The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

^^^^I didn't. Honestly I've gone to Fatlace's main store like twice. Saw on IG though with some of the people I follow. How was it?

I've got both in the carbon/mag materials, and I find myself using the 290 when I'm not going too far from the car to the spot. However, when I was back packing for 6 months, I had the 190 carbon with me and it was awesome. I guess think about how much you will be carrying it, not what you will be using it... that to me is where you will really find advantages of one to the other. My 190 tilts easily like the picture you posted, and i haven't used that function much.... but thats just me. If you feel like you will use that function, then I would go with the 190.

Does your 290 also tilt like the 190 in the picture? Would you say there are any advantages of having one or the other? Kinda swaying towards the 190 but I won't be carrying it much at all but would like the tilt feature if I needed it.

Some shots from tonight's fatlace X hotwheels collab although I didn't take any pics of the hotwheels lol

@Fongstarr Were you able to make it out there tonight?

My 290 does, but it looks like it has a different mechanism then what I see in that picture. I don't think the one in your link is able to do it. I have to disassemble the top collar to do it also. It isn't as easy as the 190 which requires little effort. One reason why I prefer my 290 when I'm not concerned about weight or size, is that it has a larger footprint and is more stable. It is just a bit more beefy.

^^^^I didn't. Honestly I've gone to Fatlace's main store like twice. Saw on IG though with some of the people I follow. How was it?

It was cool. The hotwheels display they had was [emoji]128076[/emoji] especially the rwb one. Posted it on my if story if you didn't see it. Met with sn_elvis and got to see his ride for the first time in person which was really cool. Also seeing the skyline hakosuka is always a treat.

dragicon dragicon hmm thanks for your input. Might go with the 290 not 100% on that but will have to make a decision tonight since the 190's sale ends. Also heard some people buying a neewer carbon fiber tripod for 114 which is a steal and it does have a lot of 5 star reviews on Amazon but the ball head is garbage.

It was cool. The hotwheels display they had was [emoji]128076[/emoji] especially the rwb one. Posted it on my if story if you didn't see it. Met with sn_elvis and got to see his ride for the first time in person which was really cool. Also seeing the skyline hakosuka is always a treat.

dragicon dragicon hmm thanks for your input. Might go with the 290 not 100% on that but will have to make a decision tonight since the 190's sale ends. Also heard some people buying a neewer carbon fiber tripod for 114 which is a steal and it does have a lot of 5 star reviews on Amazon but the ball head is garbage.

Be careful with amazon reviews. There are tons of fake reviews on there.

Yea I'm just going to avoid it all together and go with manfrotto. Here's the link to it. Seems like one of those too good to be true deal but I could be completely wrong.

Amazon product ASIN B00NSEKEMO
Edit: So I decided to scrap the manfrotto and go with the MeFOTO RoadTrip :lol: It's lighter, more compact, and can handle up to 17lbs so my 6d with the 70-200 should be no problem. Now I just need to get it for sale.

http://www.adorama.com/bea1350q1abk.html

Last edited:
Haven't been on NT in a while, hope you are all doing well (and from the looks of everything submitted by those who participate in the thread, the work has been phenomenal).....I haven't shot as much as I'd like but with time off work coming up hope to start contributing again.

After messing with a friends A7, I'm seriously considering make the jump from Canon to Sony.

I currently shoot with a 7D & 70D, wondering if anyone else has made that jump and whether they felt it was worth it. Any feedback is appreciated!

After messing with a friends A7, I'm seriously considering make the jump from Canon to Sony.

