The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Kobe is not even wearing the ELites today! look like a white version with a black heel and black nike check

thanks for the post man. interesting read. besides the execution on the CF, i have nothing bad against the elites. but the gold speckles would've been nice. kobe deserves gold speckles than lebron. lol

Originally Posted by onlitwo

Kobe is not even wearing the ELites today! look like a white version with a black heel and black nike check
I believe he is wearing the white elites but with no gold accents, as Nike isn't letting anyone wear the gold accents until it's appropriate in the Finals. 

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Originally Posted by micon111

Originally Posted by thapointguy

If one shoe is seamless and the other isn't then the CF cracked. The CF is thin, it's the clear coating that makes it look substantial.

If you think the $200 was the main reason resellers stayed away, you're wrong. If they weren't your basic white/black and gold shoe they would've been eaten up. Yes the Big Stages were also those colors but they had "history" to them. It was a bad timing to market these gold Elites. Should've done Laker colors that he's going to wear in the Playoffs and if the Lakers were to make the Finals release the gold pairs, winning it all or not.

^^ good point but nike knew what it was doing. what if the lakers won't make the finals? w this, they played it safe rather than release a cw for the finals w no lakers on it. that won't sell much. or worse, won't release at all.  i can see this happening w the KD line perhaps if they make it in the finals. 

The Laker colors would sell far better imo. If they make it to the Finals, winning or not, that's a bonus. We get the gold Elites. Nike doesn't have anything to lose by going that route. I guess they were pushing the Elite series and not focusing on the Kobe VII.
tired.gif
          i agree on pushing the elite series and not focusing on the Kobe vii. they've left a lot of good cw's for the 7's (YOTD and bright orange) imo. and changed the 7 mostly for the elite series as validated by the post above.

If they're still around next week...I might get aways purely to ball in. Thanks for the article, great read!

-Pete

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

I believe he is wearing the white elites but with no gold accents, as Nike isn't letting anyone wear the gold accents until it's appropriate in the Finals. 

It's not Nike. Those are the NBA rules.

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

how so? NBA doesn't let players wear Gold until they get to the Finals???

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

how so? NBA doesn't let players wear Gold until they get to the Finals???

I believe it doesn't conform to the NBA uniform rule. It is because of the NBA though, not Nike.

NBA doesn't allow them to wear the gold until the Finals but they don't have a problem with Ty Lawson wearing the Mango Lebrons. The NBA is never consistent.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom