The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2014 Spurs had one of the most beautiful motion offenses we’ve ever seen. 2 years later, same coach and all, the 2016 Spurs were iso heavy.

When you’re dealing with superstars, they’re gonna do what they’re gonna do. KD & Kyrie are going to play 1on1, that’s the “system” under any coach.
It's part of the reason KD left GSW as well.

106739491-1602470759981-gettyimages-1279730544-_dd23809_20201011102758449.jpeg
That's the closest i can think of. 2016 as well. Ad was unmatched in 2020. LeBron low key is a system himself the ball still moves everyone on the floor is still a threat. KD is not LeBron. I don't see him winning it all playing my turn your turn but guess u never know.

Another thing about folks posting everything on the Gram….personally I never liked it from an in-person conversational standpoint. By that I mean, yes, it is a way “keep up” with folks but to me that kind of makes it weird when you see them because the “Hey, omg I haven’t seen you in so long! What have you been up to?!?” disingenuous because you already know they got a new job, moved, went on vacation to the Bahamas, had a kid, got a new car and bought a house because you already saw it on the Gram.

So what is there really to talk about since you actually already know what they have been up to :lol: It may partially be because I am a private person but I have always operated under the guise that if I or one of my friends does something of note that I would share it with them via text rather than a wide broadcast on IG. It’s like finding out you got traded through SportsCenter rather than the front office :lol: And again, I understand you can do both (Front office then SportsCenter), I’d just rather keep it internal

Thats kind of one of my biggest gripes with social media. Ive deactivated my FB and IG so Im in the dark for a lot of peoples lives. I look at it like if I really rock with you we will communicate via Facetime/Phone call/Text and it really help me weed out a lot of unnecessary people. When I was on these sites what I couldnt stand was when people would reference their social media in an in person conversation. We can be talkin face to face and a mf will be like "aw you didnt see me post xyz?" Or if I ask a question like what they were up too I get hit with the "aw yeah I just got back from Tulum you didnt see my stories?"....Im like nawwww....I know a lot of people and I really aint tryna tap through hundreds of folks stories/reels/posts just to keep up with their day to day happenings. I really just link up with folks at a bar or restaurant and let them fill me in on whats goin on. With Work, My Wife, and My child I dont have the time or desire to want to know what everyone else got goin on....I got enough **** of my own to keep up with lol

That's the closest i can think of. 2016 as well. Ad was unmatched in 2020. LeBron low key is a system himself the ball still moves everyone on the floor is still a threat. KD is not LeBron. I don't see him winning it all playing my turn your turn but guess u never know.
Nets offense was good enough. You can keep it very simple when you have superstars, one of them being a 7 footer who can do everything.

But the Celtics had a 122 offensive rating for the series.

That’s why Brooklyn never had a chance.

You’re talking about handing over millions of dollars to a guy with a shaky schedule. More than spilled milk. I’m Team Player but the nets gotta protect themselves. Can’t have anything close to a repeat of the last 2 years with a guy that just turned 30

My exact thoughts. The guy is talented as hell, but he’s a headcase. Might not be a team cancer in terms of clashing with teammates. But there’s always some type of nonsense with him. And you can’t rely on him to play consistently. He gets hurt a lot, you don’t know if he’ll get in his feelings about something and go mia for a few games at some point.

I don’t blame the Nets if they ended up getting tired of his ****. Even without all the vaccine stuff, he missed a bunch of games for the Nets prior to that. He missed the 2018 playoffs with Boston as well.

Teams will tolerate headcases and difficult personalities when the production is worth it but will throw them to the side when it isn’t.

I’m pro player getting their money, and coming out good on the business side of things, but between Kyries wishy washy behavior, all the Ben Simmons nonsense and Harden forcing himself out of 2 situations in a year. All that stuff is going to a disservice for players in general when the CBA is up. I guarantee there’s language in the next CBA which addresses stuff like that.

Nets offense was good enough. You can keep it very simple when you have superstars, one of them being a 7 footer who can do everything.

But the Celtics had a 122 offensive rating for the series.

That’s why Brooklyn never had a chance.
Oh i know it's layup lines against the nets. That's a big part of it which ultimately falls on coaching. Good teams let their defense become their offense kinda like Boston and Miami this year.

So than some of that is on front office as well no? Again much bigger problems than what Kyrie did or didn't do

The plan was to outscore everyone. The second guy in line alienated another forcing a trade while himself playing a quarter of the season. A defensive anchor matters what if Kyrie isn’t there?

Max players get max blame when things go wrong.

Remember all the hype about the inevitable "star-studded" battle between the Nets and the Lakers in the Finals?

Well well....how the turn tables :lol:

To this day I have no idea why people thought a team with Year 19 Bron, Always Disabled and Rust would win 60-70 games. Let alone make it through the West to the Finals.

It just goes to show you who is a homer, who just knows the big names and who ACTUALLY watches the games and understands the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom