The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

4465939931_f4d4bb946f_b.jpg
moar of this one bana
nerd.gif

Bana-- I'll be back in SoFla in May. I need to find out where you're hanging out to get dope locations. I'm actually thinking about selling my 1DsII for the 5DII.

As for the 50mm f/1.8 question-- Everything. I use it for damn near everything. Portraits is what it's best for. Not so much for landscapes or anything requiring a wide angle, but a nifty fifty is your best friend. Learn to love it.

Originally Posted by Kicks R Me

I just got access to a 17-40 F4L for my XSI. Does anyone else with an XSI have this lens? I quickly tried it out today but I can't seem to see the difference in quality between this lens and my kit? Anyone have any tips on getting the best shots using this lens with an xsi?
The difference is premium build and glass, and the fact that it's f/4 the whole way through the range. The kit lens will never be as sharp as any L lens, but if you're not doing prints or shooting in low light then you may never notice a difference.

First pic taken with my new XSi with kit lens + UV filter. Setting is auto because I am a noob; its not a very good picture I know---so any tips would be appreciated.

You should have shot with a wider aperture to attain the desired depth of field. The file says that it was shot at F9.

Ok thanks Mang, will do --- this is my first camera, and a DSLR at that, so it can be quite confusing.

Question regarding HD VIDEO:

i got a couple videos from my cam that are MORE than 500MB,
was wondering if anyone knows where i can upload them? or how to condense these videos?
i have tried Flickr and Vimeo but their limits are 500MB

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

I just got access to a 17-40 F4L for my XSI. Does anyone else with an XSI have this lens? I quickly tried it out today but I can't seem to see the difference in quality between this lens and my kit? Anyone have any tips on getting the best shots using this lens with an xsi?
The difference is premium build and glass, and the fact that it's f/4 the whole way through the range. The kit lens will never be as sharp as any L lens, but if you're not doing prints or shooting in low light then you may never notice a difference.
Yah im mostly shooting for web right now, so I guess I'm not really seeing the difference yet.  Below are a few shots I took with the 17-40.

4468377206_20a8083711_o.jpg

4467602455_67f6a95cbc_o.jpg

4468377064_0730d85fda_o.jpg

4470961108_352397aa6b_o.jpg

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

4463833658_135ac231bc_b.jpg

4467692718_aa475b176d_b.jpg
Hey Air Philippines,

Great shots.  Kinda off topic but do you go to a lot of Drift events?  Formula D?  I'll be at all the Formula D events this season starting with Long Beach in April 9-10.  Maybe I'll see ya around, I'll be working mostly in and around the EA tent. 

Originally Posted by obie21

Question regarding HD VIDEO:

i got a couple videos from my cam that are MORE than 500MB,
was wondering if anyone knows where i can upload them? or how to condense these videos?
i have tried Flickr and Vimeo but their limits are 500MB

Pay for the Vimeo premium package. It allows I think up to 2gb uploads. I know it is $60 a year but if you are uploading a lot, it is worth it. What really sucks is it has a HD embed cap...which means you are only allowed so many HD embeddeds till you run out and pay for more.

Also you can try youtube. Not sure about there stuff but they might be worth looking into.

Originally Posted by obie21

Originally Posted by DJ Entendre

^Thurz & Y-O are some good people, cool friends of mine.. they killed the shows they did down here last week. I'll post pics later

word. good dudes, they put on an amazing live show. had to ask em if they were NT members
laugh.gif
I know Thurz is and Y-O is an OG from back in the day, I doubt he still comes on here though
tumblr_l01mm2y77n1qaxzd0o1_500.jpg

4472513837_5347b1b119_o.jpg

From a T-shirt release party we had yesterday..
20090328-img_4722.jpg
20090328-img_4718.jpg

4473282116_abf7814d05_o.jpg

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines
Hey Air Philippines,

Great shots.  Kinda off topic but do you go to a lot of Drift events?  Formula D?  I'll be at all the Formula D events this season starting with Long Beach in April 9-10.  Maybe I'll see ya around, I'll be working mostly in and around the EA tent. 
Yeah I'll be there, are you working in the booth? I wish I was able to get a press pass though, I'll see if a guy I know can get me one.

Back
Top Bottom