The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Shooting in the woods is actually really hard. I really sort of want to master it but hard to get out of the city with no car. Only one I really got that was worth posting. Wish I had a super wide angle lens though.

i can imagine there to be quite a few things that make it a difficult environment to shoot in...

Woah, amazing! But where is this?

just a subway/train station stop out here in boston

Attempted to go shooting around a lake I usually ride my motorcycle by. Waaaaayyyy too cold out here. Didn't help that i didn't have gloves on. Spring can't come soon enough.

EDIT: Hold up I don't have this flickr thing down yet lol

Yeah, I have no clue what I'm doing with this flickr embed stuff. Someone wanna help me out? I tried using that BBCode that was suggested in an earlier post and that didn't work out so well...

Last edited:
Stopping by the leigon of honor and my dream house in sea cliff to see what kind of shots I can get.

Attempted to go shooting around a lake I usually ride my motorcycle by. Waaaaayyyy too cold out here. Didn't help that i didn't have gloves on. Spring can't come soon enough.

EDIT: Hold up I don't have this flickr thing down yet lol
Yeah, I have no clue what I'm doing with this flickr embed stuff. Someone wanna help me out? I tried using that BBCode that was suggested in an earlier post and that didn't work out so well...

You got some dust on your sensor, homie!

benzilla427 benzilla427 Just copy and past the BBC code onto here, You don't need to put the IMG code for when you're uploading a picture from your computer. "
" Isn't needed.

You got some dust on your sensor, homie!
Yeah, all my stuff is long overdue for a cleaning...I'll probably do it right now before it gets any worse.
@bscarrillo427 Just copy and past the BBC code onto here, You don't need to put the IMG code for when you're uploading a picture from your computer. "
" Isn't needed.
Pretty sure I tried that with no luck, the code just shows up instead, kinda like this.

DSC_2044-3 by benzilla427, on Flickr

Code is straight from flickr. Oh well, not a huge deal. I can upload straight from my laptop like I've been doing.

Two options, you can use the html link.

OR ..

Go to Niketalk settings, and make sure BBcode editor is selected under Forums > Preferred editor if you want to use the BBcode link from Flickr.
Thank you! HTML didn't work for me for some reason, but changing my preferences allowed BBcode to work just fine. 
nthat.gif

looking for a mid-range zoom lens ( i have a Nikon D610)

1. Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8

2. Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8

whats the better choice?

Haven't Shot any photos in a little while but I did just get to spend some time with some All Star Shoes from this year.

Question-I'm converting an image to B&W and filing in the color from the background. How to I go backwards and unfill the color making it go back to black and white? I tried changing the background and foreground colors but didn't work.

Edit: Didn't use a different layer :facepalm

Last edited:
looking for a mid-range zoom lens ( i have a Nikon D610)

1. Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8

2. Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8

whats the better choice?
Better choice really just depends on what you want.

On one hand the Nikon is sharper in the corners from what I've read.

On the other hand, the Tamron has image stabilization.

I'm not a pixel peeper (and I doubt anyone is gonna try doing 100% crop from there phone on instagram) so I really don't see a benefit in getting the Nikon over the Tamron. I'd get this lens to use it wide open so I don't care about corner sharpness if they're not a focal point; they'll be blurred out anyway. Would be better if you're using it for landscapes though.

I'd go with the Tamron and pocket the 600-700 that would've been used for the Nikon.

looking to make the jump to full frame from my 60d very soon and was really reeeeeally want the Mark III, but don't know if i can justify the price jump.  I think I have my eyes on a Mark II, but was just curious was to what I'm really missing out on.  Primarily just shoot stills, specializing in portrait and travel.  Is it really worth saving up almost double the cost for the Mark III?

looking to make the jump to full frame from my 60d very soon and was really reeeeeally want the Mark III, but don't know if i can justify the price jump.  I think I have my eyes on a Mark II, but was just curious was to what I'm really missing out on.  Primarily just shoot stills, specializing in portrait and travel.  Is it really worth saving up almost double the cost for the Mark III?

6d would be better bro, and much less cheaper too

Back
Top Bottom