The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

37DDF446-6119-4030-BC34-6C11060B0B16.jpeg

So much fun

Can anyone recommend an EF Canon mount wide angle lens? 10-20mm or around there preferably. Budget id like to keep it around $500 or so...

Yeah im screwed arent I?

Dont know how confident id be with a manual focus, thinking about that Tokina but 11-16 kinda a small range no?

Went to London/Paris and that 50mm I normally use really limited me. New setup for travel (street/fashion) may be a 35mm and then a wide angle that im looking for now.

Glad with the outcome here.

That's cool and all, but I think you need to find better sceneries or subjects. This was also a longer exposure while being wide open which didnt render starburst, thus giving you ugly light circles. Instead you could of have shot this around f/11 or closer and the light would have been better. Just trying to help brother. If you dont want it, let me know and I won't critique anymore.

That's cool and all, but I think you need to find better sceneries or subjects. This was also a longer exposure while being wide open which didnt render starburst, thus giving you ugly light circles. Instead you could of have shot this around f/11 or closer and the light would have been better. Just trying to help brother. If you dont want it, let me know and I won't critique anymore.

Nah dude this is EXACTLY what I want. I need criticism only way I’ll get better.

Since you're close to the Verrazano, try something like this for night photography.

0c4c5856e01203cfd69f31a834fdd9b2.jpg

I think this looks cooler and more interesting. In addition, see how the light has that burst effect? You have to close the lens, however, depending on lens you'll get different burst.

Since you're close to the Verrazano, try something like this for night photography.

I think this looks cooler and more interesting. In addition, see how the light has that burst effect? You have to close the lens, however, depending on lens you'll get different burst.

I’m trying to be able to take images like that dude. I’m just shooting whatever I can just to practice and hope to get better.

So shooting at a F11ish should help with that burst effect?

I’m trying to be able to take images like that dude. I’m just shooting whatever I can just to practice and hope to get better.

No doubt, I'm not saying you are going to nail this, but who knows. What I'm saying is, since it seems you took that previous photo close to the Verrazano, why dont go to the Verrazano and do the same composition I posted. You'll need a steady tripod and a remote for the shutter release, since anything over 30 seconds will required one.

Make sure you look at your histogram and get the exposure right. You dont want to be way under and def nothing blown out unless is the light trails as you won't be able to bring it back in lightroom.

And continue to practice. But practice with interesting subjects.

No doubt, I'm not saying you are going to nail this, but who knows. What I'm saying is, since it seems you took that previous photo close to the Verrazano, why dont go to the Verrazano and do the same composition I posted. You'll need a steady tripod and a remote for the shutter release, since anything over 30 seconds will required one.

Make sure you look at your histogram and get the exposure right. You dont want to be way under and def nothing blown out unless is the light trails as you won't be able to bring it back in lightroom.

And continue to practice. But practice with interesting subjects.
Will do I’ll get back to you personally

Yes, a smaller aperture will give you that effect. In turn, you'll have to do a longer exposure.

Will do I’ll get back to you personally
You dont have to ask me personally. Just post it here and ask for critiques. There are plenty of people here that are more than capable on giving you great feedback.

What camera and lens do you have?

Damn I need to hit this spot

Looking at a used Tokina 11-16mm and slightly confused how its an EF mount but format capability is APS-C.

Arent EF mounts for full frane cameras?

Looking at a used Tokina 11-16mm and slightly confused how its an EF mount but format capability is APS-C.

Arent EF mounts for full frane cameras?
EF mounts can be used for APS-C camera since those sensors are smaller than a FF. EF-S mount can only be used for APS-C since on a FF the mirror will slap the lens or you'll get heavy vignettes.

The reason why you see a lot if premium Lens for example Canon L on a rebel or xxD line.

Back
Top Bottom