...used my PDFS black laces

And finally....my favorite....Black on Black....honestly...the stock laces are really cheap and ugly
          nice p/u's man. black on black is my fav too. how do you feel about those gold flywire on the homes? seems like to throw off a lot of people. 
?

Personally, I like the Kobe 7s more then the 6s. My thinking is the 7s aren't doing well because Lebron 9s is a great shoe and the KDs had a break out year with the 4s. So if you compare the Kobe 7s to KD 4s and LBJ 9s, it often gets overlooked.

The Kobe 6s last year really didn't have much competition on the nike side, who was really buying KD 3s? And Lebron 8s were mediocre because most of the colorways were nothing special

People have to be selective what they buy now because 2012 is the most hyped up year for sneakers, the amount of shoes releasing all the time, including jordans.
Kobes just happens to be the sig this year where everyone will "wait until they go on sale" therefore sales are slow and everyone is prioritizing other shoes instead. I mean why pay retail when everyone else is waiting for prices to drop? If this mentality was adopted to LBJ 9s and Jordans, there would be no problems lol but unfortunately this mentality is mostly only on the Kobe line (aside from a few limited releases that sold well)

I been wearing my Kobe 7s a lot and they are actually very comfortable, more so then the 6s in terms of lock down and overall fit. I'll admit they feel stiff and like +!+! out the box but given the ample time to wear them, they are great. Also a lot of insole problems have turned ppl off but that can be fixed. Basically a flawless pair of Kobe 7s is a great shoe imo, I also never had any blister issues so there is nothing for me to dislike

I would take the Top 4 Kobe 7s on my list over Top 4 LBJ 9s or KD 4s, I don't need every colorway of the 7s to be great so I'm only comparing the Top 4 of each line, not the overall shoe. Overall shoe, Kobe 7s are the worse because of bad colorways but like I said, I don't need every color so I'm happy with the Top 4 >>> LBJ 9s, KD 4s

(no elites included)

Cloaks 7s
ROTD 7s
Galaxy 7s
Cheetah 7s

>>>>>

China 9s
Cannon 9s
Miami Night 9s
Galaxy 9s

>>>>>

Nerf 4s (unrealistic cop though)
Weatherman 4s (semi unrealistic as well)
Galaxy 4s
Xmas 4s

I actually don't mind the original laces the away elites come with. In fact, I like it the way it is. Gold accents on the laces give it a nice touch.

Have you guys tried your pairs on? How does it feel compared to the regular VII's, or even the previous Kobe's in terms of comfort?

I think I might eventually get the dukes

The elites don't do it for me, especially for $200. They're so boring.

I still really want the Paul George 7 PEs, i think there a lot better than the Michigan VI's

but yea ID prices are outrageous and especially if the quality isn't as good as some people have said about them

Originally Posted by s dubl

^^^thanks for the pics...

anyone order elites from sneakerhead within last few days get shipping conf yet? My order still says pending... Have a feeling I'm going to get cancelled
frown.gif
just got my shipping confirm last night.... 
happy.gif

the gold flywire on the homes are definitely unattractive....i seriously dont understand why nike did that

I just got my Elites "Away" in yesterday. I personally like the stock laces. They do feel a little different than most of the laces in this series but I'm guessing that's due to the change in materials.
They fit great and a slight noticeable difference on the weight. I don't know that I would rock them with white socks like the above pic.

Originally Posted by gameupz

Personally, I like the Kobe 7s more then the 6s. My thinking is the 7s aren't doing well because Lebron 9s is a great shoe and the KDs had a break out year with the 4s. So if you compare the Kobe 7s to KD 4s and LBJ 9s, it often gets overlooked.

The Kobe 6s last year really didn't have much competition on the nike side, who was really buying KD 3s? And Lebron 8s were mediocre because most of the colorways were nothing special

People have to be selective what they buy now because 2012 is the most hyped up year for sneakers, the amount of shoes releasing all the time, including jordans.
Kobes just happens to be the sig this year where everyone will "wait until they go on sale" therefore sales are slow and everyone is prioritizing other shoes instead. I mean why pay retail when everyone else is waiting for prices to drop? If this mentality was adopted to LBJ 9s and Jordans, there would be no problems lol but unfortunately this mentality is mostly only on the Kobe line (aside from a few limited releases that sold well)

I been wearing my Kobe 7s a lot and they are actually very comfortable, more so then the 6s in terms of lock down and overall fit. I'll admit they feel stiff and like +!+! out the box but given the ample time to wear them, they are great. Also a lot of insole problems have turned ppl off but that can be fixed. Basically a flawless pair of Kobe 7s is a great shoe imo, I also never had any blister issues so there is nothing for me to dislike
Yeah, but the whole reason why people are waiting for the Kobes to go on sale is because many of the colorways have been kind of weak and uninspired. I mean it says something about the progression or lack thereof within the Kobe line if they are releasing a limited amount of colorways and half of them are hitting sale racks. I was hoping for a really nice, well executed colorway before they started producing the Elites, but no such luck I guess. 

Originally Posted by lewi1913

Originally Posted by LA KB24

whatever happen to this shoe??? and the black/volts

29v0383.png
I bet Nike scrapped a bunch of colors because of poor sales #s. Last year, nearly every early color was selling well...

I hope Nike didn't decide to scrap these...Would rather pay $140 for this pair than $200 for a pair of Elites.

^nope the white sole is exactly where it should be.

onlitwo, I'll take the stock black laces off your hands! lol

Tdogg2k, Pretty sure Paul Georges' are iDs like everybody else.

^Agreed. I like the subtle contrast and the fact that it's not a complete white sole judging from the other shoe...

For me personally profilewise im still liking the kobes > brons and kds this season 's models although i have to agree colorwise they both have better ones over the kobes..

Back
Top Bottom