The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I miss shooting. Fong, you still work at the same place we met up for the Chrome bag on Market?

Didn't you cop the 6D too? I am actually moving jobs soon. Going to be on Davis and California area. Kind of near those Irish bars Schroeders and Harringtons.
Yeah I did, but extremely lazy since i started working full time.

I booked a flight for Hawaii next year, so I'll definitely have some shots then :lol:.

i recently got into photography as a hobby. i'm saving up for a nifty camera for my birthday.

for now, these are very basic iphone 6 shots edited with vsco, lightroom, or the instagram app. 
laugh.gif

Yeah I did, but extremely lazy since i started working full time.

I booked a flight for Hawaii next year, so I'll definitely have some shots then :lol:.

I understand man. Work kills me as well. Hawaii will be fun. Lot's of good stuff there. Peep the guy below. He lives in Hawaii and puts up some cool spots if you can find them:

https://instagram.com/thejerrk/

Get a underwater cam too!

10748237_1499360507004229_662740321_n.jpg
10369511_706239926079006_1713682470_n.jpg

:pimp: What do you use to edit all your photos if you don't mind me asking?

Mostly Photoshop but use VSCO on my phone too actually.

Some photos over the weekend. The last one is shot with the Tamron. Still haven't shot a lot with it but the camera is sharp. Pretty pleased with it.

sf-city-1.png
east-bay-bridge-1.png
treasuer-island-1.png

Hi All,

Great work in here.

So I gave my brother my Canon t2i, which I loved, and now I'm in the market for a new DSLR.
But, I'm thinking to not get the big bulky Canon or Nikon, is there any other brand that takes the quality pics without the size?

Opinions on the Sony Alpha A6000?

I prefer one where I can still switch the Lens.

Please advise. Budget is probably 500-700.

Last edited:
I really like my A6000. I use it for everyday carry. Comes with the Kit Lens, its OK but not great. Can invest in other lenses as you desire.

I really like my A6000. I use it for everyday carry. Comes with the Kit Lens, its OK but not great. Can invest in other lenses as you desire.

Thank you.

I'll be travelling alot this year, everything I read makes me want it.

Do you recommend a good lens for landscapes or city pics?

Going to New York, Baltimore, Seattle this year. :smile:

Hi All,

Great work in here.

So I gave my brother my Canon t2i, which I loved, and now I'm in the market for a new DSLR.
But, I'm thinking to not get the big bulky Canon or Nikon, is there any other brand that takes the quality pics without the size?

Opinions on the Sony Alpha A6000?

I prefer one where I can still switch the Lens.

Please advise. Budget is probably 500-700.
I would of have helped you out, but I'm still waiting on sample pictures from EWS or however you spell his name.

Thank you.

I'll be travelling alot this year, everything I read makes me want it.

Do you recommend a good lens for landscapes or city pics?

Going to New York, Baltimore, Seattle this year. :smile:

Got the A6000 last year. I bought it with a 50mm lens. I like the lens but I think I prefer the kit lens because I can zoom in and out. Might be getting one soon. The 50mm makes me have to work to get the shot which isnt bad but sometimes I can't stand far back enough to get the full subject I want.

Examples of some pics with it:

Miami Skyline by 305Flash, on Flickr

Untitled by 305Flash, on Flickr

Chicago River by 305Flash, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just to show a comparison of shots from one lens to the other. I actually almost forgot how odd it is to shoot so wide. The photo below was shot with the 24mm. Just notice how different the perspective is. The 24mm almost looks like a flat lens and the 15mm looks like a vacuum is sucking in the background. The look is definitely not for everyone. I actually think the 24mm works better in this case. Also notice Tamron's star burst on the lights. Way different compared to the Canon.

t-i-3.jpg

And speaking of 24mm, Canon Rumors just did a review on the Sigma 24mm art lens and it looks to be a solid lens at the price: http://www.canonrumors.com/reviews/review-sigma-24mm-f1-4-dg-art/

I feel like a Sigma 85mm Art is almost guaranteed with a line up of 24, 35 and 50 already.

I might take a look at the Sigma 24 Art, but I've heard nothing but great things from people who own the 24L.

Back
Top Bottom