The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

^great work as usual P!
6209655989_cdd040fbba_z.jpg

6209655991_cf0d492225_z.jpg

Originally Posted by ksteezy

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I got a Canon T2i stock everything......Lets say i wanted to walk around school and take pics of ppl or just random things.....What settings would you personally use?? [/color]
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Simba King

Originally Posted by ksteezy

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I got a Canon T2i stock everything......Lets say i wanted to walk around school and take pics of ppl or just random things.....What settings would you personally use?? [/color]
nerd.gif
no one is going to be able to give you specific settings bro, its all gonna vary depending on the amount of light....the way you handle the available light is the single most important thing about photography.

Cam someone recommend a cheap tripod. Hopefully less than $100. I need one to take a family pic but will barely use it after. I'm also looking for a portable HD to back up my pics if anyone has any suggestions. I was thinking about a 500gb.

Originally Posted by Smokey13

Cam someone recommend a cheap tripod. Hopefully less than $100. I need one to take a family pic but will barely use it after.

I'm also looking for a portable HD to back up my pics if anyone has any suggestions. I was thinking about a 500gb.

I got this Manfrotto tripod at Best Buy for $60 and it seems to do the trick for my long exposures and other such things. Pretty decent build and the handle is really easy to lock things in place. I took it to Hawaii and strapped it onto my backpack and had no issues with it at all.

http://www.bestbuy.com/si...067&st=tripod&cp=7&lp=15

http://www.manfrotto.us/category/8374.0.0.0.0/Photo

Ksteezy, great pics man.  Couple questions..  Do you shoot at your house or in a studio?  And what type of light set up are you using?  Thanks for any help man.  
Truly inspiring work in here guys. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

Ksteezy, great pics man.  Couple questions..  Do you shoot at your house or in a studio?  And what type of light set up are you using?  Thanks for any help man.  
Truly inspiring work in here guys. 
pimp.gif

thanks bro, I actually made myself a home-made studio, it took a while for my wife to accept it, but once she saw that it was good business specially in the winter and specially for maternity work and newborn work she gave in and agreed on splitting our living room in half, my apartment layout was convenient enough to provide plenty of natural light through an 8 foot wide window, and since im located on the top floor, nothing blocks the light in the day....I do have two studio lights which i used to use, but is so much better to deal with natural light, i mean is less predictable, but when you get the hang of it, nothing compares....plus im not doing fashion editorial work, where the use of beauty dishes and such is necessary...with newborns IMO and kids in general, big ##% lights with softboxes and umbrellas, present a hazzard and too much of a distraction, not to mention clutter.
this is my setup, directly in front of my wondow.

5963010840_59013bb971_b.jpg

Thanks a million Ksteezy. That set-up is dope. I was thinking of copping one of those complete beginner backdrop kits. I agree on the natural light. I don't want to get caught up in spending unnecessary money that could be used on some new glass. I appreciate it again man.

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

Thanks a million Ksteezy. That set-up is dope. I was thinking of copping one of those complete beginner backdrop kits. I agree on the natural light. I don't want to get caught up in spending unnecessary money that could be used on some new glass. I appreciate it again man.
dont do it bro, waste of money, very unstable and it looks messy, invest in a set of Autopoles like the ones i have.

ah niiiiice ksteezy. i wish i could do that with my living room lol. how do those autopoles work...do you have to bolt them to the floor or ceiling? i would imagine those backdrops would be somewhat heavy.

was feeling black and whiteish the past few days:

6209352665_8eaefef79f_b.jpg

6211372615_23c98572c0_b.jpg

6212545385_97d428800c_b.jpg

6196754424_e09a892e94_b.jpg

6211598553_23eceaca3e_b.jpg

team names...any ideas?

Adbo the autopoles are great, they secure with preassure, they are very secure, those three rolls weigh about 60lbs combined.

Nice B&Ws bro...

Team ShutterWolves?...
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom