The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I found an awesome site with nice architecture pics.

http://www.luxhomes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

I need to step my game up...not on photography but these homes are on some
pimp.gif
status

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

iAllan- that pic is incredible
pimp.gif
YEA I AGREE. GREAT STUFF... QUESTION?  IS THIS MULTIPLE SHOTS MERGED OR DID YOU MESS WITH THE COLORS IN PP (IF SO WHAT DID YOU FOCUS OR METER ON)?  
Thanks guys. It was actually just really nice weather out x -5 EV x leave shutter open for 5 seconds.
A little adjustments of highlights and shadows was all I did.

Ps. More on my flicker.
Peep the sig for the link.

With the polaroid film(s) coming back. Does anyone know if the 600 Film will be one of those??????

Asked this in another thread but maybe I can get an answer in here....

What do you call this visual style?...

10gwcog.jpg

161l4q8.jpg

Is there a technical term for this use of color often employed by Hype Williams and Scorsese?

^ gels. They're translucent colored plastic-like materials place in front of lights or flashes to alter the color of light. The first pic looks like some type of UV light though.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

^ gels. They're translucent colored plastic-like materials place in front of lights or flashes to alter the color of light. The first pic looks like some type of UV light though.

466364b840b64ae4586da19a75e066da8aa06763.gif

Thanks a lot.

That is just shooting photos with a black light on or some green lighting. If you have some sort of club lighting in a photo shoot, you'll get pics like that.

nice pics guys. gonna buy my own cam soon, the 60D supposed to drop soon so I might see how much a 40 or 50D is hittin for.

^40D is a great camera. If I were you, I would get a 40D and use any leftover money to invest in lenses. The 50D has some nice features over the 40D, but I don't think the couple extra features are worth a couple hundred bucks.

I was bored today so I decided to take some pics of my gear. These were taken with a Pentax Optio w20. Its a small point and shoot, and I'm quite impressed with its IQ.

Originally Posted by airjordanjack

^40D is a great camera. If I were you, I would get a 40D and use any leftover money to invest in lenses. The 50D has some nice features over the 40D, but I don't think the couple extra features are worth a couple hundred bucks.

I was bored today so I decided to take some pics of my gear. These were taken with a Pentax Optio w20. Its a small point and shoot, and I'm quite impressed with its IQ.

That FTb is clean, amigo. Great condition! I'm looking into an AE-1.

spxpiggy1.jpg

spxpiggy2.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My dude Ebay is up to. 
laugh.gif
Used to post heavy in this thread
[/font]

Originally Posted by jefffort5

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My dude Ebay is up to. 
laugh.gif
Used to post heavy in this thread
[/font]

Ebayologist shot that?!
roll.gif

Jack- Do you develop your own film? By the way, that bokeh is SICK. Is that with the 200L?

Good stuff as always, everyone.

Can I get some pointers for concert/show photography? I was at one the other night, but the stage was lit from the back with visuals. I tried to use my flash as least as possible, and having the ISO performance of a 6 year old digital doesn't help either. My shots were either at f/2.8 or 1.8 when taken without flash.
p680417532-3.jpg

p902848071-3.jpg

p639504922-4.jpg
p711193510-4.jpg

thanks
smile.gif

Originally Posted by alljayevryjay

Good stuff as always, everyone.

Can I get some pointers for concert/show photography? I was at one the other night, but the stage was lit from the back with visuals. I tried to use my flash as least as possible, and having the ISO performance of a 6 year old digital doesn't help either. My shots were either at f/2.8 or 1.8 when taken without flash.

thanks
smile.gif

I'm sorry to say that you're doing all the right things. In order to freeze the frame, the shutter speed has to be high, so therefore your ISO has to be high. I would recommend getting rid of the D70 and upgrade now before the value of it goes down too far. Otherwise you'd have to use the flash.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

my low light photography always come out blurry, whats really good?
50mm 1.4 + 30d
Photos with EXIF intact would help. If I recall correctly, you shoot at ISO1600 no matter what, so you should be able to bump the shutter speed up to a decent speed at f/1.4.  But like I said, can't really help without photos with EXIF data intact.

Back
Top Bottom