The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Can someone please help me in finding this tripod or something like it? Thanks

sirui monopod

I was thinking about getting the 35mm f1.4 from sigma but now I want the 17-50mm f2.8 from sigma since I'll be getting more use out of that. I already have the 28mm 1.8 which barely gets used but I need to start using it more.

Edit: After looking the 17-50mm isn't even made for the 6D. Guess I gotta go the canon route.

Last edited:
I was thinking about getting the 35mm f1.4 from sigma but now I want the 17-50mm f2.8 from sigma since I'll be getting more use out of that. I already have the 28mm 1.8 which barely gets used but I need to start using it more.

Edit: After looking the 17-50mm isn't even made for the 6D. Guess I gotta go the canon route.
That's cause it's a crop focal length for equivalent field of view of a 24-70mm. Sigma makes a 24-70mm just grab that if your still looking for an all around lens

^Saw that VLE1 video you posted. It's awesome stuff! I really enjoyed the behind the scenes aspect of it and how the different photographers gave advice to amateur photogs. All those guys produce some amazing stuff.

Decided to catch the sunrise today. First time doing that for me. These are straight out of the camera

Car broken into got my sony/zeiss 55mm 1.8 stolen :smh:

Gone for 5 min in daylight. Be cautious out there gentlemen.

Sorry to hear that. Man I never leave my gear in my car. I'll walk around with my pack on my side all day before I do.

Need help understanding something. Why do full frame cameras have lower MP? I'm considering getting a Nikon DF

Need help understanding something. Why do full frame cameras have lower MP? I'm considering getting a Nikon DF
I wouldn't say that necessarily. Look at the D810. Crop sensor cameras seem to be released more frequently and the MP count keeps the average consumer thinking that it is necessarily a better camera. I also recall hearing somewhere that the lower megapixel count actually performs better in lower higher ISO situations.

Sony's a7R is a full frame mirrorless camera with 36.4MP and the Canon 1DX (which is a pro body costs 6 times the a7R) is 18.1MP. I have heard tons of different reasons why but honestly at the end of the day the biggest pro of having all the extra megapixels would be to crop in post. The MP doesn't mean it is a better camera compared to popular belief. The Nokia Lumia (a smartphone) is 41 MP and takes average pictures. So with all that said, who cares about the MP, it is honestly something I don't even consider when purchasing a camera.

Not sure what cameras you're talking about but most full frame camera bodies now a days are 12MP or higher.

Here's my take on on MP's. Honestly MP's don't really mean much unless you're printing for the most part. People love to make a big deal on how many MP's but honestly it's not a big deal. You only really need 6MP's or higher. Higher MP's give you more noise/grain as well. I've been shooting with a D700 and it's 12MP's but I recently got a D800 and that camera body has 36.3MP's. Like that way over board and it takes so long for uploading & post processing compared to the D700's 12MP's. Either way people have their take on it and I always never saw why people needed so many MP's unless you need that resolution or printing purposes. I mean aren't you going to resize the images anyways?

Sony's a7R is a full frame mirrorless camera with 36.4MP and the Canon 1DX (which is a pro body costs 6 times the a7R) is 18.1MP. I have heard tons of different reasons why but honestly at the end of the day the biggest pro of having all the extra megapixels would be to crop in post. The MP doesn't mean it is a better camera compared to popular belief. The Nokia Lumia (a smartphone) is 41 MP and takes average pictures. So with all that said, who cares about the MP, it is honestly something I don't even consider when purchasing a camera.
smokin.gif
 Yeap.

Guess I should have acknowledged that fullnframes do offer higher MPs. Just always wondered why some of them were lower.

All responses are appreciated, def gon take it all into account in my next camera purchase. I do plan on working more toward print work but nothing larger than a good size canvas. Just gotta find a solid full frame to step up to

You only really need 6MP's or higher. Higher MP's give you more noise/grain as well
So if higher MPs produce more noise/grain would shooting at a smaller image size be better, especially at high ISOs?
For me no. You always want to shoot at the largest possible size. In this case, I always shoot RAW no matter what since I'm going to convert the image/images to JPEG. anyways. 

Back
Top Bottom