The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

What I'm working with

Make sure to check my IG
@dens415

what body you shooting with? got pretty much the same lens lineup as i do if you swap the fisheye for the 18-55 kit lens.

prob. my favorite shot i've gotten out of the 10-22mm. LOVE that lens. a lot more versatile than you might think.

Every time I'm in the street I hear YAK YAK YAK YAK!!!
glasses.gif

This 5DM2 is cool, but I need a better lens.

I feel like I'm not getting the maximum picture quality with this plastic 50mil.

A 17-40L would be nice... some money to buy it would be cool too.

Oh yeah, here's the picture I took today. I posted it on the previous page, but it was the last post

on that page. It's a dope picture, so I'm posting it again to ensure you get to see it.

Tell me it's not a dope pic and I'll find you and give you a hug.

Can't believe I took this picture with a damn plastic film camera.

Henri-Cartier Bresson's approach to taking pictures involved capturing

the "decisive moment"... He's one of my favorites.

Failed the first time...

Got it.

I was going through the rest of the pictures from the same roll of the picture I posted

above and I noticed this one...

I just converted it to black and white.

This dog holds down the fort... frreal. Quite savage.

Click to view bigger size.

Last edited:
^nice pics. Manifest used a kinda similar picture on a tee a few years back. Still looking for it actually lol.

50mm 1.4 new for 299 shipped worth it? No tax either! :smokin

I've been seeing some at 349...

Last edited:

I just saw that deal on Canon Rumors. Read some reviews and people say the 50 L lens has a hard time auto focusing where as this lens is better at action shots and low light. Bokeh might not be as good but for the price, it seems like a no brainer if that is an issue. I think it is good for what it is and something that has nice to have in your arsenal. Me personally for some reason and even on a full frame, I am having the hardest time getting interesting shots. I really want to get a wide angle again but am struggling on what to get that makes sense for me. I know the 16-35mm is the best bet for the price but it seems like such a pain to lug a zoom lens like that all the time. I do want the 14mm L but it is just way to expensive to get 2mm wider then the zoom. I might even just get the 15mm fisheye to satisfy my needs again but I feel like I am just going to shoot the same crap I did with my Nikon.

Anyone have a 35mm L? Is it a good all around lens? Focus? Sharpness?

I just saw that deal on Canon Rumors. Read some reviews and people say the 50 L lens has a hard time auto focusing where as this lens is better at action shots and low light. Bokeh might not be as good but for the price, it seems like a no brainer if that is an issue. I think it is good for what it is and something that has nice to have in your arsenal. Me personally for some reason and even on a full frame, I am having the hardest time getting interesting shots. I really want to get a wide angle again but am struggling on what to get that makes sense for me. I know the 16-35mm is the best bet for the price but it seems like such a pain to lug a zoom lens like that all the time. I do want the 14mm L but it is just way to expensive to get 2mm wider then the zoom. I might even just get the 15mm fisheye to satisfy my needs again but I feel like I am just going to shoot the same crap I did with my Nikon.

Anyone have a 35mm L? Is it a good all around lens? Focus? Sharpness?
Thanks Fong, just needed the reassurance that it was a good enough deal to pull the trigger on.

I, too, am looking for a fisheye...Hopefully I can find something for rather cheap.

Thanks Fong, just needed the reassurance that it was a good enough deal to pull the trigger on.
I, too, am looking for a fisheye...Hopefully I can find something for rather cheap.

I actually somewhat quoted Ken Rockwell, which you can love or hate. Here's the link and his quote:

"The $1,400 50mm f/1.2 L doesn't do anything much differently, is much bigger and heavier, and doesn't focus as consistently. The 50mm f/1.2 is for astronomers, not action shooters."

http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/lenses/50mm-f14.htm

from the past couple weeks

when i upload to flickr then post on here why does the quality go down so much???

Last edited:

Menorah at the Northridge Fashion Center, December 2007. Took this with a Sony Cybershot DSC-H3

Last edited:
I actually somewhat quoted Ken Rockwell, which you can love or hate. Here's the link and his quote:
"The $1,400 50mm f/1.2 L doesn't do anything much differently, is much bigger and heavier, and doesn't focus as consistently. The 50mm f/1.2 is for astronomers, not action shooters."
http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/lenses/50mm-f14.htm

while i didn't actually click the link, i can tell you from reading on other forums that the 50L really is a luxury and is only superior in build quality and slightly better background blur. here's a comparison test of the 1.4 vs 1.2L and the differences are subtle at best.

http://www.wlcastleman.com/equip/reviews/50mm_1.2L/bokeh/bokeh.htm

i have the 1.4 and it stays on my camera 90% of the time unless i need to get really wide without being able to move around too much to get the shot. well worth the price point and a great buy at $299.

Anyone into film photography? I've been messing around with my Holga for about a year. Just bought a Fisheye no.2. I also have a Canon AE-1 that I haven't used yet (no time, and SF weather hasn't been too nice to us lately).

Any tips?

Man Rolo....those Disney pics are awesom. Can't believe you shot pics on the rollercoaster. Crazy for that one.

trhee  & Fong - Thanks!

presequel - Oh I didn't post the photo but I did bring my camera on the roller coaster. 

Back
Top Bottom