I currently shoot with a 7D & 70D, wondering if anyone else has made that jump and whether they felt it was worth it. Any feedback is appreciated!

haven't shot canon or nikon outside of using other's cameras briefly but i been using sonys/mirrorless cameras for a minute, i really think the fact that the evf shows you exactly what the image you will get in real time is underrated benefit of mirrorless cameras, but the electronic vs optical viewfinder is maybe more of a personal preference...i know there are a few people here that use the line a7 but you'd prolly be well served to #doyourgoogles as you would get a broader perspective of moving to sony from canon, as well as the general pros & cons of the sony system

been busy with work but finally got to attend an instameet this weekend. didn't get too much but cool experience to get out and connect with other people that have their own following/audience. heres a dump since i havent been out nearly as much as i'd like to. i even renewed my skillshare but have been really busy and havent been able to just sit down and relax/experiment. #excuses.

30648263560_30b6c7382e_c.jpg
30648289430_96bdb0b987_c.jpg
30913895516_e9aae278ed_c.jpg
30950163485_d2c9d2aa7a_c.jpg
30869497491_df3d7b8557_c.jpg
30921785876_53c6ab0ff4_c.jpg

^

I have B+W 10 and 6 stop filters, 6 stops is plenty for smooth water. Very very rarely use my 10 stop.

^beautiful. I'm guessing this was during the middle of the day when the sun was shining bright?

^
I have B+W 10 and 6 stop filters, 6 stops is plenty for smooth water. Very very rarely use my 10 stop.

After seeing shots taken with the 6 stop I'm leaning towards it since I'll probably only use it during the early morning or at night. I know I've been asking a lot of questions the past couple of days but I plan on getting a tripod and nd filter this black Fri. After that it's no more $ spent on equipment....hopefully lol.

I have a 10 stop too. I honestly haven't even used it as much as I would like even though it cost me an arm and a leg. But the 10 stop really is just good for complete sun shots. It's hard to use during sun down and sun set to balance out the lighting and what not. Also aside from the 10 stop, you need a gradient filter as well if you are shooting sunsets and there are so many of those to even choose from depending on the scenery you are shooting. And then there is the polarizer as well if you are trying to cut reflections. It's really a lot of stuff.

Also if you have the time and patience, you can do stacking images to simulate an ND filter look.

^beautiful. I'm guessing this was during the middle of the day when the sun was shining bright?

^

After seeing shots taken with the 6 stop I'm leaning towards it since I'll probably only use it during the early morning or at night. I know I've been asking a lot of questions the past couple of days but I plan on getting a tripod and nd filter this black Fri. After that it's no more $ spent on equipment....hopefully lol.

I've had this 10 stop bw filter for around three years now, and I've probably used it less than 5 times. It might be better to spend the money on something more interesting. Do you have a polarizer? I also like graduated neutral density filters... but that's just me.

In the market for a upgrade or a different photo editing program.What photo editing program are yall using?

I've been using an older version of Lightroom, Recently, I bought a new laptop so I thought I would upgrade to either a newer LR or possibly something else.

anyone have any experience with LR6/Adobe CC or any other programs?

^ I'm a big fan of Lightroom for basic adjustments. Then, I usually do more advanced editing in photoshop. I hate the idea of subscription software, so I'm still on photoshop CS6. No complaints here, and no urges to upgrade to the cloud.

Is CC supposed to be sub based? I cooked with a VPN and have been using it for months with no faults.

^^^Nice. First set natural light? Or reflector/flash?

Also anyone have issue with their Photoshop whit the latest OS upgrades with their Macs? Usually my Photoshop never shuts down or shuts down once every so often and since the upgrade, it has happened 5 times already. Thank god for Photoshops recovery system but it's just annoying that this is happening.

Also anyone have issue with their Photoshop whit the latest OS upgrades with their Macs? Usually my Photoshop never shuts down or shuts down once every so often and since the upgrade, it has happened 5 times already. Thank god for Photoshops recovery system but it's just annoying that this is happening.

1 speed light

and first time using this
Amazon product ASIN B00PIM3I7W
made the light very soft. i liked it a lot.

I purposely stayed on el cap for this very reason. I don't trust apple or adobe software enough to upgrade :lol: I am stable and working extremely well on el cap.

Back
Top Bottom