The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Not sure if I posted my recent wedding work. Went on a hot air balloon and the bride and groom got married in the air. Really dope experience.

tight!

It's really sad how Tahoe is right now. The drought really messed things up there.
So that waterfall i went to and posted the pics last page, here is what it's supposed to look like

348s.jpg

and here's a crappy pic i took on Tuesday :x

drought is no joke out here

that is wild! not really close with any of my fam that's out that way...what is the situation in cali with the drought?

Pretty cool spot we went to in Tahoe

hope you don't mind but i had to straighten this joint out a lil' (could probably be fussed with more, still not perfectly straight), it is always tough for me with landscape shots because the landscape is rarely ever straight but i always find myself trying to make them appear level..

^^^^^Repped!!

Beautiful ....

Love the deep contrast ..... I will be investing in a ND filter.

Which one  you have and mm?
Thank you!

It's an ICE filter. 10 stop. It's a cheap one but it is glass and it had great reviews so i wanted to try it out as my first ND filter before i invest in a B&H one or something that expensive.  77mm. It's under $30 on Amazon for this size

i know people say to stay away from cheap filters but it seems to work pretty well and not screw up image quality. can't complain for the price

all nd filters (whether they be cheap or the expensive variety) definitely work the same when it comes to darkening the image enough to let you shoot at a slower shutter speed, but the rationale is why pay for quality glass then put a cheap filter over said glass, it probably gives some landscape shooters piece of mind to shell the extra $$$ to get the reputable stuff...all my nd filters are of the cheap variety, if i get get a good deal i'd like to scoop up a cokin filter system...

Last edited:
Im about to buy that ND filter ... Long overdue really ... Just sitting back here and thinking of all the beautiful places it would of have came in handy. SMH!!!!

amazing how a little adjustment can make a picture that much better .... ugh 

20748819115_44d613d085_z.jpg

Last edited:
Road trip to Quebec City over the weekend. Definitely didn't shoot as much as I wanted to; been a while since I've used my camera.

It's really sad how Tahoe is right now. The drought really messed things up there.
So that waterfall i went to and posted the pics last page, here is what it's supposed to look like

and here's a crappy pic i took on Tuesday :x

drought is no joke out here

:x :x Didn't know tahoe was that bad, I can only imagine what the sierra nevada looks like. Dope shot with the ND filter there Nelson!

I was editing this pic and was just clicking on my presets until I clicked on this Nikon one I had when I had my old D3100 and it really made the red come out! Didn't even know that I could make my reds look like that compared to the original!

Original:

Edit: Does this look straight to you guys? I'm trying to line up the lines on either end of the hood but can't exactly tell if it's straight or not lol.

Wish I could've gotten a better pic of this beast.

The improvement on the Ferrari pic is awesome  @yanky.  Made the red look really awesome and got rid of that pinkish hue that the light created in a couple spots on the original.

What program were you editing it with?

Sidenote: see if you can hit the ferrari emblem with a saturation tool to bring out the yellow in it

Last edited:
Great photos of Lake Tahoe. Sucks how we have this drought issue. The bonsai tree with the rocks is legit spot. Gotta go back there.

:lol: i use the Nikon d7000

close but no cigar :wow:

How heavy is it? I've been thinking about upgrading but don't want some too too heavy
I used to have one. It's not heavy. But heavy for varies by person. Some people think every DSLR is "heavy" compared to a p&s

All of this...

To be exact, the d7000 weighs 1.5 pounds with a battery plus what ever lens you throw on it.

The d7100 and 7200 both weigh 15 grams less than the d7000

IMO if u get a crossbody sling style strap instead of the OEM nikon neck strap, you'll be fine.

Amazon product ASIN B00GR8KEMS

I used to have one. It's not heavy. But heavy for varies by person. Some people think every DSLR is "heavy" compared to a p&s

That's true

All of this...

To be exact, the d7000 weighs 1.5 pounds with a battery plus what ever lens you throw on it.

IMO if u get a crossbody sling style strap instead of the OEM nikon neck strap, you'll be fine.

I own the D3200 now and sometimes it hurts my neck, I've actually been want to hold it in my hands more but I'd flip out if I accidentally dropped it and broke something
I'll try one of these slings one day

That's true

All of this...

I own the D3200 now and sometimes it hurts my neck, I've actually been want to hold it in my hands more but I'd flip out if I accidentally dropped it and broke something
I'll try one of these slings one day

Yeah the d7000 series is about .5lbs heavier than than 3000 series

Great photos of Lake Tahoe. Sucks how we have this drought issue. The bonsai tree with the rocks is legit spot. Gotta go back there.
Yea it's a cool spot. I wanna go back during the day, we got down there like 15 minutes before the sun set so i didn't have much time to set up and try to get some good shots with my ND filter and play around with different angles.

here is another one:

0574da0cda2a7c9f1ac7bdbb162ef727

Bonsai Rock Lake Tahoe by Nelson on 500px

(i have like 3 or 4 different but similar versions of this shot and can't even begin to decide which one i like best and should use. Decisions like that always kill me lol. Basically just closed my eyes and picked one)

Last edited:

Are you using an ND conversion app? If so, which one?
to give you the right exposure time? yea i have one called ND Filter Calc.

however, in Tahoe, i completely forgot i had the app until after i was basically done using the filter and had already messed up the exposure time on most the shots i tried to get 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
The improvement on the Ferrari pic is awesome  @yanky
.  Made the red look really awesome and got rid of that pinkish hue that the light created in a couple spots on the original.

What program were you editing it with?

Sidenote: see if you can hit the ferrari emblem with a saturation tool to bring out the yellow in it

Thanks man. I just messed around with it in Lightroom and clicked on one of my presets that I've had for a while which seemed to do the trick.

nelson999 nelson999 he used Lightroom 6.

yanky yanky you use a CPL filter?

Yup, might not have turned it correctly but I didn't review the image afterwards which I should have done while I was there.

Yea it's a cool spot. I wanna go back during the day, we got down there like 15 minutes before the sun set so i didn't have much time to set up and try to get some good shots with my ND filter and play around with different angles.

here is another one:

0574da0cda2a7c9f1ac7bdbb162ef727

Bonsai Rock Lake Tahoe by Nelson on 500px

(i have like 3 or 4 different but similar versions of this shot and can't even begin to decide which one i like best and should use. Decisions like that always kill me lol. Basically just closed my eyes and picked one)
Quick question, what are you using to edit your images? I see some CA on the right by the rocks, you should try to use the automatic adjustment option to see if it works.
Dope shot. Where are you from?
Thanks .... All over, what's good?

Just wondering. You've mentioned a few times that you wanted to go to NYC and then you also post a pic of the Basketball HOF in Springfield. I was guessing that you live somewhere in the Northeast.
I travel a lot - I'm a bit weird when it comes to photography - I can be perfectly fine and not do anything for a year then I come in here and boom I have to take the next flight to a place where I can take some pictures ...

I also have family in all the northeast ... I thought you wanted to link up or something ....

Back
Top Bottom