The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

after looking at this site - I'm convince that I can't be a weeding photographer.  I don't mind taking a million similar picture - but to edit all of them and deliver all of them??? No way - I'm used to picking one to 3 max of a scene and moving to the next - everything above that is pointless IMHO - a client that would ask me for all of them and even paid me for all of them would drive me crazy .....

I'd imagine he would have a quick workflow but yes, some of the photos he took is OD as well. There is the one he shot in Iceland of a couple for their wedding and it was like the same dreary photo after photo of them. They even got married on some remote cliff side with just them and the priest. A part of me hated it but a part of me loved it as well. Just something so unique compared to the millions of things I see online. I do love his work though and just the feel of it even though it is almost the opposite of what you would want to see in wedding. A part of me doesn't mind getting married on a gloomy day now. Haha.

On a lighter note, check out this T-Rex engagement shoot:

8v6a4806.jpg

http://uproxx.com/life/t-rex-propos...d&utm_campaign=Feed:+uproxx/features+(UPROXX)

So many fire wedding photographers.

Watch bruhs.

Couple years (or less :evil: ).... i'll be part of that lineup.

working on 3 inquiries this week btw!!!

1 already signed... so excited!

I got some prints at Costco a couple of months ago but I'm really disappointed - they all have a weird color cast to them. I complained but haven't heard anything back.

Damn. That sucks. Might be isolated to your particular store cause I've never had any problems with the Costcos around my way

I definitely like the higher res photos. I am currently looking for a wedding photographer and I can't tell you how much we hate seeing small photos in galleries when we want to see the details of things. The biggest thing I always like to see are in the blog posts. I like to see that photographers are working and show examples of their gigs and events. It gives me a real sense of what the photographer can do as well as their story telling abilities and editing. I can't tell you how many times I see a website where their portfolio photos are good but then their daily work is poor. It sort of reminds me of how I shoot. Haha. Like how I can get a decent image from a day of shooting with tons of BS shots as well. I like photographers that are good a 100% of the time.

This couple is who I would hire if I had the money. I think their shooting, editing and everything is awesome. Both are equally impressive shooters as well:

http://www.kenkienow.com/

I love the layout (crisp and clean). Images are on point.....I thoroughly enjoyed your bio (fellow GOT fan). So far it looks awesome.

^^^^^^I hate to say it but I am controlled by price and quality. I LOVE photography but just don't have that liquid income to pay a crazy amount right now. What is insane is they aren't even that bad price wise. I think their start is $4K for a package and goes up. I would assume with travel (they live in San Luis Obispo) and what not, it can be up to $6K which is decent considering their body of work. If I had all the money in the world, I would get the best of it all but when you are paying for a wedding by yourself, you have to budget.

I love this guy as well. He loves contrast and shooting on the under exposed side. I think he is like $10K for a gig.

http://niravpatelphotography.com/blog/

Thanks brother! Appreciate the feedback and congrats on your wedding man...glad you guys are sharing others sites...I've slept on mines for about 4 years, just never find the time update it, till now because I just have too much work not to properly showcase it....my old site wasn't optimize for the 5k monitor era we are headed towards, a lot of old templates can't handle it and screws up the quality of photos when viewing from a newer 4K and 5k monitor, my blog looks like **** now on those screens because the photos I saved at 1050px wide, so in a large monitor the photo looks like trash, since I redid my site tho I uploaded the photos at 2000px wide and it looks amazing on the bigger monitors and even better on my phone...if I lived in Cali like you, I'd save my pennies and hire Rich Lander

http://www.chardphoto.com/blog/

Being a wedding photographer has taught me 1 thing and that's never to let a budget come between the guy you want taking your pictures, I rather cut costs elsewhere, photos is legit the only thing you have to look back on.

Looks really good. Love high res images.

I'm bias though cuz i legit look up to you :lol:

:lol: :lol: thanks bro! I've been really impressed with you, your growth has been on steroid...very fast learner man....your IGs quality has improved tremendously FAST man

I'd imagine he would have a quick workflow but yes, some of the photos he took is OD as well. There is the one he shot in Iceland of a couple for their wedding and it was like the same dreary photo after photo of them. They even got married on some remote cliff side with just them and the priest. A part of me hated it but a part of me loved it as well. Just something so unique compared to the millions of things I see online. I do love his work though and just the feel of it even though it is almost the opposite of what you would want to see in wedding. A part of me doesn't mind getting married on a gloomy day now. Haha.

On a lighter note, check out this T-Rex engagement shoot:

8v6a4806.jpg

http://uproxx.com/life/t-rex-propos...d&utm_campaign=Feed:+uproxx/features+(UPROXX)

Remote locations is the trend now for weddings, specially in the west coast where you actually have these amazing spots, here in the east coast we don't have ***** lol this is one of my favorite photographers, TBH he's good but what sets him apart is the locations he shoots at, some of these places you can walk in equipped with an iPhone and work magic....he's lucky AF

http://benjhaisch.com/blog/

I love the layout (crisp and clean). Images are on point.....I thoroughly enjoyed your bio (fellow GOT fan). So far it looks awesome.

Thanks man! My wife thinks my GoT reference is cheesy, sucks because I love it and I tried explaining to her that clients like a photographer they can connect with and many times during client meets we end up chattin away about favorite shows and who the hell doesn't like GOTs?

^^^^The guy is the king of Mt Tam! Haha. I still don't know where half of that stuff is. I hate driving to Mt Tam and never going to the right spots.

Being a wedding photographer has taught me 1 thing and that's never to let a budget come between the guy you want taking your pictures, I rather cut costs elsewhere, photos is legit the only thing you have to look back on.

I agree but even I have to pull the plug on somethings. I decided to not pay good money for the photographer at my venue cause I am just getting married at a gold course but decided to send extra money in Paris in a few weeks and hire a photographer there to take our engagement photos. I leave actually next week go go to Paris as well as Venice, Iceland, London and Rome. We even hired another lady to shoot photos in Venice too, so in essence, I am paying for something but just not for the actually wedding which I don't really care for since I've always liked posed engagement photos more.

^^^^The guy is the king of Mt Tam! Haha. I still don't know where half of that stuff is. I hate driving to Mt Tam and never going to the right spots.
I agree but even I have to pull the plug on somethings. I decided to not pay good money for the photographer at my venue cause I am just getting married at a gold course but decided to send extra money in Paris in a few weeks and hire a photographer there to take our engagement photos. I leave actually next week go go to Paris as well as Venice, Iceland, London and Rome. We even hired another lady to shoot photos in Venice too, so in essence, I am paying for something but just not for the actually wedding which I don't really care for since I've always liked posed engagement photos more.

Ahhh totally makes sense, least you understand a photographer can only do so much, you can have the worlds best photographer, you get married in a country club, you gonna get about the same pictures a cheaper photog can provide...

Since you are doing pictures over sees, not sure you heard of these people, is a company that hires photographers for couples on vacays, they actually hire decent shooters tho, they hit me up a while back to be part of their company here in NY I never got back to them :frown:

these yours? Dope ... Repped.

Locations?
Yup, first and last are Mt Tam, middle 2 are Point Reyes.
These early mornings out there are so nice, fog just rises out of the trees everywhere. I usually just drive up and down the road chasing the fog lol

there is this bay area guy too

http://www.dannydongblog.com/

$$$$

This guy....Somethin else man. Someone posted him a while back and ever since he's been my favorite wedding photog.

And bjamez20 bjamez20 once again you never cease to amaze me with the marin shots. One of these days I'm going to head up there at the crack of dawn to catch the sunrise and fog. I keep seeing this guy's shots of Mount tam and they always look amazing.

https://www.instagram.com/gettyphotography/?hl=en

Last edited:
Looks really good. Love high res images.

I'm bias though cuz i legit look up to you :lol:

:lol: :lol: thanks bro! I've been really impressed with you, your growth has been on steroid...very fast learner man....your IGs quality has improved tremendously FAST man

thanks man.

For some reason i click with IG a lot. dunno what it is.

Just trying to convert these followers & likes into dollars and more bookings some how :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

thanks man.

Just trying to convert these followers & likes into dollars and more bookings some how :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You seem pretty busy unless all that work is probono :x :x

You better stop playing :lol:

Thanks man! My wife thinks my GoT reference is cheesy, sucks because I love it and I tried explaining to her that clients like a photographer they can connect with and many times during client meets we end up chattin away about favorite shows and who the hell doesn't like GOTs?

the game of thrones reference is maybe kind of cheesy, it probably isn't information that hurts or helps you really---though thrones, walking dead, etc. are kind of top of mind now, but is this something really integral to you are? seeing as this is could presumably, exist beyond those shows (or that there is the odd person that hasn't heard of/isn't into these shows), obviously you can change this section when you see fit, but it may be worth considering something less ephemeral to be your point of connection with potential clients or maybe spend a sentence or 2 explaining what it is about those shows you connect to?---it's just kind of fluff...also might reconsider being so upfront about the professions of you & your wife, only because you may not want potential clients thinking that your "other/real jobs" might take precedent over their needs or that this isn't really your focus...unless you really feel it is information that potential clients would need to know...

#epic!

the game of thrones reference is maybe kind of cheesy, it probably isn't information that hurts or helps you really---though thrones, walking dead, etc. are kind of top of mind now, but is this something really integral to you are? seeing as this is could presumably, exist beyond those shows (or that there is the odd person that hasn't heard of/isn't into these shows), obviously you can change this section when you see fit, but it may be worth considering something less ephemeral to be your point of connection with potential clients or maybe spend a sentence or 2 explaining what it is about those shows you connect to?---it's just kind of fluff...also might reconsider being so upfront about the professions of you & your wife, only because you may not want potential clients thinking that your "other/real jobs" might take precedent over their needs or that this isn't really your focus...unless you really feel it is information that potential clients would need to know...
#epic!

Thanks for the input bro!

*noted :pimp:

thanks man.

You seem pretty busy unless all that work is probono :x :x

You better stop playing :lol:

I go out and make the images happen whether im paid or not.

I'm not unhappy with the amount of booking i get :lol:

I just think social media can be extremely misleading.

Back
Top Bottom