The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

The baby one was a 50mm composite. The skate one was shot with 70-200mm at like 100mm I think. The last one is the fixed 23mm lens on the Fuji X100v which is a crop so that’s like a 35mm on a full frame. I will say I am mostly shooting with the 70-200mm as of late. I am all about compression shots lately when I used to be wide angle my whole life.

A few of my most recent ones. I've been practicing lighting and flash a little more. Not 100% where I want to be but I'm heading in the right direction.

IMG_20210829_223518_714.jpg

IMG_20210831_090022_369.jpg

This was after a friend of mines bodybuilding competition. She's sponsored by a supplement company and they used my pics on their site.
1-10.jpg

2.jpg

Man I need to get out there and practice more. Y'all photos are awesome. I have mostly been taking pictures of wildlife, here are a couple of shots of an Alligator yawning while resting after it's meal from the Barataria Preserve in New Orleans a couple of weeks ago. I need to find some human subjects haha.

IMG_9814.JPG
IMG_9813.JPG
IMG_9812.JPG
IMG_9811.JPG

One from todays shoot. Feeling a lot more confident in my flash game even though my strobe fell and cracked the screen 😣
1 (1).jpg

^ if you’re up for constructive criticism; I don’t like the fact that she’s looking up into the distance while having a book in a “reading position”. Is she reading or looking at something else?
I get what you're saying. And I do have some with her staring in the book. But here's my take on it and why I wanted that specific pose. I wanted to capture a moment when the reader, In a brief moment looks up and fantasizes about what they're reading. Almost like a candid moment. That's why I titled it "Reading is dreaming with your eyes open" on my IG

Pic from my most previous shoot. This one I put a lot of time and effort into with the wardrobe, lighting and scouting out a location.

IMG_20210905_014815_473.jpg

IMG_20210905_014815_425.jpg
What's your lighting setup? I assume you are using strobes or using high speed sync cause you are getting a lot of bokeh. Definitely props for doing the wardrobe and what not. With shoots like these, that honestly plays a big part which has nothing to do with the camera itself. One recommendation I have is to use a defuser or drop down the power. The lighting seems harsh when the skin gets almost white colored.

I get what you're saying. And I do have some with her staring in the book. But here's my take on it and why I wanted that specific pose. I wanted to capture a moment when the reader, In a brief moment looks up and fantasizes about what they're reading. Almost like a candid moment. That's why I titled it "Reading is dreaming with your eyes open" on my IG
I get what you're saying, but for me the picture does not work at all.

It looks to kidish. In addition, the way she is sitting and holding the book is unnatural. Plus the smirk ruins the facial expression of being mesmerized and deep in thought that you was trying to capture.

My .02 ...

What's your lighting setup? I assume you are using strobes or using high speed sync cause you are getting a lot of bokeh. Definitely props for doing the wardrobe and what not. With shoots like these, that honestly plays a big part which has nothing to do with the camera itself. One recommendation I have is to use a defuser or drop down the power. The lighting seems harsh when the skin gets almost white colored.
Yea. This pic was strobe and hss and I used a diffuser. The lighting seems harsh cause that's how I wanted it in the edit. I wanted her skin to be a little washed out and the overall image contrasty. I'll post the original when I can for reference

My advice would be to ditch your iphone and get yourself a dslr or mirrorless camera. Learn the basic 3 settings, aperature, iso and shutter speed (YouTube is a great resource). Once you're good with that start learning about different types of lense and focul lenghts. You seem to have a certain eye for composition so that's good.

thanks man. I appreciate the advice. I’m waiting for tax season to get a camera. Just had to put 1400 into my car to fix a few problems.

Back
Top Bottom