The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Originally Posted by JAYFLY87

Any news on the Kobe 8's?

i'm waiting for the news too since i'm done with the VII, really not feeling the system, and hate the VII have two hole at the back, make it can't wear it at the raining day
mad.gif

when you make a shoe so expensive, give us crappy ID options and make the shoe bland compared to the other models.. this will happen

i hope nike went back to the drawing board with the 8s. no more one piece upper. if they wanna do that, then at least give us more options instead of camo, cheetah print or gradient. gets boring fast.

the zk5 had more material than the zk7, yet the zk7 are heavier? i dont get it.

give us the zk4/5 colour blocking back, and stop charging so damn much for IDs.. smh

Copped the del sols from footaction yesterday for 99. They weren't on sale there but my malls footlocker had a size 8.5 left marked down to 99 so they price matched it. Balled in them last night too for half the game they felt great with the play strong insert definitely can't wait for them to be broken in. Sucks that there's an air bubble in the play fast inserts tho. Tried pushing it out but wouldn't do anything. Guess I could just poke a hole in it to let the air out?

Originally Posted by jdm free

Copped the del sols from footaction yesterday for 99. They weren't on sale there but my malls footlocker had a size 8.5 left marked down to 99 so they price matched it. Balled in them last night too for half the game they felt great with the play strong insert definitely can't wait for them to be broken in. Sucks that there's an air bubble in the play fast inserts tho. Tried pushing it out but wouldn't do anything. Guess I could just poke a hole in it to let the air out?
just pull the insole (felt part) off around the bubble and then lay it back down and the bubble will be gone.

Where would you guys rank the VII's among all of the Kobe numbered models?

My mind changes a lot, but I'd rank them as follows:

Kobe V > Kobe IV > Kobe VI > Kobe II > Kobe I > Kobe VII > Kobe III

And I love the Kobe III's, but the colors just weren't there and I feel the same way about the VII's. Had the VII's gotten the Kobe IV, V, or VI colorway treatment I'd probably rank them ahead of behind the VI's depending on how many good colors release. Too bad it didn't end up that way.
edit

My list is based mostly on looks, especially since I loved the Kobe I's to ball in so they would be ranked higher if I went strictly on performance.

V>VI>IV>I=VII>II>III for me overall.

Even though plenty of people haven't been a fan of the VII, I personally still think they're pretty nice, mainly just got done in by the lack of good colorways compared to the IV-VI, which people expect nowadays for every new sig of Kobe/Lebron/KD. As a shoe itself, I like how they have the increased support/cushioning around the ankle collar compared to the Vs and VIs, and fit wise I haven't had any issues after relacing them. The biggest disappointment for me was just that they didn't improve on the on-court performance of the Kobe line with the VIIs, and having the "system" instead of going with a traditional midsole was the main reason why. But if you're not playing in them (and honestly a LOT of people who buy bball sigs these days don't), they're still a great shoe and arguably have better support/cushioning than most of the other Kobe sigs (only problem is it doesn't really translate to the court). Made it a tie between the Is and VIIs because I like the Is better as a performance shoe, but I prefer the looks and colorways of the VIIs.

^ I think $200 is too steep. You can get them with a discount on eastbay. Looks like the YOTD's aren't dropping in the US. Glad I copped em from kicks-crew.

Originally Posted by airjordan23z

Debating on Kobe elites? Is it worth the extra money? 200 is steep..
worth the money? depends on the person. either way they are readily available in-store and online, so wait for a price cut or for sizes to start disappearing.

Originally Posted by BlackedoutUnicorn

Originally Posted by trunkz550

^ I think $200 is too steep. You can get them with a discount on eastbay. Looks like the YOTD's are dropping in the US. Glad I copped em from kicks-crew.

SAY WHA........
My bad I'm meant they aren't dropping in the US. lol Time to edit.

Originally Posted by BlackedoutUnicorn

^ I think $200 is too steep. You can get them with a discount on eastbay. Looks like the YOTD's are dropping in the US. Glad I copped em from kicks-crew.

SAY WHA........
My bad I'm meant they aren't dropping in the US. lol Time to edit.
you had me wondering.. I need those YOTD's.. after that, I'm done with VII's..might cop elites if price is good enough.. on another note, does anyone want to get rid of their barcelona's?

How good do sharks look in person? I'm thinking of trading for them but I don't want to be disappointed. Is the colour all dull and washed out or is it vibrant and bright? Some pictures I see make 'em look great and other pictures they look kind of bland..

sharks are subtle. not vibrant and bright. Just check them out in person and make the decision. They actually look pretty decent, like looking through water at the beach. 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by igniteandexcitee

How good do sharks look in person? I'm thinking of trading for them but I don't want to be disappointed. Is the colour all dull and washed out or is it vibrant and bright? Some pictures I see make 'em look great and other pictures they look kind of bland..

they're weak bro. people were just hyping them up because they thought they were going to be limited.

Back
Top Bottom