The Official NT Beat Thread Vol.2..-~-..-~-.Dope Beats Only!

Glad you could zone to them, Time...
laugh.gif
Good looks on the link, though.. Didn't realize that was !*+@!% up.

King.. You know I always appreciate your comments. Like I said in that PM, I'd rather get genuine feedback than the majority of stuff I get from friends,which is always along the lines of "This is cool." I went back and listened to all of the ones you commented on, and tried to see what you weretalkin' about and where I could improve. Good stuff. You got anything of yours we can all check out?

Also, TIME... I'm listening to your newest "Sunshine" track right now. This vocal sample is craaaack. Congas and such are on point, too. Basslineand flute sounding instrument are also jazzy...
pimp.gif
Feelin' this one for sure... Nice work. I shot you a message on AIM, but you're not there at themoment. I'm down for some collabing.

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

Glad you could zone to them, Time...
laugh.gif
Good looks on the link, though.. Didn't realize that was !*+@!% up.

King.. You know I always appreciate your comments. Like I said in that PM, I'd rather get genuine feedback than the majority of stuff I get from friends, which is always along the lines of "This is cool." I went back and listened to all of the ones you commented on, and tried to see what you were talkin' about and where I could improve. Good stuff. You got anything of yours we can all check out?

Also, TIME... I'm listening to your newest "Sunshine" track right now. This vocal sample is craaaack. Congas and such are on point, too. Bassline and flute sounding instrument are also jazzy...
pimp.gif
Feelin' this one for sure... Nice work. I shot you a message on AIM, but you're not there at the moment. I'm down for some collabing.

My other cpu crashed so I'm trying to recover over 200 joints
smh.gif
I useto mostly use samples. I'll hook up a few joints this weekend and post them.

shocked aint on there unless u uppin it now

terror is umm... a good start... sounds incomplete... ewwww @ those string stabs... replace those... or somethin...

music please... id say scrap the melody... drums is cool tho...

times up is aight... u just need to make melodies more... ull get it...

i got 2 new ones up...

www.soundclick.com/timefrom216

"Runnin The Game"
"You Make The Sunshine"

I'm reloading Shocked thanks for feedback

"Running The Streets"

Not feeling the flute, might sound alot better with another instrument in it's place
Good sample but go back to the solid bass lines you usually do

"You Make The Sunshine"

Solid sample
Too bass heavy, Sample should be louder on the main part
Harder snare

i see u got shocked up...

ahhh well u missed ur chance for a review on that one...

j/k

this is pretty catchy... id say drop the piano as its clashin... replace it wit somethin else... different notes... come wit another synth... give it a simplesilly type melody and this could b on some missy dance track type $@$*...

http://www.soundclick.com/timefrom216

got a new one up

"Nowhere 2 Go"

i just did something for the first time ever... i flipped a sample into 3 different beats... the top 3 on my page actually...
smile.gif

Props on the feedback Time, I'm usually a sample producer I'm trying to do more non-sample beats for now.

"Nowhere 2 Go"

Real good bassline, loving the rolling drums
Good sample, good sound levels on all the sounds.
Nice little orchestra effect

Good work

--PUSHA
I Was Wrong. It's got almost a pop genre feel. Like that one republic song they play all the damn time. lol. Its cool, the strings to me tho areplayed.
The Reaper. The same thing, that buzz/strings whatever is too played. You def know chord progression and stuff but thesounds are od.
Temptations. Def. my favorite. Good melody, good drums. I like it. Just anoverall thing, Id vary the tempos more. Good stuff tho, dont wanna sound like an $%!.
--KingofVA
Terror. Too simple, the melody needs something else, and the stabs just aint workin for me
ohwell.gif
Music Please. Idk if you're sample or not but its seems like the stabs or chops or notes (lol) are to repetitive.
Times Up. I like this one, simple but it has a nice melody and the drums are solid. A. Keys
pimp.gif
Def. wanna hear your sampled stuff.
--TIME
Nowhere 2 Go. Dope, I like the sample (or w/e) mixed w/ the bass and organ (?). Solid.
Running the Streets. You mash the sample and composed stuff real well. I like your style. *Hats off. The snare is ill.

