The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Went downtown and checked out the Draft Town here in Chicago today..not my best work since it was packed but got a few decent pics while I was there. Super cool having the draft in town.

NFL Draft Town_2 by Trent D., on Flickr

NFL Draft Town_1 by Trent D., on Flickr

NFL Draft Town_3 by Trent D., on Flickr

NFL Draft Town_4 by Trent D., on Flickr

NFL Draft Town_6 by Trent D., on Flickr

NFL Draft Town_7 by Trent D., on Flickr

Buckingham Fountain by Trent D., on Flickr

Blue Line by Trent D., on Flickr

Randoms from today

Couple of pics taken on my iPhone couple months ago. Will be bringing the camera to NYC this summer hoping to get better pics

How do you guys deliver images to clients? For the longest time I have been exporting a proof sheet from Lightroom as a pdf and emailing it to clients, then using wetransfer.com to send the images when done. Now I have been messing with Cloudspot, which so far I like but feel like it is lacking a few things. Also, anybody have any thoughts on Jpegmini?

How do you guys deliver images to clients? For the longest time I have been exporting a proof sheet from Lightroom as a pdf and emailing it to clients, then using wetransfer.com to send the images when done. Now I have been messing with Cloudspot, which so far I like but feel like it is lacking a few things. Also, anybody have any thoughts on Jpegmini?

I was just having this conversation with a friend, who asked me about doing large parties and formal events together (an even 50/50 split)....she told me she buys USB drives in bulk from amazon, and delivers pictures in that way. Im curious as well how everyone else operates.

I was just having this conversation with a friend, who asked me about doing large parties and formal events together (an even 50/50 split)....she told me she buys USB drives in bulk from amazon, and delivers pictures in that way. Im curious as well how everyone else operates.

I've been really messing up. Especially that I'm getting better and trying to build a brand, I need to slow things down. I have been sending whoever I shoot (tfp) all of the images to choose whatever they want edited. The better I get the bigger a mistake it becomes because without fail they usually pick the worst pics. This is going to be my top priority, culling images. I need to also restrict the amount of images that I give out. TFP sessions usually get 5 edits and whatever images they want. Strongly considering 5 edits and 15 others. I need to tighten up the business end...pause...

If i was working full-time, I would us Pass http://pass.us/ . A friend of mine who shoots about 30 weddings a year uses this service and swears by it. After letting me check it out I was hooked and said I would revisit it when the time came. For now I do the same with proofs and I have used CD's in the past but have used USB for bigger clients. I also use my own site to host images, you can't save the images but you can't stop clients from taking screenshots.

If i was working full-time, I would us Pass http://pass.us/ . A friend of mine who shoots about 30 weddings a year uses this service and swears by it. After letting me check it out I was hooked and said I would revisit it when the time came. For now I do the same with proofs and I have used CD's in the past but have used USB for bigger clients. I also use my own site to host images, you can't save the images but you can't stop clients from taking screenshots.

Just checked it out. Reminds me of Cloudspot. I really like Cloudspot for what it is. Trying to get the hang of the Lightroom export. I've been thinking about putting a watermark over the pics to avoid the screenshot process but I think that is a bit excessive. I don't know... I'm torn. I'm at the point where I feel confident enough to charge for my work and have enough equipment that I can't use it as an excuse.

Best Buy got the Canon 10-18mm wide angle lens on sale for 250....good pick up?  I gotta t3i if that matters. 

I own, one.....do it...lol. I love mines, and felt it was worth the 300+tax I paid before it went on sale. In the event you need examples, most of my recent stuff Ive posted here has been taken with that.

Wifey copped me my first DLSR for my B-Day....Canon T5 + 18-55mm lens. Pretty much a newbie to DLSR photography, but I figured this was the place I'd feel most comfortable getting tips & info. Just wanted to formally introduce myself to the thread & it's regulars. Btw, I browsed this thread a little bit and you guys shot some amazing stuff!

I own, one.....do it...lol. I love mines, and felt it was worth the 300+tax I paid before it went on sale. In the event you need examples, most of my recent stuff Ive posted here has been taken with that.
Nice.  Bout to check it out. 
nthat.gif

First time out shooting, in a couple of weeks. Being that I am on vacation from work for the next week, gonna try to get out there a little more.

#nyc #randoms by iammikerios, on Flickr

These?  Either way nice pics

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom