The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

i shoot with an a7s and scooped the rokinon 85 1.4 or 1.8 i forget just cuz it was dumb cheap ~$220 for the a7 cams. its pretty good and might do the job without having to drop 1k+ for them sony lenses.

i been doing mostly concert photography and figurin out what prime i should scoop...i have the 24-240 3.5-whatever which is good for general use. used but sold off the 24-70 f4 which was whateves. im debating between the 55 1.8 which is awesome or tryin out that zeiss 35 1.4 which is 1300$ or so :,( any tips for general all around use and to practice shots elsewhere?

ps. just curious-is orli on here? started following him on ig and saw him write hes on nt and started with snaps of sneakers.looks like he's wale's photographer or somethin doin similar line of photography. dope work!

A7 nothing more then like 600, which from the looks of it not a lot for all these Sony glasses or Zeiss. I've seen that's an option and manual focus isn't a problem but I'd rather have the choice of having AF. Are metabones the best ones or will cheaper ones be equally as good?

$225 more to be able to shoot with f/ 1.4 and f/ 1.6 at 50mm...

I'd much rather use that money saved on an off camera flash setup vs. 2 f/ stops your client's wont really notice other than imagery isnt as sharp

i shoot with an a7s and scooped the rokinon 85 1.4 or 1.8 i forget just cuz it was dumb cheap ~$220 for the a7 cams. its pretty good and might do the job without having to drop 1k+ for them sony lenses.

i been doing mostly concert photography and figurin out what prime i should scoop...i have the 24-240 3.5-whatever which is good for general use. used but sold off the 24-70 f4 which was whateves. im debating between the 55 1.8 which is awesome or tryin out that zeiss 35 1.4 which is 1300$ or so :,( any tips for general all around use and to practice shots elsewhere?

yea i also snagged the cine version of that 85mm rokinon, i think it is a REALLY awesome lens, and sharp wide open...can be pretty difficult to focus wide open though stopped down its easy money:

shaded by a0, on Flickr

focused by a0, on Flickr

the 55mm is a dope lens, almost clinically sharp...it's just expensive for a 50ish f1.8 compared to the other camera makes, this yearl hopefully they will drop some more affordable options ...

ps. just curious-is orli on here? started following him on ig and saw him write hes on nt and started with snaps of sneakers.looks like he's wale's photographer or somethin doin similar line of photography. dope work!

That's exactly what I was looking into today. I was looking at reviews and heard nothing but good things. I would only be using it for photoshoots so the MF isn't such a problem and the fact that it's a 1.4 is a huge plus. Id use my 28 for everything else. Thanks a lot everyone for the input. Reps on the way.

Well damn, the D500 seems impressive. I guess its the D300 successor people have been waiting for. Making me second guess this D750 purchase lol.

A few pics from a recent trip to TN.

Crop really isn't a deal breaker for most people. A lot of people enjoy using the body because of the extra reach they can get with the FX lenses at the same speeds as the full frame body.

I know canon users who preferred using the 7D for video than any other full frame body. It really is just matter of what you need the body to do.

You know what, might consider the D500 over the D600 or 610 based soley off of video capability.

Crop really isn't a deal breaker for most people. A lot of people enjoy using the body because of the extra reach they can get with the FX lenses at the same speeds as the full frame body.

I know canon users who preferred using the 7D for video than any other full frame body. It really is just matter of what you need the body to do.
It's just hard for me to rationalize that much for a crop when full frame is same price or lower.

It's just hard for me to rationalize that much for a crop when full frame is same price or lower.

You're discounting the specs of the camera and the full frame body to compare it to. A D750 isn't the workhorse a D500 is. The D750 (and the D6xx) counterpart is the D7xxx line. You need to compare the D500 to the D5, which is going to cost you ~ $7k. That is why people will get the D500 at $2k.

A good analogy:

Why would I get a 3.28i (D500) when I can get a bigger Ford Taurus SHO (D750)? Yes they'e the same price, but the drive experience and interior will be different. Its not just about getting from A to B in the biggest car.

The better comparisons would be:
Buying a "3.28i (D500) vs a 7.50i (D5)" and a "Ford Fusion (D7xxx) vs Ford Taurus SHO (D750)"

You're discounting the specs of the camera and the full frame body to compare it to. A D750 isn't the workhorse a D500 is. The D750 (and the D6xx) counterpart is the D7xxx line. You need to compare the D500 to the D5, which is going to cost you ~ $7k. That is why people will get the D500 at $2k.

A good analogy:

Why would I get a 3.28i (D500) when I can get a bigger Ford Taurus SHO (D750)? Yes they'e the same price, but the drive experience and interior will be different. Its not just about getting from A to B in the biggest car.

The better comparisons would be:
Buying a "3.28i (D500) vs a 7.50i (D5)" and a "Ford Fusion (D7xxx) vs Ford Taurus SHO (D750)"

the more i get into portrait photography, the more I refuse to sacrifice bokeh and extremely smooth and sharp images from full frame sensors.

for my tastes, i dont care what the interior of the d500 is if the main component, the sensor doesnt bring in as much light as the full frame and cheaper d7xx and d6xx cameras.

d500 is an absolute tank though :x :x :x :pimp:

I really dont think nikon is trying to get people away from their own full frame line up though.... they're going for the canon 7d mk II.

Yeah I'm on full frame because of the low light capabilities, but for a sports or wildlife shooter the D500 would be your go-to if you cost of the D5 is out of reach.

Yeah the D300/s was always the pro crop competitor for the 7D. This is just the newer version to compete with the 7D mk2.

Unrelated:
Does anyone outsource their post editing?

Yup. I if I was doing weddings, sports or wildlife, I would get the 7D or D300 with the quickness. It sounds absurd to get two bodies for two different reasons but if you can, having a crop and a full frame would be great for any situation. This is why I hate this hobby so much. There really is no end to how much stuff you can own.

Yup. I if I was doing weddings, sports or wildlife, I would get the 7D or D300 with the quickness. It sounds absurd to get two bodies for two different reasons but if you can, having a crop and a full frame would be great for any situation. This is why I hate this hobby so much. There really is no end to how much stuff you can own.

I hate the truth to this statement :lol:

Back
Top Bottom