The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

What ring flash did you use? Render nice lighting ... What f stop?
Thanks and I'm glad that it looked realistic. I actually didn't use a ring light, but the client wanted that look and I promised I could do it. Here is the OG image. Shot with 85mm 1.8 @ f/2.8

Sup fam , was in the market for a camera , have been looking on CL and seems to be some pretty good deals ,

From the listing - For sale is a Canon EOS ELAN 35mm SLR camera body and a Tamron AF 28-105mm, F4-5.6 IF zoom lens. Also included is a canon camera strap, a Canon GR-70 Grip Extender, and a Canon RC-1 remote control. Everything is in very good condition.

No pro here would just like a descent camera .

Thanks for any help

PRIME PRIME ya i did notice after reading through the ad it said Film camera, for sure would want a digital. hunt continues .

what do you guys think is a fair price on a DSLR used off CL?

i agree, "#NTphotography" could be the general tag to build a community. Specific hashtags can be created for various photo challenges we think of. I think it would be dope if we could it rolling. ill hashtag a few IG pics with it now for all those who are interested

PRIME PRIME ya i did notice after reading through the ad it said Film camera, for sure would want a digital. hunt continues .

That really depends on what you want. There are many different brands with many different models for beginners, hobbyists, and professionals. If you want a beginner kit, I've seen Nikon D3000/31000 with the kit lens for about $300-350. Personally I'd get a body only then search for the Nikon 35mm 1.8 lens. It's fairly inexpensive, it's better quality than the kit lens, plus a fixed length will help your composition and framing skills. Hope this helped.

That really depends on what you want. There are many different brands with many different models for beginners, hobbyists, and professionals. If you want a beginner kit, I've seen Nikon D3000/31000 with the kit lens for about $300-350. Personally I'd get a body only then search for the Nikon 35mm 1.8 lens. It's fairly inexpensive, it's better quality than the kit lens, plus a fixed length will help your composition and framing skills. Hope this helped.

I feel you, the 35mm 1.8 (or a nifty 50) is great affordable lens, however there is a reason most cameras come with kit (zoom) lenses...especially when just starting, shooting with a fixed lens with larger aperture can make difficult to get the focus right and can introduce maybe more complexity to the task of picture taking that could easily make for a frustrating image procuring experience! the versatility of the kit lens allows for a less steep learning curve, which is important to build confidence, and while the faster lenses can/will produce better image quality, starting with a zoom lens can help one figure out what focal lengths are more appealing to the picture taker i.e. wide vs. more narrow; composition & framing skillz are not exclusive to snapping pics w/prime lenses, not sure why people say that. generally the benefit of a fixed lens is better image quality & bigger apertures (so sharper images & better low light performance) compared to a zoom lens...all that to say, there are benefits to the kit lens and starting out it is very possible that one could prefer the versatility of said kit lens over the benefits of a prime lens...

as for cameras, like anything else, I'd recommend hitting up a local retailer and messing with whatever they have in-store to figure out likes & dislikes or even going into a camera store & talking with the associates (everyone has their own biases, and they'll definitely tell you!) and lastly checking out those camera makes reviews on the interwebs & their photos on flickr CAN give an idea of what a camera is capable of (though it can be difficult with post processing)...

What I've aquired over the past cpl months along with a manfrotto tripod, oben monopod, and joby gorillapod. I plan on picking up a canon 430 ex sometime next week

What I've aquired over the past cpl months along with a manfrotto tripod, oben monopod, and joby gorillapod. I plan on picking up a canon 430 ex sometime next week

Wow. What sort of body is that? That's a lot of money in one pic.

Had a layover at LGB today on the way to Sac.

I love airport seats for some reason.

Typical IN-N-Out

EOS-M

This photo is :smokin If the guy wasn't in it, it would be that much better. Great shot though.

Last edited:
New to the thread..

Been interested in photography for awhile.

I'm still relatively new to photography

Started with film camera,then Got a DSLR camera for a Christmas gift.

Some pics I recently taken, Feel free to C&C.

Last edited:
Shot Nervo and Carnage at Ruby Skye SF over New Years:

Nervo

Carnage
http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/723822/[img]

[img]http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/723823/

I am still looking for deals on some eye-fi cards. Glad to see other brands hopping on that trend. Hopefully prices start dropping soon.

@arsenalGUNNER1 I think I asked you this before but how'd you get the press pass for shooting at Ruby Skye? I swear I need to get on that for some venues. Would make life easier for me to shoot something with access to the stage.

Last edited:
@arsenalGUNNER1 I think I asked you this before but how'd you get the press pass for shooting at Ruby Skye? I swear I need to get on that for some venues. Would make life easier for me to shoot something with access to the stage.

One of the resident Dj's followed me on Twitter and I just kept messaging him until he gave me a chance. I might be able to bring you along sometime if you'd like?

Back
Top Bottom