The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Yo NT, I'm looking for a book for beginning photography. I just got a Nikon D40 for Christmas and I've been taking pictures almost daily since then. I'm looking for a book that introduces tips,guides, and lessons to help me learn more about photography and my camera.

While on Amazon i found a book called "The digital Photography book" by Scott Kelby

Can anyone offer me any information on this book or books that might help me?

Thank you in advanced.

Hey. I'm making the switch to Canon and undecided if I should go with the 7D or the 50D
Any advice?

Also the story behind shortypop
nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
shortypop (the girl; not the company) cheated on one niketalker with another niketalker.

Ebayologist (who ran her website) took her nudes and posted them on her website.

He then went on to patent shortypop and taking her name and he now runs shortypop (the company)

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

Hey. I'm making the switch to Canon and undecided if I should go with the 7D or the 50D
Any advice?
What are you switching from (Nikon ____?)  and what do you shoot?

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Yo NT, I'm looking for a book for beginning photography. I just got aNikon D40 for Christmas and I've been taking pictures almost dailysince then. I'm looking for a book that introduces tips,guides, andlessons to help me learn more about photography and my camera.

While on Amazon i found a book called "The digital Photography book" by Scott Kelby

Thank you in advanced.

Understanding Exposure.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Any advice?
I was shooting with a Nikon D300. I heard the 7D is Canons response to the D300s? 

Any advice?
I was shooting with a Nikon D300. I heard the 7D is Canons response to the D300s? 

Yeah... the cheaper, less expensive, better response. I was shooting with a Nikon D40x, then was gonna grab the D300s, then heard about the 7D, and now I'm actually shooting with a FF Canon 1Ds Mark II. It's rumored to have some focusing problems in some models, but under a warranty you can always send it back. And when I say focusing problems, I mean minor back-focusing. The 7D is Canon's introduction of a new prosumer line. In fact, I think its biggest competitor in the Canon line is the 5d Mark II.

For some perspective, most people are placing the Canon 7D in between the Nikon D300s and the Nikon D700 as far as what camera is better than what other camera. I will tell you that if you ever plan on going FF, when you switch to Canon go ahead and grab either EF or L lenses and get a head start on them.

Any advice?

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Yo NT, I'm looking for a book for beginning photography. I just got aNikon D40 for Christmas and I've been taking pictures almost dailysince then. I'm looking for a book that introduces tips,guides, andlessons to help me learn more about photography and my camera.

Thank you in advanced.

Understanding Exposure.
wink.gif
Thank you very much. 
happy.gif

Any advice?

nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
shortypop (the girl; not the company) cheated on one niketalker with another niketalker.

Ebayologist (who ran her website) took her nudes and posted them on her website.

He then went on to patent shortypop and taking her name and he now runs shortypop (the company)

2q36dqs.jpg

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Any advice?

nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]

2q36dqs.jpg

fb8157499ba3aa27a3f19940e50d7f76f56ecde.gif

Back
Top Bottom