The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I just played with the Polar Preset in LR with some tweaking... Not much a difference, but something different from what I would of have done.

Last edited:

First time shooting in studio...I think I should have uploaded this directly from my Mac
image by Jason Visions, on Flickr

I think some sort of floor lament would've set this straight, the cord running across the baseboard is a drawback. However, the lighting looks on point. Created a perfect shadow.

On another note, as promised I did take the 85mm out for some dusk shooting, I wanted to capture some night shots, but I got a family emergency call. Here's 4 and the before and afters. Still not a big fan of this white balance crap.

Manhattan by TooLegit4Kicks, on Flickr

Manhattan by TooLegit4Kicks, on Flickr

Saint Mychal by TooLegit4Kicks, on Flickr

Saint Mychal by TooLegit4Kicks, on Flickr

Interesting, another idea you could've went with would've been to use that first pose at a closer range. If that tattoo on the arm is of any significance, then that would be a great starting point. Bring down the chin some, further extend the arch to create an obtuse triangle. I mean the pose is right, but it's too much dead space in that shot. But like I said, the lighting is on point. So I definitely wouldn't make any adjustments to that. Subject has a strong facial structure so I would try focusing on expressions of a more serious stature. Then mess with the contrast and clarity, while properly creating shadows on one side of the face.

Thanks man. Thinking about getting into shooting models and the angles and direction is totally different to me.

a couple from today

any way to select an area to adjust exposure in light room? for instance the sky in the last
photo.

^Graduated Filter (Press M for the keyboard shortcut). Drag it down from the top to the bottom of where you want it.

a couple from today

any way to select an area to adjust exposure in light room? for instance the sky in the last
photo.

Increase your shutter speed next time when shooting movement and try iso 800.

As already said as far as your question, you could also just use the local adjustment brush and tune the exposure settings.

Taken with my G3 and touched up with snapseed

Nothing special

Last edited:
trying to help one of my good friends out by getting more followers/exposure on instagram. shes currently one of the photographers for the LA Galaxy soccer team and also shoots random stuff on the side as well. her IG is instagram.com/hanaasano and she also started a page just for her sports pictures which is instagram.com/organikjocks. if you guys have any feedback i can give her feel free to leave it here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom