The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Keko Jones, what lenses are you using?
I have been using the walk around lens 24-105L.

However, some of the Images were taken 35L (Not Many)

and I also have 85L and 135L to complete my trinity ...

with the 70-200L II to complete my zoom.

Didn't bother buying a 5DIII as the upgrades did not suit my needs ... but I'm tempted to upgrade.

hyatt-1b.jpg

Nice Fong! I'm trying to get this effect with my D3100 but it's just not happening :smh:

That is a dope shot! Repped. What lens did you use on that one?

Went to treasure island last night and to my surprise my shot's came out eh. It was super windy so my tripod wasn't stable. Look's like I got some dust in my lens so I need to clean that out for the first time. Any tips?
I need to get a full frame asap. Exposure was 30sec f/14 iso 100 for both. Did 45 sec for the beam and the light flooded the pic. Tried getting that star effect but couldn't even come close to it :lol:.

Last edited:
^^^I just saw you post this on Instagram. My suggestion is to get a remote and shoot on bulb. I didn't need it for my pic above but you don't want to be limited to only 30 seconds on the camera. Also I know people say you can fix white balance on photoshop but I would suggest changing it before hand. If you have a Canon, go to the temperature options and got to about 3000k and adjust a little higher or lower. Then in photoshop or lightroom, you can get it to a bluer hue easier.

I still need to go shoot the East bound part of the bridge. I feel like I am the only one that hasn't yet.

EDIT: I didn't even read your post. I would set it at like f/22 but if the wind is kicking up, it'd be hard to wait that long to get a good shot. It's hard to just do long exposures at the wrong time of night.

Last edited:
That is a dope shot! Repped. What lens did you use on that one?

Went to treasure island last night and to my surprise my shot's came out eh. It was super windy so my tripod wasn't stable. Look's like I got some dust in my lens so I need to clean that out for the first time. Any tips?
I need to get a full frame asap. Exposure was 30sec f/14 iso 100 for both. Did 45 sec for the beam and the light flooded the pic. Tried getting that star effect but couldn't even come close to it
laugh.gif

That shot is a pano - just merged 4 images together and I used the 24-105L. Then I did a bit of editing in LR (Shot in L format so I couldnt get the most out the image). 

In regards to the stars - having a good lens will help in achiving those stars .. For example the 24-105L's stars are ****** compared to the 35L. The 35L gives you some amazing stars ....

Also investing in a good tripod is a must .. I just took mines out yesterday after a few years or not using it. Hate going to great places and doing a bootleg rig in order to take a long exposure .. lmao .... 

But try what Fong said and also try putting your camera in timer .. believe it or not - it helps a ton if you press the shutter and two seconds later it goes off ....

guys just want to get your thoughts on some motocross photos i took :smile:

This one is rad. I know the watermark is a must for some but it would look so much better without. would be cool to even get rid of the green color and make it look like the dust covered the whole picture. Looks nice though.

8296646873_a9768e9052_c.jpg

wow thanks for the inputs Fong! :smile: appreciate it greatly. I know, about the watermark haha got lazy with that. some of my friends had the same comments as you did.

on the green, do you suggest i do a color change or should i do some photoshop and spread the dust across the entire photo without covering the subject entirely? 

again, thank you very much :smile:

^^^I just saw you post this on Instagram. My suggestion is to get a remote and shoot on bulb. I didn't need it for my pic above but you don't want to be limited to only 30 seconds on the camera. Also I know people say you can fix white balance on photoshop but I would suggest changing it before hand. If you have a Canon, go to the temperature options and got to about 3000k and adjust a little higher or lower. Then in photoshop or lightroom, you can get it to a bluer hue easier.

I still need to go shoot the East bound part of the bridge. I feel like I am the only one that hasn't yet.

EDIT: I didn't even read your post. I would set it at like f/22 but if the wind is kicking up, it'd be hard to wait that long to get a good shot. It's hard to just do long exposures at the wrong time of night.

I had it on bulb and held the shutter down with my finger and was thinking about how much life would be easier if I had a remote haha. Definitely getting one as soon as i upgrade. Didn't go all the way up to f/22 but I'll try that next time.

That shot is a pano - just merged 4 images together and I used the 24-105L. Then I did a bit of editing in LR (Shot in L format so I couldnt get the most out the image). 

In regards to the stars - having a good lens will help in achiving those stars .. For example the 24-105L's stars are ****** compared to the 35L. The 35L gives you some amazing stars ....

Also investing in a good tripod is a must .. I just took mines out yesterday after a few years or not using it. Hate going to great places and doing a bootleg rig in order to take a long exposure .. lmao .... 

But try what Fong said and also try putting your camera in timer .. believe it or not - it helps a ton if you press the shutter and two seconds later it goes off ....

Nice! Figured it was a pano. The composition on this one is flawless.

wow thanks for the inputs Fong! :smile: appreciate it greatly. I know, about the watermark haha got lazy with that. some of my friends had the same comments as you did.

on the green, do you suggest i do a color change or should i do some photoshop and spread the dust across the entire photo without covering the subject entirely? 

Don't clone tool it. I guess just try and dull it down a bit. Color is pretty bold where it gets distracting in the back. If you know how, mask out the moto guy and see if you can isolate the background that is in green and turn it more yellow or desaturate it. Try just to have the moto guy in color. Would look better......imo.

Just bought the Canon 10-22mm for $457 shipped, refurbed from Canon :pimp:.

If anything happens, squaretrade it!

The Line to see the Mona Lisa up and personal ...

The Mona Lisa

A ceiling painting inside the Louvre Museum 

A painting that caught my eyes by Luis de Morales-Pieta 

^Your last two are great photos.

I'm so excited for the 10-22 to arrive...What a deal! Really wish the 17-55 was in stock though :frown: ..

I'm so excited for the 10-22 to arrive...What a deal! Really wish the 17-55 was in stock though
frown.gif
Thanks ...

The 1st img was to show you guys the freaking lines that be forming to see the Mona Lisa. The 2nd I wasn't so thrill about because the painting itself is behind a glass thus creating glare from the crowds ... but it is what it is ...

The 17-55 is an awesome piece of GLASS.. You need to put a filter right away as it collects dust like you wouldn't believe.

The 10-22 is cool, but the distortion is serious ....

I'm so excited for the 10-22 to arrive...What a deal! Really wish the 17-55 was in stock though :frown: ..

Thanks ...

The 1st img was to show you guys the freaking lines that be forming to see the Mona Lisa. The 2nd I wasn't so thrill about because the painting itself is behind a glass thus creating glare from the crowds ... but it is what it is ...

The 17-55 is an awesome piece of GLASS.. You need to put a filter right away as it collects dust like you wouldn't believe.

The 10-22 is cool, but the distortion is serious ....
I've had the 17-55 before and def. need the filter on it. L glass quality - - I miss it.

I actually love the distortion in the 10-22...I'm excited. I have a t3i so the 24-105 isn't as wide as I'd want.

I get a lot of glare in my photos (no filter), does anyone have a recommended filter? Using the 24-105 for now.

I think a punchy B&W would look sick...

What kind of editing did you do? I don't know how to edit; my editing consists of only brightness/contrast and white balance :lol:.

LOL I mainly messed with Lightroom and changed pretty much everything on the development module. Then I went to CS4 and used the clone stamp tool to clean up the floor a little bit and the side of the car to get the reflections of the people out.

should of been active in here didnt know about this thread. I do streetstyle photography and looking to get into other things. all critiques welcomed.

Back
Top Bottom