The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

a crop sensor miorrorless A6300 for $1000 + a $400 adapter for canon glass

i'd rather get a canon 6d tbh

it probably really only makes sense to cop the metabones type adapters if you already have canon glass...or maybe if you are unhappy with the native sony lens selection; but i really think the appeal of the sony cameras is how much technology & features they pack into these small cameras. they won't appeal to everyone, and they don't have the advantage of hitting that retro feel of the fujis & panasonics, but they do seem to hit on a lot things that for the broad spectrum of users from novice to pro would be happy with, in a single camera. that they are small in form factor is just the gateway in...especially given that you'd have to pay much more to get the similar functionality with either canon or nikon

i think because sony isn't really a camera company their cameras aren't taken as seriously (they also don't seem to be as good as the others at the customer service/pro support part either), this is changing, but it seems these adapters let people dip their toe in, without having to jump into the whole system...

I just love the handling and feel of a DSLR! Granted it isn't always appropriate in many places especially if trying to be discreet. For me a mirrorless solves that problem. Especially these days....people like me who go to music festivals, concerts etc...I've noticed venues tightening up on barring DSLRs etc.....

Great pictures of the city man. Need to go out and shoot more. SF, Chitown, and NYC are the best places to shoot. So much to see, like San Francisco because hills give you great vantage points.

Last edited:
Great pictures of the city man. Need to go out and shoot more. NYC, Chitown, and NYC are the best places to shoot. So much to see, like San Francisco because hills give you great vantage points.

Thanks man I still got a few more I need to edit but I love how you can go from city to woods then the beach in a matter of minutes.

Man San Francisco was awesome! i loved it. i can't wait to go back
finally got around to editing some shots. enjoy and as always follow my IG https://www.instagram.com/_eighty8/

Look like map from Modern Warfare
The last of the last of my Japan photos.

It was good while it lasted but time to start posting more recent work. Check out the rest on my blog. Combined 3 days into one.

IG - @dunksrnice
http://www.dunksrnice.net/2016/02/japan-day-six-seven-eight.html
Creep

The last of the last of my Japan photos.

It was good while it lasted but time to start posting more recent work. Check out the rest on my blog. Combined 3 days into one.

IG - @dunksrnice
http://www.dunksrnice.net/2016/02/japan-day-six-seven-eight.html

:x :pimp: :x :pimp: :x :pimp: :x :pimp: :x :pimp: :x :pimp: :x :pimp: :x :pimp: :x :pimp: :x :pimp:

Some straight up national geographic shots

Unbelievable that your travel, sneaker, wedding, and portrait photography is ALL fire.

Most people are decent and 1 and suck at everything else :lol:

^

Marin is my favorite weekend (or weekday if I can pull it off...) getaway. Start out with a sunrise at Hawk Hill or Kirby Cove, head straight out to Muir Woods early enough that there's barely anyone there, then spend some time just exploring.

DRN, those pics are unreal! 

Still haven't been shooting as much as I'd like since work's been so crazy, but here's a few more from a couple weeks ago

Last edited:

I just placed the order for my very own Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II.

Using money from gigs over the past few months.

I'm beyond happy to make this huge investment.

No turning back now!

Flourish!!! You'll love that lens. It's a beast.

Thanks, brotha.

I actually shoot with one as often as possible through a photographer friend who got me into weddings.

Can't believe I was able to save up and get my own.

Its a huge step forward for me.

took a day off of work yesterday to go explore Marin/Inverness and see the shipwreck that will unfortunately be removed soon...this is the first and last shot of the day, more will follow eventually

Where is this ship wreck :nerd:

I just placed the order for my very own Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II.

Using money from gigs over the past few months.

I'm beyond happy to make this huge investment.

No turning back now!

The want for a 70-200mm is too real right now for me but the funds aren't there. Congrats on the pick up though! Lens is :smokin

Point Reyes. If you don't know, some idiot doing the steel wool thing burned it down.

http://www.7x7.com/culture/iconic-point-reyes-shipwreck-destroyed-amateur-photographer

I think the steel wool thing should be banned from photography now. It's getting dumb especially when you mess things up for others.

I find a lot of these hyped trends rather **** annoying bro....the whole sneaking into rooftops, sitting on the ledge, steel wool thing, etc. specially because these fools are doing it for no other reason than some likes on IG, there is no other purpose behind these things they do...there some idiot on IG that actually hung off a ledge in a skyscraper in Toronto while his boy snapped a pic...waiting for the day one of these idiots kills themselves, terrible influencers, have other dummy's following trying to recreate the **** they do or one up them.

Back
Top Bottom