The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I haven't used my camera in over a month. Work is a killer but I am gonna be taking pictures for my best friend younger sister's prom next weekend.

Made me think "man i wish i was out shooting more myself..."

:wow: i've hit the shutter over 2,000 times since saturday :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

I just hit 2k pictures on my nex a few weeks ago after having it for 3 years. Studying computer engineering and having side hobbies was a struggle

if you'd like to be getting more qt in with your camera and getting more pictures generally; if you aren't already, it helps to make a habit of bringing your camera with you whenever you leave your spot. even if you don't think you'll be snapping photos...and there is always using your smartphone (assuming you have one)

Last edited:
Any DMV heads down to go?

I was just asked by my one of my dad's clients (he's a broker), to do a food gig and basically take pics of some of the menu items to redo his restaurant menu.

While I'm excited and sure i can do it, how do I go about pricing? I'm still a beginner and this I'm sure the guy wants to use me for that reason so it's cheaper, but still. 

Any tips on getting great shots of the food?

Last edited:
I was just asked by my one of my dad's clients (he's a broker), to do a food gig and basically take pics of some of the menu items to redo his restaurant menu.

While I'm excited and sure i can do it, how do I go about pricing? I'm still a beginner and this I'm sure the guy wants to use me for that reason so it's cheaper, but still. 

Any tips on getting great shots of the food?

Lighting is key. You'll need a lot of light because to get all the food in focus while still filling the frame the depth of field will be a bit shallow so you'll want to be shooting around f/9 or even lower.

browse to see what good food photos look like https://500px.com/search?q=food&submit=Submit&type=photos

I haven't used my camera in over a month. Work is a killer but I am gonna be taking pictures for my best friend younger sister's prom next weekend.

Made me think "man i wish i was out shooting more myself..."

:wow: i've hit the shutter over 2,000 times since saturday :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

I feel ya. Think I'm gonna head out tonight, drive around and try and get some shooting done.

Finally upgraded to full frame, picked up a Sony A7 off of Fred Miranda to use with my legacy glass and the better low light. Can't wait to get it. Keeping the A6000 as well for street photography.

Yesterday I had to pick up something real quick at my place so I didn't bring my camera with me and I instantly regretted it when I looked out the window 
mean.gif

had to take these with my iphone

tumblr_o6vdqgWXla1vu2wf2o2_1280.jpg
tumblr_o6vdqgWXla1vu2wf2o1_1280.jpg

Pics from a recent trip to LA. Borrowed my sister's D5200 to get familiar with shooting.

Going to get familiar with editing in light room when I can find the time.

sea manup sea manup nice pictures of nyc. The weather in nyc this past week was such buns. I saw a boat race today on the tv and it was taking place in Nyc, and the weather looked outstanding. Bad luck on our part I guess. I got back to Colorado, and it has been ****** here also. :lol:

Yeah not the best weather but it was still fun exploring the city and getting better at using my camera

Just discovered the power of lightroom presets, makes everything so much easier when I cant be bothered to do things manually 
laugh.gif

tumblr_o6vzg9VzTQ1vu2wf2o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_o6vzg9VzTQ1vu2wf2o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_o6vzg9VzTQ1vu2wf2o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_o6vzg9VzTQ1vu2wf2o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_o6vzg9VzTQ1vu2wf2o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_o6vzg9VzTQ1vu2wf2o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_o6vzg9VzTQ1vu2wf2o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o6vzg9VzTQ1vu2wf2o1_1280.jpg

Finally upgraded to full frame, picked up a Sony A7 off of Fred Miranda to use with my legacy glass and the better low light. Can't wait to get it. Keeping the A6000 as well for street photography.

Nice! Good to see people here using that message board. Love it over there. Definitely a nice place to buy/sell gear as well as learn a thing or two.

Nice! Good to see people here using that message board. Love it over there. Definitely a nice place to buy/sell gear as well as learn a thing or two.

Fixed. People will try to low ball the hell out of you there.

Fredmiranda? Only time I've been low balled is when I have asked for offers. Otherwise I would say it is really good. As far as lowballers are concerned, I would say it is the best at keeping them away.

Fredmiranda? Only time I've been low balled is when I have asked for offers. Otherwise I would say it is really good. As far as lowballers are concerned, I would say it is the best at keeping them away.

Trust me. Unless you've been selling on there a long time people with try to low ball you. Never asked for offers, always listed fair price.

Trust me. Unless you've been selling on there a long time people with try to low ball you. Never asked for offers, always listed fair price.
Been selling on there for years with over 20 transactions.  Not a bad experience yet.  

Thought this was rad. There was a tornado in Colorado yesterday. Saw video of people taking photos of it:

Here is a photo of one from someone on Flickr:

26278232034_968ddd9207_b.jpg

Couples even taking prom photos. Haha.

Prom%20pic%20in%20front%20of%20Tornado_1462729011671_37817014_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Been selling on there for years with over 20 transactions.  Not a bad experience yet.  

Same. I've had maybe one lowballer out of my numerous selling transactions. They usually buy at asking price since asking price is already at fair market value.

Thought this was rad. There was a tornado in Colorado yesterday. Saw video of people taking photos of it:

Here is a photo of one from someone on Flickr:

26278232034_968ddd9207_b.jpg

looks like something out of a movie...the thrill of of chasing something like that would be crazy...until it heading for you! i've seen some ill photos come out of that though...

Back
Top Bottom