The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Dawgs....why im i not rich! :frown:

Body is 2k and this is the lense I believe

The idea of a 1.4 lense packed into such a small discreet camera makes my heart pound, not to mention how beautifully crafted that thing is...

that camera body is sweet, the unibody construction is pretty insane, and has dope detailing with the strap and case design...but that price tag tho, and with it being primarily a touch interface...somewhat attainable luxury I guess?

with the talk of stacking photos, does anyone stack handheld shots?

Pic I took from my jog this morning. Up on my ig

I need to really try that ND filter hack. I saw that on another video. It seems so easy to find something like a tinted glass panel and for cheaper then buying it as a filter.

Leica's are literally the best effing camera I have EVER used. Literally you can take a picture of poop, and that **** will come out sick AF. 

That bokeh hack is pretty cool, will try that out sometime. Not sure if I would want to put vaseline on a filter though...unless it was a cheap one.

[COLOR=#red]still getting used to my a6000 but one thing for sure this mofo is extremely fast!! A true 11fps in full 24mp resolution with each shot focused even with a moving subject and it buffers up to 59 JPEG and 25 RAW images. In continuous autofocus mode which works in stills and video it uses any one of its 179 focus points and adjusts smoothly and quietly...there's even a setting where you can tell it how fast you want it to transition from different focus areas .The new image processor Bionz X is showing it's worth. Only thing holding this camera back is the average at best kit lens. When I get some real glass I'll post some pics...just happy to see this cam isn't a gimmick.

[/COLOR]

Couple from the winter using a T3i w/ kit lens.

Untitled by _sym, on Flickr

Rushed attempt at product photography for a friends portfolio he needed done the next day. Really had no equipment or idea on how to take a proper product shot and only had the kit lens at the time. Would really appreciate any tips on what type of lights, equipment, etc... I would need for the future. White gold with 8 black diamonds at 2 ct each. If anyone needs a link on jewelry in Toronto hit me up :wink:

Testing out 105mm Micron with a D5200. Lens is crazy sharp.

Last edited:
GuessTheFormat is an experiment for photographers: can you tell the difference between camera sensor formats just by looking at a photo?

Does sensor format really matter as much as many photographers think it does? Is an image from a full-frame camera really distinguishable from one taken with an APS-C camera? Perhaps not as easily as you think.

Head over to the photo page to test your identification skills, or check out the stats page to see how different formats measure up against each other.

[COLOR=#red]For those who think they can tell the difference between photographs taken by Full Frame, APS-C, or Micro 4/3 take this image test from http://www.guesstheformat.com . You'll be surprised by the results.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]For those who think they can tell the difference between photographs taken by Full Frame, APS-C, or Micro 4/3 take this image test from http://www.guesstheformat.com . You'll be surprised by the results.[/COLOR]

That website doesn't test cameras properly. Of course sensors matter but it also depends on what type of shooter you are. No one said you can't take a mirrorless or even a compact and shoot proper photos during the daylight. If you line them all up next together, I am sure each photo would look similar. Take all those different cameras and shoot say a concert. You'll definitely know which camera is what then. It also definitely depends on the photographer as well. Some people can just make the most out of a bad camera where there are others (even myself) that have the best equipment and do very little with it. Also factor in something like printing photos as well. All this web stuff is one thing but shooting for print is a very different medium. You would want the best camera and pixel count for something like that rather then something else.

Back
Top Bottom