The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Fong - what camera are you shooting with?

I head you saying 2k, but I thought you was shooting with a cheaper camera .... don't even know why - I thought you had mentioned like a D90 or something ... SMH!

Speaking of bags, brought my Billingham to a wing place last night and got a bunch of chicken grease on the bottom :x

Fong - what camera are you shooting with?

I head you saying 2k, but I thought you was shooting with a cheaper camera .... don't even know why - I thought you had mentioned like a D90 or something ... SMH!

I got a Mark 2 almost a year ago now. Went back the Canon route and only because of money and how I couldn't get the D800. My D90 sits as a backup and only cause I don't have fisheye for my Canon and still like that look. Oddly I haven't shot with the D90 with that lens in almost a year as well but considering the money I'd get, I sort of don't think it is worth selling.

Believe it or not, I might get a Mark 3 soon depending on things. I am pretty disappointed in the auto focus with the Mark 2 regardless if I use back focus or not. I was shooting my backpack that I bought that laid on the ground at like f/5 and if you can believe it, there was a shot that just came out blurry. Mind you this is an object not moving and also had a light flashed on it and at ISO 800.

I got a Mark 2 almost a year ago now. Went back the Canon route and only because of money and how I couldn't get the D800. My D90 sits as a backup and only cause I don't have fisheye for my Canon and still like that look. Oddly I haven't shot with the D90 with that lens in almost a year as well but considering the money I'd get, I sort of don't think it is worth selling.

Believe it or not, I might get a Mark 3 soon depending on things. I am pretty disappointed in the auto focus with the Mark 2 regardless if I use back focus or not. I was shooting my backpack that I bought that laid on the ground at like f/5 and if you can believe it, there was a shot that just came out blurry. Mind you this is an object not moving and also had a light flashed on it and at ISO 800.
I think the MkII had an option where you can adjust the camera to your lens to be dead spot on the focus. I never have done it, but when it first came out I heard a bunch of people talking about. I never really looked into it!

I know its upside down - I was laying down when I shot it and, well thats the correct way .. call me loco!

Reactions: hod

I think the MkII had an option where you can adjust the camera to your lens to be dead spot on the focus. I never have done it, but when it first came out I heard a bunch of people talking about. I never really looked into it!
LensAlign's are a good way to fine tune focusing problems.

Amazon product ASIN B004G3PANY
It really gets to the more geeky side of photography and you are literally splitting hairs but for some lenses it's needed. My friends Nikkor 105mm was always constantly backfocusing but after lensaligning it, everything was tack sharp again.

There was a free print your own template that I think I saw on FStoppers if anyone wants to test out fine tuning their lenses on their own.

^^^Damn. I've never even heard of that thing. I'll look into that later.

Wonder if there have been any firmware updates. Granted I got my camera a year ago and I am not even sure if my camera is calibrated to the new one.

Keko, Love your vacay photos. I know you're happy with them. Thanks for sharing.

Did a club gig recently (A lot of Pics, sorry) School and Work have been keeping me busy but i stay lurking this thread.

HN5A0395 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A0423 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A1481 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A2939 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A1449 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A0464 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A2665 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A0569 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A1583 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A0612 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A2879 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A2362 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A2083 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

HN5A0630 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

Last edited:

Anyone have a recommendation for making collages on the computer?

Like instagram esque?
Get photoshop or something alike and it's a pretty simple ..

If I remember correctly - you open a blank canvas and the the size to a size that can fit all the pictures you want, then you open those images up and drag them in the canvas and place them where you want them. Finally you go to image > flatten image > resize for web. 

I haven't done it in a while, but when I get home tonight, I'll try it out!

This is photo related but on Instagram. Saw this dude that shoots in SF from some girl I follow and it's funny how there are so many people that shoot the same stuff in SF and even do it better. This guy makes my stuff look like crap. Also I need to get this steel wool thing out of my system cause I know it is a total cliche thing to do but I still think it looks cool.

http://instagram.com/sfstateofmind24

2f30610a22f111e3867a22000a9f1266_7.jpg
8ecd3a1c0b9411e3905922000ae9081c_7.jpg
d3456586037c11e3947622000a9e138b_7.jpg
9de7648effcb11e292b622000a1fb73b_7.jpg
09c7478cfe4b11e2b95c22000a1fb82f_7.jpg
5b814a94ee8f11e28a2722000a9f1925_7.jpg
afff30e2f27a11e2980b22000ae911a9_7.jpg
9fee2ba8edb711e2805c22000a9e0290_7.jpg
177def10a32011e280a722000a9e28dc_7.jpg'>

I developed two rolls of film today all by myself... it took me like 20 minutes to get the damn film onto the reel. Smh.

I also bought a scanner to turn my negatives into digital files.

It's the Epson Perfection V370.

100 bucks. Gets the job done.

Here is my favorite shot from the bunch... shot with a 2 dollar plastic Vivitar point & shoot.

Scanned and tweaked in PS.

I'm going to be shooting a lot more B&W film now... 4 bucks a roll is the only money I'll need to spend.

Developing/enlarging can be done at school and the scanning at home.

Like instagram esque?

Try Blogstomp, it's not free tho

Like instagram esque?

Get photoshop or something alike and it's a pretty simple ..

If I remember correctly - you open a blank canvas and the the size to a size that can fit all the pictures you want, then you open those images up and drag them in the canvas and place them where you want them. Finally you go to image > flatten image > resize for web. 

I haven't done it in a while, but when I get home tonight, I'll try it out!
Thanks fellas. Will upload a few pictures tonight...I definitely need some criticism. Be harsh -- It'll only help.

^ Man, those are friggin amazing. Wish I could take photos like that...Lately, I've been a little discouraged *throws pity party :smh:

I heard National Geographics Instagram is awesome. Someone said to follow it on my feed.

I'd work for that mag for a huge pay cut at what I do now.

Back
Top Bottom