The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Just started a Project 365. Hopefully I can actually finish this thing.
5838336643_ae3af445c5_b.jpg

5844169501_728838e822_b.jpg

5846752617_9162e9d3eb_b.jpg

Posted this in the pick-up thread too but I figured you guys would appreciate it more.

24mm L version II--- took some amazing shots already; will post them later.

Nice pick-up Vinod689. I was thinkin bout pickin up that lens for my 60d. What do you shoot with, crop or FF? How much did it cost u?

So I recently purchased a D3100 with the kit lens...

Already thinking about a list of stuff to buy in the future and would like suggestions (I already have a couple memory cards):

(1) "nifty-fifty" lens
(2) external flash mount
(3) extra battery
(4) case (??)
(5) ??

I'm not buying any of this now but once I go through Understanding Exposure a few times and take a couple thousand shots, I hope to buy these extras together. Just wondering if there is anything I'm missing or if someone could suggest something in any of these categories.
edit: Guess I'll post one of my first shots:

10f9v1z.jpg

Guys can you help me decide between these models..

D3100 v D5000 v D5100 or any other Nikon that is around the same price range 500-800

obviously they all have different price points and different specs but if anyone can tell me which is the best bang for your buck?

i've been using a D200 for the past year and I want/need to upgrade to a body that is capable of video without compromising picture quality.

Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by Vinod869

Posted this in the pick-up thread too but I figured you guys would appreciate it more.

Damn, I need the 24 L and the Gucci-esque strap..

Those macro shots look amazing.. Thinking about the 100 2.8 L macro, since i could still use it for portraits.

Originally Posted by Vinod869

pimp.gif
 congrats bro, you're going to love this lens. it's my go to lens when i'm at a party or indoors since i shoot with a 7D, so with the crop it's a 38mm equivalent. just be careful when you shoot WIDE OPEN, it can get soft at times. but it's one piece of glass i don't regret getting!

here's mine with the sig 50

Originally Posted by Dunks r nice

Vinod869 - Nice, so far how do you like it?
Thanks dude. Great lens so far; took some amazing shots.

Apeks wrote:
Nice pick-up Vinod689. I was thinkin bout pickin up that lens for my 60d. What do you shoot with, crop or FF? How much did it cost u?

Hey that's funny because I'm actually using it on a 60d right now and it's the PERFECT lens (~38mm on the cropped sensor); barely touch my 50mm 1.4 anymore.  I paid 1600USD... so the price is pretty steep.  But, my friend has the 5dmII and pictures come out stunning on the FF.  I plan on updating to FF soon but I think I'll wait for the next one Canon releases
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

those macro's on the last page are sooooo clean
pimp.gif

and Dunks r Nice- i'm always impressed by your composition... nice shots man

beyonce-luomo-vogue.jpg

can anyone tell me what kind of gear that photographers using on his camera? The camera itself looks like a 5dii...but what lens would that be, and whats the purpose of that little antenna on top of his flash?

Sorry for the amateur question...i just don't know how to google this question its a complex one 
laugh.gif

The lens could be a L series: 24-70mm f/2.8 & that little transmitter is a wireless device that can fire the different flashes that are probably set up around the room/set

Back
Top Bottom