The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

welp, no doubt that im going to buy those xt10 this saturday,
not going to lie, pretty excited about this camera since it was my first time using mirrorless camera hahaha

and for the kit lens, i think i will go for 18-55 8)

ill post a pic once i bought em!

again, thank you for the information guys!

:pimp:

Going with silver or black?

Currently have a T3i and was wondering which compact mirrorless on the market is best if I were to make the switch?

Currently have a T3i and was wondering which compact mirrorless on the market is best if I were to make the switch?

it really depends on what you put the most premium on, the a6000 is probably the best value & maybe the most capable (though the samsung nx500 is also supposed to be pretty impressive with a 28mpxls backside illuminated sensor AND does 4k video!), some of the fuji/olympus/panasonic cameras are smaller, have more (fast and wide aperture zoom) lenses available, and/or maybe considered a bit more "photographer friendly" but the sonys seem to be the camera of choice in the mirrorless range

Anyone mess around with the RX1 before?

never used one personally besides playing with it in the store...wish it had an integrated viewfinder, but by all accounts it is an amazing camera...i'm pretty sure someone in the thread has it mjbetch mjbetch ?

been messing around with making stitched panoramas lately:

window seat appreciation #2 by a0, on Flickr

Last edited:
I have the a6000. I love it. Shouldve gone with the 35 instead of the 50. I didn't buy the a6000 for portraits so the 50 on a crop wasnt the best option.

Found this in my room ima start using it.
I bought film

I have a question, when i develop it can they develop it into digital?

What do thesse numbers mean?

I bought film

I'm thinking about adding a film camera to my arsenal too. Nikon tho... The numbers from closest to farthest from the body is aperture, then it's the focusing distance and I believe how much is in focus... can anyone verify that?

I bought film

I'm thinking about adding a film camera to my arsenal too. Nikon tho... The numbers from closest to farthest from the body is aperture, then it's the focusing distance and I believe how much is in focus... can anyone verify that?

right, the 1st set of painted numbers is the aperture, the 2nd set is hyperfocal distance (basically tells you what distances will be in focus for the marked aperture; so as it is pictured now, @f8 everything in the range of a bit less than 2ft to a bit less than 2.5ft should be in close to perfect focus, so you can basically preset your focus for a specific range), 3rd set of numbers is the focus distance (white letters are meters, green letters are feet)

[COLOR=#red]So I decided against the Sony A7R II, for one I'm still finding out the total capabilities of my a6000 and it paired with the 50 prime (yes I know that's not including the 1.5x crop factor of APS-C) I'm shooting outstanding imagery.

But the main reason why I'm forgoing the A7R II is that I'm purchasing the DJI Inspire 1 multi-rotor. I have extensive experience with the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus both flying with it and utilizing it for photogrammertry. The Inspire 1 is a huge step up with 4K video (yes I know the bitrate isn't the highest but still) a 3 axis gimbal that keeps the video and pictures stable even while maneuvering, and it transmits 720p low latency video to your tablet/smartphone at up to 1.2 miles away. Legal altitude limit is 400 feet, but it can fly well over a mile high in the sky while sending a live HD feed. The flight speed is around 50-55 mph max.

It shoots 12MP RAW using a Sony Exmor sensor. I'm about to enter the world of aerial photo and vid. I'm so excited about the possibilities. It should be arriving sometime next week. $3k with extra battery.

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]So I decided against the Sony A7R II, for one I'm still finding out the total capabilities of my a6000 and it paired with the 50 prime (yes I know that's not including the 1.5x crop factor of APS-C) I'm shooting outstanding imagery.

But the main reason why I'm forgoing the A7R II is that I'm purchasing the DJI Inspire 1 multi-rotor. I have extensive experience with the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus both flying with it and utilizing it for photogrammertry. The Inspire 1 is a huge step up with 4K video (yes I know the bitrate isn't the highest but still) a 3 axis gimbal that keeps the video and pictures stable even while maneuvering, and it transmits 720p low latency video to your tablet/smartphone at up to 1.2 miles away. Legal altitude limit is 400 feet, but it can fly well over a mile high in the sky while sending a live HD feed. The flight speed is around 50-55 mph max.

It shoots 12MP RAW using a Sony Exmor sensor. I'm about to enter the world of aerial photo and vid. I'm so excited about the possibilities. It should be arriving sometime next week. $3k with extra battery.

[/COLOR]
Nice!! you gonna have to let me know when you put it to use so I can see it in action

Nice!! you gonna have to let me know when you put it to use so I can see it in action

[COLOR=#red]No doubt my dude. The native app for it allows for direct live streaming to YouTube, so I'll throw a link in here.

Khan, I love the 50 even for non-portrait pics. It's limited field of view makes me really have to think about composition. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]No doubt my dude. The native app for it allows for direct live streaming to YouTube, so I'll throw a link in here.

Khan, I love the 50 even for non-portrait pics. It's limited field of view makes me really have to think about composition. [/COLOR]

It's a great lens. I just find myself in situations that the 50 on a crop is too long for plus I'm now adjusted to 50 on a full frame and want something closer to that.

Code:
Anyone mess around with the RX1 before?

tokes99 tokes99 yeah man, that's me!

I absolutely love this camera. It's my everyday carry camera. Full frame in such a small size is amazing. Colors, dynamic range, overall image rendition, it's all amazing. That fixed Zeiss lens is better than many 35mm lenses out there. The only bad thing is that it's somewhat slow to focus, especially in low light. However, you'll get used to it. But yeah, sometimes it gets pretty frustrating. Although the optional EVF is great, I don think it's exactly needed. I definitely recommend the camera. The price tag is just too much for some people. Definitely buy used. You'll save about a G.

Back
Top Bottom