The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Yeah.....get a tripod when shooting that stuff. I'd rather shoot lower ISO too. Sharpness will be there as long as the camera is not shaking. You can even stack images to a degree to get some details in the shadows. I guess that is pretty much doing it as an HDR but depending on the exposures you shoot it in, it won't look as over processed.

^
9 stop ND filter. Wish I had something darker, even at f22 it only allowed a 7.5 second shutter speed

^
9 stop ND filter. Wish I had something darker, even at f22 it only allowed a 7.5 second shutter speed

Did you stack that image? Would think the clouds would be more milkier.

Crazy how some people get like a 30 second exposure on some ND filters. Would think the filter would be pitch black and not pick up any light.

Did you stack that image? Would think the clouds would be more milkier.

Crazy how some people get like a 30 second exposure on some ND filters. Would think the filter would be pitch black and not pick up any light.

Just a single photo. Even a 9 stop is so dark it's tough to focus through, anything darker must be pretty much opaque :lol:

messing around with the macro attachment from the 0.45x wide angle lens.

^^^Yeah, something like that. Even darker would be more interesting. Honestly I am not even a 100% sure how to shoot something like that cause I've tried it and never quite get a good balance of light and dark. Maybe even a little HDR would have helped.

These are some examples I pulled from Google:

old-room-abandoned-places-room-with-a-bed-gary-heller.jpg
amazing-old-and-abandoned-house.jpg
abandoned-places-asylum-old-windows-waiting-room-gary-heller.jpg
abandoned_01.jpg
abandoned-building-old-asylum-open-cabinet-doors-gary-heller.jpg

To be honest it looks like its more exposure of outside and then post processing on the inside

To be honest it looks like its more exposure of outside and then post processing on the inside

I think it was underexposed and then the highlights/exposure was brought up in LR. Could be wrong but just my thoughts.

Dope shots of the mosque and SF up there!

Shot of my friend while at the airport. He happened to stand under the light without knowing it and I snapped the pic. Thought it came out pretty nice. Loving the 6D so far! Definitely an upgrade from the D3200.

Edit:

Original:

Last edited:
[thread="223538"]<a data-huddler-embed="href" href="https://niketalk.com/members/120804" style="display:inline-block;">@koolaidgeorge</a>
[/thread]
[thread="223538"]Thanks man! I'm not really used to just walking around for the sake of snapping pics, I definitely need to practice.[/thread]
[thread="223538"]I shot all of those with a Nikon D3200 paired with a 35 f/1.8G[/thread]

You'll have a lot of fun with that 35mm.

just starting to put my t3i + lightroom to work. so many nice shots on this thread!!

can anyone recommend a good tripod for my t3i? i went the cheap route and bought Amazon product ASIN B001MYL1B0 - the biggest problem with this is that the camera will slowly start tipping either to the left or right. any suggestions pls?!

Dawgs....why im i not rich! :frown:

Body is 2k and this is the lense I believe

The idea of a 1.4 lense packed into such a small discreet camera makes my heart pound, not to mention how beautifully crafted that thing is...

Back
Top Bottom