The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Just got an iPad Pro, any recommendations for tutorials on getting the most out of its camera?
To my knowledge, I don't think the iPad Pro is any different than the iPhone camera but stick to learning editing on the iPad. Download VSCO, Lightroom, Photoshop, etc and just learn how to tweak iPad photos. To be honest though, it's not that different from the editing on Instagram but I want to say those apps are better than what IG has to offer.

And I am not sure if it exists but if you are trying to learn to take better photos on the iPad, find a app that allows you to control the iPads camera better from adjusting the shutter, ISO and other such things. To be honest though, I would recommend you getting just a real camera to pair with your iPad as just an editing tool.

Dope shots bro’s.

so I got a dilemma. I bought the godox AD400pro from Amazon and it didn’t come on the set date. I ordered it on 10/14 and it was supposed to arrive 10/17. Called them yesterday and they say it should arrive the same day but it never showed up. I call them this morning and they say it was damaged in transit. They offer the refund and I take it. I check my mail tonight and it arrived with no damage. Checked the status online and it says “refund has been issued.” Bank account still shows the charge tho. Do I call them or do I say nothing? Leaning on calling them.

I’d appreciate any CC.

I’d really like to get more into shooting outdoors like this. I’m still new to photography.
70F65EAA-6EAD-437F-8CE6-1564E93A19C3.jpeg
EAEFC849-DAFA-41E2-9D90-BEB2F471C62A.jpeg
C2B31E88-7170-4D3B-8F30-752A3FBBFDB7.jpeg

^^^^^I think looks good for the most part. I know photography can get geeky so what I am saying really is if you want to go out of your way to take crazy insect photos. You should try using a super long lens with a shallow depth of field. Of course macro lenses are great for insect photography but it's a real niche product. I recommend renting one before buying one but you can also just use any long lens or use extension tubes to get a similar and cheap effect. Also shoot in better light. Insect photography is best if well lit and to keep the photo edit as true as possible. I would lay off the filtered look but that is me.

If you are focusing on just random outdoor photos, then just keep shooting and try to find something of interest to master. There are landscapes, sunset photos, star photos, wildlife photos, etc. All of them are shot differently and require different equipment. Photography can get a little intimidate at first but the learning process is what makes it fun and frustrating at the same time.

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. Im looking to do more outdoor/nature type shoots not just bugs or insects in particularly.

to add I did take these with myiPhone.

Last edited:
^^^^^Nice. I assumed you used FlyNYON? I still have a voucher from those guys for San Francisco and they closed their operations here. I got to get out to NY to use it one day.

^^^^^Nice. I assumed you used FlyNYON? I still have a voucher from those guys for San Francisco and they closed their operations here. I got to get out to NY to use it one day.

Yea, I did. Tried them down here 2 years ago but it was no where near the same. I think the Miami operation closed too. I kept switching between photo and video so I shot in auto because it whoever been too much to adjust the video settings back. I recommend 24-70mm lens unless you have 2 cameras.

Also I paid for the 16 minute flight because I read somewhere that if at least one or 2 other people on your flight pays for the 30 flight you basically get to benefit from them. When I got there dude said if i paid $60 he'd hook me up. Way better than the $150 upgrade.

620BF455-6593-422F-BC46-995AB125638A.jpeg
some logn exposure shot years ago.

i am hoping for the iphone 12 to reignite my photographic fire

Attachments

• 620BF455-6593-422F-BC46-995AB125638A.jpeg
    620BF455-6593-422F-BC46-995AB125638A.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom