The Official NT Beat Thread Vol.2..-~-..-~-.Dope Beats Only!

pay jape wrote:

http://www.imeem.com/people/DXC2PXn/music/kFY0-tLG/universal_branches_imsomniac/Imsomniac - Universal Branches
heres a track off my soon to be released beat tape.."universal branches"

�� THIS BEAT IS ILL....
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ cats sampling everything under the sun. They sound straight tho. Ihaven't been/posted in here a while. I'll be back to blow this *%%+@ up.

Keep up the good work to some of ya'll. You know who you are
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NothingBefore

something old i did ...nobody ever wanted to touch this record when i was shopping it cause it was too " strange "
laugh.gif

i love it tho

feb.23.mp3 - 5.35MB

more like some justin timberlake should sing over

This is hott...
pimp.gif
could use a little polishing but it sounds good

Nothin Before - Speed Runner is cool. To Be honest I can't hear anyone spittin on this, but it would be a dope #!* intro. I like that bassline tho 7/10

Jape - The Universal joint is pretty smooth, the song practically would write itself which is a plus. This is really dope. I wish I could sample a little moretediously like that. 8/10

Meloman - The nasty track is very lacking, tbh. I see where you were tryna go tho. Beef them drums up and take hold of a track. Always try to get that"
sick.gif
sick.gif
" expression. I like the change ups tho. I give it a 6/10

Mca - Ehh.Didn't like the beg very much. But it turned it to something pretty ok. 6.5/10

Aight, its been a while. Here's some issh, I'm shoppin. Feedback from NT is always fun.

BAD BOY - Joint I made yesterday for a male R&B group maybe. Sounds like some Day 26 !@* tome, I dunno.

Crash - Probably gonna make this an interlude or something. I like the vibe tho.

I Gotta Go - Crossin my fingers on this one. After I bring it to the spot to get it fully mixed,you may be hearing your favorite or least favorite artist on this.

Hype...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"I Gotta Go" sounds awesome. Lovin' those pads and harps. But somethin' about the synth, it sounds off tempo orsomethin'. It's not bad, it's just that the melody goes in a different direction than my brain had assumed, as it played out. It's like notescome in sooner than they should.

"Crash" is very dope, too. For some reason, I could see someone like Outkast or Lupe actually spittin' on this. Sounds like anintro more than an interlude.

"Bad Boy" is sweet, too. Those pizzicato strings are real nice. I want them...
laugh.gif
Nice laid back feel with this one. That choruspad is dope, too. Sounds Danja-like. It does sound like a R&B group could make this into a smooth groove track that would have me vibin'...
laugh.gif

My favorite is "I Gotta Go," though. Nice work.

I swear it's been like a month and I STILL haven't got a shred of feedback.....if it's trash it's trash but let me know something geez!

Originally Posted by JsindaA

I swear it's been like a month and I STILL haven't got a shred of feedback.....if it's trash it's trash but let me know something geez!
Went to your MySpace page. "Why You Limpin" isn't that bad, actually. Sounds familiar, though, like I've heard it somewhere.Have you posted this on NT or somethin'? Sounds like a Drumma Boy beat, too... which isn't a bad thing at all. I like the swagger flow on this. Samegoes for "I'm Clean." "Heat Deafinition 1" sounds Cool N Dre-like. I like your layering, while staying melodic.

Beats are official. What part do you play in this group?

Pusha - Thanks for the love homey, the "Mean Girl" is definitely your style. I like that bright brassy lead in the back for the chorus and thatsynth bell pattern that comes in the hook.
eek.gif
At that breakdown I'mhearin right now! Arpegiattor? The only thing is (I don't know if its the PC speakers) but the drums could go a lil harder (Well maybe that wasn't youraim lol) Whats up with Divshare and the download option though? You want that? I think mine still has it on even though I turned it off. But yea 8/10 good job.

RhymeSik - Check your PM

JsInTheA - Co-sign that Drumma Boy comment. Thats sick but "Why You Limpin" sounds too like "Umma Do Me." The choir pad sounds a littleannoying after a while. What do you use, BTW? 7/10

Thanks finally! Drumma Boy???
embarassed.gif
Thanks...actually that beat wassubmitted for a remix to why you limpin..obviously didn't go through so that would explain the likeness. Uh I'm like the bass/lead synthguy....sometimes I just put it together. And we use a triton 88 key, fruity loops, midi controller, and pro tools

I gotta Go is so ill. i see u slaggin that mr. gale too.

Jooks alley is great too sounds like some nas %%@.

Mean girl would be perfect for nelly furtado

Stack that 008 beat goes so hard..makin me want to go diggin and isht

Been peepin some pages lately, theres good music still up in here
smokin.gif
.Anyways got a new joint, well several on my page i havnt posted on here yet.
and of course ill be back in here to give some feedback.
Newest track: Livin' A Movie Life

^ I Love how you make a sense of concept and progression out of a sample instead of just loopin it. Somethin i aint got the noodles for. props.

checked out everyones tracks.
i dunno what happened or what u did but yo G-14 the stuff on your page is pretty nice. i thought you were someone else and i never really took that chance tolistin to your stuff cause i thought it sucked per comments posted on the board by someone, heck they may not have been talkin about you. but the tracks isfetti. like every beat is something that i would bump when i had my subs. the vibe you give off theses is like some jezzy/slimthug/lloyd banks type beats justgutta soundin.

Originally Posted by ps2child

checked out everyones tracks.
i dunno what happened or what u did but yo G-14 the stuff on your page is pretty nice. i thought you were someone else and i never really took that chance to listin to your stuff cause i thought it sucked per comments posted on the board by someone, heck they may not have been talkin about you. but the tracks is fetti. like every beat is something that i would bump when i had my subs. the vibe you give off theses is like some jezzy/slimthug/lloyd banks type beats just gutta soundin.
GL's Yeah on the battle niketalkers was hating but it doesn't phase me i know for myself what I can do
you stuff is hot also
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom