The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

i enjoyed that meerkat vid. really appreciated how simple his set up was. reflectors, flashes, softboxes, filters, gels etc. are still overwhelming for me. makes me feel extremely inadequate. feel like there's already so much to learn without them. but it's encouraging to see professionals get their job done with what seem like just the basics.

nawzlew Yeah I spent three days and two nights there. It was amazing man. It's another version of Yosemite.:smokin

Got hired for my 6th wedding of the year. :pimp:

I always make sure to bring my printed photo book that has 3 weddings in it... Once she started thumbing through it... game over.

She was begging her man in front of me to hire me on the spot :rofl:

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

As of this past sunday, I've shot at 14 weddings now in 8 months. Loving this journey.

Last edited:

I always make sure to bring my printed photo book that has 3 weddings in it... Once she started thumbing through it... game over.

As of this past sunday, I've shot at 14 weddings now in 8 months. Loving this journey.

Good stuff my dude :smokin

Are you doing any type of advertising or is it all word of mouth, referrals, FaceBook, etc.?

Good stuff my dude :smokin

Are you doing any type of advertising or is it all word of mouth, referrals, FaceBook, etc.?

I advertise (free) on craigslist. Since I only have less than a year experience, i'm still a really cheap hire for a wedding.

I started a FB page 2 weeks ago (up till then i was and ran a one week $20 ad and it was pretty lame. I don't see myself throwing much $$$ into advertising any time very soon.

Most everyone at this point is a referral with a handful of craigslist people in the mix as well.

I just want to make enough money to keep buying more equipment. Hopefully I'll be able to buy a 24-70 by the end of june :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

So excited!

Nice! I had been advertising on Wedding Wire, but they're bumping their prices :smh:

I ran FB ads for a very short period as well and it didn't seem like it was worth the investment.

And yes, the quest for more gear is awesome. I'd eventually like to pick up that 1DX II :x

Last edited:
Nice! I had been advertising on Wedding Wire, but they're bumping their prices :smh:

I ran FB ads for a very short period as well and it didn't seem like it was worth the investment.

And yes, the quest for more gear is awesome. I'd eventually like to pick up that 1DX II :x

As a wedding photographer, what about the 1DX II is tickling your fancy? I guess you'd be guaranteed not to miss a first kiss?

As a wedding photographer, what about the 1DX II is tickling your fancy? I guess you'd be guaranteed not to miss a first kiss?

The wedding photographer in me doesn't need it...it's moreso just me as a gear junkie wanting it :lol:

I highly doubt I'll get it though; I'd much rather invest in more glass :nerd:

Last edited:

The wedding photographer in me doesn't need it...it's moreso just me as a gear junkie wanting it :lol:

I highly doubt I'll get it though; I'd much rather invest in more glass :nerd:

You can get every wide angle lens you're thinking about for that price and have enough $$ left over to pay some bills

Got hired for my 6th wedding of the year.
pimp.gif

She was begging her man in front of me to hire me on the spot
roll.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Congrats. I checked out the website nice straight to the point. 
As i was scrolling down at first i was like it's over exposed and then i completely forgot what i was thinking.

Dope, congrats man! I haven't been able to showcase my wedding photos for blogs since I've been traveling and doing vlogs. Behind 6 months :lol: but I just booked my 7 wedding for 2017.

On another note, I finally updated my Mid 2010 Macbook Pro 13" to a Mid 2015 Macbook Pro Retina display 13" and WOW, fat difference. My images even on here are blurry and looks unfocused but I figured I always did 72 DPI but for the retina display, I gotta do 144 DPI or higher. The Death Valley photos I posted look blurry as hell. :smh: :x Not going back and editing 80 photos though >::\

Last edited:

Dope, congrats man! I haven't been able to showcase my wedding photos for blogs since I've been traveling and doing vlogs. Behind 6 months :lol: but I just booked my 7 wedding for 2017.

On another note, I finally updated my Mid 2010 Macbook Pro 13" to a Mid 2015 Macbook Pro Retina display 13" and WOW, fat difference. My images even on here are blurry and looks unfocused but I figured I always did 72 DPI but for the retina display, I gotta do 144 DPI or higher. The Death Valley photos I posted look blurry as hell. :smh: :x Not going back and editing 80 photos though >::\

7 weddings for next season thats awesome man!!!

Not to D ride but i really enjoy your work and hope I can become as (seemingly) successful wedding photographer as you.

Doing a pinup styled shoot after work tonight. Very excited for that! Shes even bringing a motorcycle. pumped!!!

I haven't used my camera in over a month. Work is a killer but I am gonna be taking pictures for my best friend younger sister's prom next weekend.

I haven't used my camera in over a month. Work is a killer but I am gonna be taking pictures for my best friend younger sister's prom next weekend.

Made me think "man i wish i was out shooting more myself..."

:wow: i've hit the shutter over 2,000 times since saturday :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

:wow: i've hit the shutter over 2,000 times since saturday :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

I just hit 2k pictures on my nex a few weeks ago after having it for 3 years. Studying computer engineering and having side hobbies was a struggle

I just hit 2k pictures on my nex a few weeks ago after having it for 3 years. Studying computer engineering and having side hobbies was a struggle

I feel it man. I'm working a full time career as a database software engineer and a husband. Almost 100% of my spare time gets dumped into my pursuit of my photography business, honing my craft and building my network.

I did get to go to the movies for the first time since February last night tho. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom