The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

So remember my dilemma with the 6D vs 80D?

My homie copped a 6D and I used it with my 50 1.8 all day yesterday and eh...I wasnt as impressed as my first time using it. The focus was meh and the focus speed, which never bothers me, bothered me this time around.

May just try an 80D with a 35mm 2.0 and see how that works for me.

What does one do to take an image like this in terms of camera settings

just gotta use a shutter speed fast enough to freeze the motion. probably no slower than 1/500. Plus since its really sunny in that shot it was probably well over 1/1000.

My homie copped a 6D and I used it with my 50 1.8 all day yesterday and eh...I wasnt as impressed as my first time using it. The focus was meh and the focus speed, which never bothers me, bothered me this time around.

Never really heard any negative reports in terms of focusing speed on a 6d.

Matter of fact, i've only ever heard that its a low light beast in terms of focus acquisition when using the cross type af in the middle.

One more question I know I'm annoying just trying to understand/learn a bit more..

Nikon d700 vs Canon t6i thoughts?

I've seen some shots with the d700 with a 50mm and they look amazing. 

One more question I know I'm annoying just trying to understand/learn a bit more..

nikon d700 is an older full frame camera

canon t6i is a newer crop sensor camera

they're kinda in leagues of their own.

Thanks for the lens suggestions guys.

But I still have a question: What are y'all using besides Eye-fi to shoot and show pictures instantly? Didn't really like Eye-fi and I think I lost it.

the 6d has something like 11 autofocus points across the frame...it is noted as the weak point of that camera, you will likely have to use the center focus and recompose method...every camera will have its pros & cons, you have to decides on what is important and/or what you are willing to deal with...

Will I still get the same quality hi res images that the d700 takes with a canon t6i? If not which camera would. Biggest regret would be buying a camera and I'm not happy with it... like I did a couple years back smh 

These were shot with a d700 with a 50mm

I want a camera where i could take these kind of pictures and more.

I haven't used a t6i, but the D700 is my most favorite camera ever. I used it for many years, and the versitility of it was unrivaled. I use a D810 now, but it's not nearly as fun and intuitive as the D700. It is a 10 year old sensor in it, so don't expect it to compete with current sensor tech. It also produces a relatively small image (compared to modern DSLRs), which makes it difficult to crop or blow up to massive prints.

Will I still get the same quality hi res images that the d700 takes with a canon t6i? If not which camera would. Biggest regret would be buying a camera and I'm not happy with it... like I did a couple years back smh 

not that megapixels are everything but t6i (2015) has 24 vs. 12 for the d700 (2008) so you'd get more detail with the t6i and perhaps slightly better image quality with the d700 in certain situations with fast glass, but there isn't anything in particular about those images that a proper fast equivalent focal length lens couldn't solve...

Last edited:

not that megapixels are everything but t6i (2015) has 24 vs. 12 for the d700 (2008) so you'd get more detail with the t6i and perhaps slightly better image quality with the d700 in certain situations with fast glass, but there isn't anything in particular about those images that a proper fast equivalent focal length lens couldn't solve...

All of this.

You put on the right lens, get the right light, and by today's standards, the camera is **almost** a non issue.

Anyone ever invest in a 35mm L 1.4 from Canon? Wanna know if it's worth the true hefty price that it is.

Thank you guys super helpful. Just need to sell a few things and I'm ready to buy. 

Shot some BTS shots for a music video being filmed last night. Here's a few of my initial edits.

Anybody mess with Gimbals/Stabilizers?

Also thinking of getting a DJI Osmo, but sees to be hit or miss in low light which may eliminate it from contention.

Sick shot up there. Looks like no one was even there too.

Tried my hand at taking some product shots again. This sort of stuff is way too hard and strenuous. Colors are not totally right and wish I added the laces out for the floating effect. Will try on another pair later.

flyknit-id.png

Buying a new laptop for work and thinking about picking up the Lenovo Yoga 910. Wondering if it would be good for photoshop and lightroom with some minor video editing as well. Specs: i7-7500U Processor (2.70GHz 4MB), 13.9" UHD IPS Multi-touch (3840x2160), 16.0GB DDR4 2133 MH, 512GB PCIe SSD, Intel[emoji]174[/emoji] HD Graphics 620, Backlit English Keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom