The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

i love the elites for the simple fact they remind me of the 6s, the homes with lace swap looks clean
im still leaning towards aways if i can snag a pair, luckly i know a few spots that kobes dnt sell out
whats the release on the elites???

Originally Posted by Swaynomics

i love the elites for the simple fact they remind me of the 6s, the homes with lace swap looks clean
im still leaning towards aways if i can snag a pair, luckly i know a few spots that kobes dnt sell out
whats the release on the elites???

4/28 but a few sites have been releasing them early.

sup guys! i like the dukes more than the aces but both are clean cw of the vii's. i hope they wont scratch the orange vii. w no yotd and orange vii, nike has been making wrong decisions.

Originally Posted by Swaynomics

as release i mean GR or limited, i heard GR??

Gonna be GR. But somewhere there a limited is hanging.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dark Steel

Originally Posted by lewi1913

Originally Posted by LA KB24

whatever happen to this shoe??? and the black/volts

29v0383.png
I bet Nike scrapped a bunch of colors because of poor sales #s. Last year, nearly every early color was selling well...

I hope Nike didn't decide to scrap these... Would rather pay $140 for this pair than $200 for a pair of Elites.
I don't know what makes them decide which colorways to release, and which one's to hold back. They could have easily sold the YOTD's, and these Oranges instead of the other GR CW's. I'm pretty sure sales wouldn't have been disappointing, or people waiting for them to go on discount.

Originally Posted by PB3

I just got my Elites "Away" in yesterday. I personally like the stock laces. They do feel a little different than most of the laces in this series but I'm guessing that's due to the change in materials.
They fit great and a slight noticeable difference on the weight. I don't know that I would rock them with white socks like the above pic.
Laces on the Elite series are made from kevlar, so there is less stretch than the standard laces.

They didnt even do the vii right by i.d.'s. Such !@@* options. I havent looked foward to the next model so quickly in a long time. Bring the Viii on already.

I think it really comes down to their CW choices. The only CW that really gained any interest from me was the Wolfs.

Originally Posted by alexanderfasto

Originally Posted by s dubl

^^^thanks for the pics...

anyone order elites from sneakerhead within last few days get shipping conf yet? My order still says pending... Have a feeling I'm going to get cancelled
frown.gif
just got my shipping confirm last night.... 
happy.gif
just called and they said mine scheduled to go out today... was getting worrid they might cancel
laugh.gif

thanks for the heads up man!

Originally Posted by jecca650

The kobe elites are so underwhelming compared to the Lebrons imo.

This. Was thinking about getting the kobes aways but decided to go with lebrons both home and away.

Originally Posted by KyrieIrving

About to get a pair of the Concords online. I wear a size 10.5 in the Vs and VIs. Is 10.5 good for the VIIs?

alot have been upsizing either half or a full sz up. im an 11 in V's and VI's, but i like the fit of 11.5 in VII's. they're snug in the midsole area, totaly different from the V and VI. best bet is to try a pair instore. i heard concords have reached the outlet stores.

Originally Posted by jst628

whole lot of new iD options... WHY SO LATE NIKE?

Better late than never and I hope they add more by summer time. The ID options are now actually very decent. You got remember that if these are anything like the V and VI ID's, they'll be up till next March...Almost a year from now.

Originally Posted by gameupz

I would take the Top 4 Kobe 7s on my list over Top 4 LBJ 9s or KD 4s, I don't need every colorway of the 7s to be great so I'm only comparing the Top 4 of each line, not the overall shoe. Overall shoe, Kobe 7s are the worse because of bad colorways but like I said, I don't need every color so I'm happy with the Top 4 >>> LBJ 9s, KD 4s

(no elites included)

Cloaks 7s
ROTD 7s
Galaxy 7s
Cheetah 7s

>>>>>

China 9s
Cannon 9s
Miami Night 9s
Galaxy 9s

>>>>>

Nerf 4s (unrealistic cop though)
Weatherman 4s (semi unrealistic as well)
Galaxy 4s
Xmas 4s
Agreed the top 4 kobe colorways are the best colorways out of the three sig shoes, for as many colorways as the 9 had they were all one color boring colorways, kds were highly overrated for the most part most of the gr's had better colorblocking then the limited colorways. And as far as the 7's not doing so well i think its large part due to the 7's not having loud colorways like the 9's or mega limited like the kds, as well as the lebron line being one of the most hyped lines. 

Originally Posted by oathlok

Originally Posted by gameupz

I would take the Top 4 Kobe 7s on my list over Top 4 LBJ 9s or KD 4s, I don't need every colorway of the 7s to be great so I'm only comparing the Top 4 of each line, not the overall shoe. Overall shoe, Kobe 7s are the worse because of bad colorways but like I said, I don't need every color so I'm happy with the Top 4 >>> LBJ 9s, KD 4s

(no elites included)

Cloaks 7s
ROTD 7s
Galaxy 7s
Cheetah 7s

>>>>>

China 9s
Cannon 9s
Miami Night 9s
Galaxy 9s

>>>>>

Nerf 4s (unrealistic cop though)
Weatherman 4s (semi unrealistic as well)
Galaxy 4s
Xmas 4s
Agreed the top 4 kobe colorways are the best colorways out of the three sig shoes, for as many colorways as the 9 had they were all one color boring colorways, kds were highly overrated for the most part most of the gr's had better colorblocking then the limited colorways. And as far as the 7's not doing so well i think its large part due to the 7's not having loud colorways like the 9's or mega limited like the kds, as well as the lebron line being one of the most hyped lines. 

Can't say I agree with the top 4 Kobes being definitively better than the top 4 Lebrons/KDs this year, and I've always been more of a Kobe guy when it comes to both the shoes and the player. I really like the Cloaks and Dragons, but it's a giant dropoff for me after those two overall in terms of the VII's colorways. The KDs and Lebrons just really brought it this year in terms of having great colorblocking, and I can't say the same for too many of the Kobes, though I think a big part of it has to do with how it's just a one piece upper, like someone mentioned before, unlike the Lebrons and KDs. Off of just that reason, there's just more color combos you can put together for the other two sigs. I know the VIs were also a one piece upper, but the Lebrons and KDs last year generally did not have as many great colorways as they do this year. It's not that the VIIs are that bad, just that the Lebrons and KDs this year, at least in terms of colorways, are much better than last year.
I think the VIIs had to rely more on a patterned look on the upper for some of the limited/exclusive colorways (Cheetahs, Galaxies, Sharks, etc) to be more unique, which wasn't a great look IMO because the upper already had that special Kobe pattern ingrained into it. The Sharks were decent, but the Cheetahs and Galaxies both just had too much going on for my tastes, though I know some other people loved all those colorways. 
It's just a preference thing at the end of the day. If you like the patterned/multi-color look, that's great, but if I'm buying a shoe with a loud look, I'd rather have the one with mainly one loud color with some hits here and there than something with crazy patterns or a big mix of things on the majority of the shoe.

I'm not buying the whole one piece upper excuse.

That's BS if that's Nike's reason for not putting out colorways.

Give me the chance at making colorways and I guarantee I can do a better job at color blocking than whoever designed most of these. The same can be said for most the people in this thread if they had the chance.

man those pictures of the elites are nice
pimp.gif
im liking the "homes" alot

i wonder if kobe is really going to wear just those 2 cws throughout the playoffs? like no PEs or anything just elites

Back
Top Bottom