Here goes something for my brother, he's not really a rapper. I aint much of a producer but, it's just some fun *$%.
Life.

back from banned camp..have a couple new beats i would like feedback from..i hope my NT brothers and sisters can come thru..i will give feedback after i wakeup in the morning of beats on the last page

Everybody Hurts (remake)

Choir Practice

Popito

Horns Horns and more Horns

Mayor:
Everybody Hurts - This one is cool, not really feelin the build, and the chops are a bit too staccato. i would add maybe some simple instrumentation over it,and either lengthen your chops, or throw some reverd and delay on em to fill in a little bit of the empty space.

Choir Practice - This one is cool, again i think your chops are pretty repetetive. drums are nice though. Would be sick a little more fully developed.

Popito: IM really feelin this, the chops and the drums as real nice. Its a bit hard to picture an mcee over this tho, not sure if thats what you are going foror not, but its pretty busy and pretty fast if thats what you are thinking.

Horns Horns and more Horns - This is pretty sick too. Im really feelin your drums on all of these, real nice. the chops on this one are cool, esp feelin thebreak to piano after a minute or so. might add a few more things to this one too, bass, maybe organ or somethin.

Overall, these feel just a little but underdeveloped to me. I would add a few more instruments, esp bass in a few, just to fill them out more. BUt your drumsare real nice in all of em. Hope that helps.

My latest beat:

IYE2
damn. for someone whos not really a producer you sure can put a beat together..that life beat is bananas and i got a Dilla/alchemist feel to it.beat soundsprofessional also..what do you use?

Plan Beats
ehh i dont know you..but ive been following your beats for a minute. you indeed go out of ya alley with this beat(Nightcap) i LOVE the beat at 1:00 on thebreak and the other drop around 2:00..you always find a way to make each beat sound unique makes me wonder how you you spend on 1 beat

StackKerouac
Dilla reincarnated still making beats and posting on NT?..
eek.gif
..i swear thisbeat could've been on donuts
pimp.gif
...nice and simple...

and yes..i need to work on my beats..i know i can make heat if i just know exactly what to do..
tired.gif

I refined the beat Witness, but I can't listen to music at work, and I�don't have headphones, soI can't listen to you guys stuff right now.

I'll be back later with detailed feedback, as always.

bT*xJmx*PTEyMDk*ODc5MjQ*NzQmcHQ9MTIwOTQ4NzkzMTc4NCZwPTE1ODM2MSZkPSZuPSZnPTE=.jpg

^Beat is cool, a little bit to percussive for me. Only thing is that bongo sounds too stiff, the roll is too perfect for the rest of the drums. The drums arereal nice, but the other instruments are a bit weak and underdeveloped to me. You mention timbo on your page, and i definitely got that vibe. The only thing isthat timbaland has a gift for instrumentation, and his horns etc are allways important in the track. I think you have your drums down, but i would work ongetting your instrumentation to be a little more complex, deeper, and more realistic. Listen to some al hirt or something haha. Even though the drums are sickin these, the instrumentation is pretty weak to me, and it could be some sickness.

I hope i didnt offend you, didnt mean any disrespect, just wanted to let you know my opinion and give you some constructive criticism. Sorry if it sounded tooharsh.

^ haha ok maybe i went a little overboard on the apology, but people take me too seriously sometimes. The way i see it, a million people telling you your beatis hot wont make you any better, but one person who tells you where it needs work can change everything.

For example, mayor told me that my beat sounded like a dilla beat... not sure whether he meant it as a compliment or not, but to me that was a big eye opener.I finally realized that i dont want to sound like anyone else, and that sounding like dilla, or premo, or timbaland, is never a good thing. no matter how illyou are, originality should be one of your biggest goals. I think im gonna stop listening to hip hop or something haha. thanks mayor...

