The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Finally made that gallery I always wanted online. The autoviewer code is slick. I want to add a blog to it somehow. Check it out, just some recent shots nothing serious. www.staticmotion.ca 

How do you guys have so many Ls?
frown.gif
What jobs do you guys have?!

I'll probably buy a 50mm 1.4 soon...17-55mm 2.8 and 50mm 1.4 will be what I can afford for now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Luong1209

frown.gif

I'll probably buy a 50mm 1.4 soon...17-55mm 2.8 and 50mm 1.4 will be what I can afford for now
laugh.gif

17-55mm is a beast
pimp.gif

i just got a pentax slr...i need to start getting into photography. but just the manual is a bible and with working and two kids it's hard to find time to learn the odds and ends

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

Originally Posted by Luong1209

frown.gif

laugh.gif

17-55mm is a beast
pimp.gif
I loved my 17-55. I gave it along with my 50 1.4 and 40D to my sis. Once I got the taste of my first L lens (24-70, which has now been sold), I've never looked back. The only non-L I might give a shot is the Simga 24 1.8...but I think I'll just keep my 24L and sell my 50L. 24, 35, 85 should be a beast of a setup.

I have a photography class atm and we have to do this project and I just want to make sure some things are right:

A figure that's backlit is a person who has his back to the sun right?
And what would be an abstract image and what's a positive image with a lot of negative space?

And lastly, which of these is the better photo in your opinion to hand in for a close-up of flower/plants?
ilalas.jpg

or

15hfwhw.jpg

Originally Posted by SoleAsian

I have a photography class atm and we have to do this project and I just want to make sure some things are right:

And what would be an abstract image and what's a positive image with a lot of negative space?

And lastly, which of these is the better photo in your opinion to hand in for a close-up of flower/plants?

or
Not a photo major/still a beginner but these are my guesses,

Abstract image - I would it imagine it to be just that, abstract. A picture of a subject from a perspective that is never seen before, a unique view, I think it could be almost anything you want it to be.
Positive image/Negative space - having a subject about in one of the thirds of the frame and having the rest of the frame empty (blank space).

and imo, I would try to take a picture of a flower that has already has blossomed or a potted plant. To me they don't seem focused and they aren't very interesting plants. DOF is nice on the first one though

Maybe someone of greater photography knowledge could answer your questions but if in doubt you could always google it
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lauk4kicks

Originally Posted by SoleAsian

Abstract image - I would it imagine it to be just that, abstract. A picture of a subject from a perspective that is never seen before, a unique view, I think it could be almost anything you want it to be.
Positive image/Negative space - having a subject about in one of the thirds of the frame and having the rest of the frame empty (blank space).
Your assumption to being backlit is correct, although it doesn't have to be the sun. It can be any light source.

An abstract image would be a photo in which the subject is not immediately discernible.

For instance-- this is skin from a person.
Spoiler [+]

Positive image/negative space: Negative space is dominant.

Neither photo. The subject matter is boring and neither one is really in focus. Walk around and find something ultra-colorful.

Bana-- Never disappoints. Dope.

I have no idea. Saw on another forum about nice photos with naked chicks. That one just stuck me as the oddest photo ever but it has that crazy artistic element to it. I just can only imagine what the photographer said. "Trip naked and perch yourself on top of that broken TV."

That nude photo looks like a rendition of Mario Testino's "Working Girls". I'm not going to post pics. i dont want to get banned. haha

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I have no idea. Saw on another forum about nice photos with naked chicks. That one just stuck me as the oddest photo ever but it has that crazy artistic element to it. I just can only imagine what the photographer said. "Trip naked and perch yourself on top of that broken TV."

Link sir

Back
Top Bottom