The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

picked up these two today

Induro CT213 CF tripod

Benro V1 Ball Head

The CF tripod is light as ****

^How much did that run you? How sturdy is it, or should I ask will it move around when it's windy?

^How much did that run you? How sturdy is it, or should I ask will it move around when it's windy?
the tripod was $387 and the ball head was $164.

Its pretty sturdy. The Legs are wrapped around by 8 layers of Carbon Fiber. The max load is about 26 lbs

the tripod was $387 and the ball head was $164.

Its pretty sturdy. The Legs are wrapped around by 8 layers of Carbon Fiber. The max load is about 26 lbs

Ouch that's some serious damage. I was thinking of getting a manfrotto in the future but didn't want to go past the 250 mark.

hate it when I have to jump thru hopes to post something with limited IQ lost ...

ugh

Last edited:

was going through my pics and i found this shot in 2006-7 was in korea town when the hills were burning

Last edited:
Keko brought up a good point. How do you post without losing all the image quality? The stuff I post on here always looks way worse than what it looks on Flickr.

Last edited:
I miss shooting. Fong, you still work at the same place we met up for the Chrome bag on Market?

Didn't you cop the 6D too? I am actually moving jobs soon. Going to be on Davis and California area. Kind of near those Irish bars Schroeders and Harringtons.

Fong I was looking for the pictures of your NYC trip and couldn't find it. I want to see something in the image of the bridge I posted. Do you mind posting it again it via pm?

This one?

big-city-of-dreams-9.png

Yours definitely has a nice range . I actually like the harsh contrast to it. Looks nice man.
yes, that's the one. I actually wanted to see if that annoying light you see at right of mines was there before. I dont see it on yours. I actually shot this bridge a bunch of time but on the other side and it wasn't the subject. I'm glad you shot it and posted because if not I wouldn't have stop there on my way to queens. I saw it and said let me check it out. Thanks man ....

PS .. What lens .. Like your stars ..

Last edited:
[/quote]I just exchanged the tripod for a slightly more taller version. The one i had bought was a lil short for me considering that i'm 6'4. I was crouching over.[/quote]
I mentioned that in my original post before I edited haha. This goes for everyone. Always factor in your height relative to the tripod. Better to have one thats a little taller than you need than one thats a bit short.

What legs did you pick up?

I mentioned that in my original post before I edited haha. This goes for everyone. Always factor in your height relative to the tripod. Better to have one thats a little taller than you need than one thats a bit short.

What legs did you pick up?

I picked up the Induro CT314. It came with 4 leg sections. Its about 63" max height w/o the column extension, so its right up above my chest, then you add the ball head and the camera and its damn near at eye level. Don't have to lean over or anything, its perfect. Don't have to extend the column at all

I'm thinking of getting a shorter column so i can be able to take photos closer to the floor

Last edited:
Great shots in here as always. Do any of you have Instagram where you post your shots?

Looking to follow some people. I post strictly my photos from my travels

@watchingtvintheforest

Back
Top Bottom