^ur right... thats why i was laughin at the apology... u cant ask for crit and b scared of it being too harsh... as long as u not a flat out a hole (like me attimes
laugh.gif
) they should understand that u just tryin to help...

once my mom gets back wit my burger king and shells (what the..?? i kno right) imma review all the %%*% that i aint get to yet...

just a couple crits and a couple new ones....

mayor:
you're showing a lot of improvement man! your stuff is starting to get listenable. i think these tracks espsecially horns, horns hold their own againstsome peoples. you have to work on finishing up beats... most of these feel like theyre great ideas, but only about 60-75% there. keep it up though. try somenew instruments. just do more experimenting.

stack---
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.... all i gotta say. keep it up.

As for my new stuff----------
2 new tracks. first one is a basic juice-type space-age track, second is a faster track that i did w my new axiom 49, has a sort of rnb feel, might still needsome work.... "Straight From the Carton" and "Stationary"

Plan you should get in touch with Sage Francis lol i like how the kick on the Nightcap sounds like a heart is beating...i can't even fathom how to pull offa beat like that thats my favorite out of all the ones u put up.

Stack i like how your vocal samp isn't perfectly quantized it gives it a more realistic swing,sound/lift...the chops are amazing..but how did i know youwas gonna put a filter on so the song doesn't get boring lol..Its okay though it only adds dynamics to a track. I came back in here 3 times to listen to itand the third time i realized the track really needs a rapper to spit on it ...the beat by itself just doesn't have the weight to be called a bangin beatjust like i wouldn't consider Hell Rell Ft. Juelz- Uhh Ahh a hot beat if someone wouldn't have spit over it. Sometimes a rapper makes or breaks thebeat.

4/5

Juice i love straight from the carton more than i like stationary....Straight from the carton is memorable beat..had it lingering in my head all day..Yourstyle is like a more rustic Michael Andrews.. I really dig it .. dont have anything bad to say or what would make the track better cuz im not that good atcomposing.

Put some old songs up on my myspace click sig for link.

Originally Posted by StackKerouac

Mayor:
Everybody Hurts - This one is cool, not really feelin the build, and the chops are a bit too staccato. i would add maybe some simple instrumentation over it, and either lengthen your chops, or throw some reverd and delay on em to fill in a little bit of the empty space.

Choir Practice - This one is cool, again i think your chops are pretty repetetive. drums are nice though. Would be sick a little more fully developed.

Popito: IM really feelin this, the chops and the drums as real nice. Its a bit hard to picture an mcee over this tho, not sure if thats what you are going for or not, but its pretty busy and pretty fast if thats what you are thinking.

Horns Horns and more Horns - This is pretty sick too. Im really feelin your drums on all of these, real nice. the chops on this one are cool, esp feelin the break to piano after a minute or so. might add a few more things to this one too, bass, maybe organ or somethin.

Overall, these feel just a little but underdeveloped to me. I would add a few more instruments, esp bass in a few, just to fill them out more. BUt your drums are real nice in all of em. Hope that helps.

My latest beat:

�Nice smooth backup style beat. Nice solid drums, good clean snare, nice atmosphere. Good use of the sample, maybe throw in another sample to switch it up.

I listened to

"Running The Streets" again

Damn that joint grew on me Time, at first I wasn't feeling it heavy now for some reason I'm loving it.

The sample is just ace, amazing job with the way you flipped that joint. I had to just start rhyming while listening to it. I would buy that joint if I had adeal.

Plan--Nightcap still sounds like its your sound. Ya know? You have a real distinct sound, it comes out in this aswell.
Lessons is real chill, I like the drum pattern a lot. It's not the same ol, same ol.

Mayor--Choir Practice. It really sounds like one of my very 1st beats. I think you need to take out more of the song to sample, and its ok to just ride a loop.I know a lot of ppl get caught up on chopping for the sake of chopping..just do what sounds hot.
Popito--same thing. It seems like you're still trying to find your 'sound'. Keep working on it.
Horns-I would've kept the intro how is was, looped it, and put a break on it. Dont be afraid to loop.

Back
Top Bottom