The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

If only I could afford this. :x :wow:

Hasselblad X1D First Mirrrorless Medium Format. Priced at $8995
Hasselblad XCD 45 3.5 $2295
Hasselblad XCD 90 3.2 $2695

Equivalent to ~35mm f/2.8 and 70mm f/2.5.

was wondering why the sky was looking all orange last night.

didn't know about this.

guess i'll just wait another 50 years :lol:

We've been getting some pretty epic sunrises and sunsets lately. Nice shots SouthCityDon!

Business license came in the mail this week

Now I dont have to beg clients to pay cash :rofl:

Still will though :evil:

Also, got some decals of my logo created :pimp:

4 shoots this weekend

a wedding next weekend

Projects every weekend until august 6 :wow:

Literally having a dream come true...

Had to share w/ this thread. You guys have been awesome and very helpful with lots of positive discussions and criticisms.

4 shoots this weekend

a wedding next weekend

Had to share w/ this thread. You guys have been awesome and very helpful with lots of positive discussions and criticisms.

:pimp:

4 shoots this weekend

a wedding next weekend

Good stuff. This is motivational. Need to get off my *** and make moves as well.

What is that stuff on top of your camera? Is that a light meter?

4 shoots this weekend

a wedding next weekend

Good stuff. This is motivational. Need to get off my *** and make moves as well.

What is that stuff on top of your camera? Is that a light meter?

Oh its the Canon ST-E3-RT Speedlite Transmitter

Amazon product ASIN B007FH1LJU
I snapped this the day after a wedding and just didnt take it off. I usually only have it on when I do flash work as it triggers the off camera lights.

EDIT -- do ppl still use light meters? :nerd:

I've never used one... I just expose for the subject and take a test shot and change my ISO based on the test shot. Usually pretty close within half a stop

Last edited:
Need some advice guys

Gonna do a group photo session in a couple weeks. It'll be with a group of 10 people. I want to know how I can get everyone in focus and what lens i should use and also the settings to use. It'll be done outside so there will be lots of space to move around.

Right now I currently own: 24-70mm f/2.8 and 35mm f/1.4

Should i use a wide angle lens or something long like 70-200mm f/2.8? What about using a tripod?

If you have any examples that you've done, it'll be great.

Thanks

Last edited:
Need some advice guys

Gonna do a group photo session in a couple weeks. It'll be with a group of 10 people. I want to know how I can get everyone in focus and what lens i should use and also the settings to use. It'll be done outside so there will be lots of space to move around.

Right now I currently own: 24-70mm f/2.8 and 35mm f/1.4

Should i use a wide angle lens or something long like 70-200mm f/2.8? What about using a tripod?

If you have any examples that you've done, it'll be great.

Thanks

With that big of a group, use the 24-70. There's pretty much no reason to use a 70-200 for a group photo unless you're also getting individual portraits/headshots. If you really want the compression and have a lot of space, you could use it. But eh, 24-70 should suffice.

Don't mind this terribly edited photo, but this family photo was taken at my brother's grad. Of course not a real shoot, no creativity, no real time to plan anything.

Taken with a 25mm on a tripod (only cause I'm in the photo too :lol:). Make sure you get a lot of depth of field. This was shot at f/13. I wouldn't shoot lower than f/8 (in bright sun). f/13 was probably too high though. Nothing is "perfectly" sharp in the photo imo. This could be due to the diffraction limit but most likely user error. I would stick between f/8 and f/11. Shutter speed doesn't really matter since speed isn't really a factor. This was taken at 1/160th of a second. You could probably get away with 1/125th, but I'd stick between 1/160th and 1/250th of a second.

DSC00898.jpg by gabrieldiaz, on Flickr

Last edited:

4 shoots this weekend

a wedding next weekend

Congrats man! You're getting paid to do what you love and it doesn't get any better than that. Keep it comin with the :smokin shots!

Last edited:
EDIT -- do ppl still use light meters? :nerd:

I've never used one... I just expose for the subject and take a test shot and change my ISO based on the test shot. Usually pretty close within half a stop

I do. I got me one of these bad boys.

kqLo6QH.jpg

I use it for when I shoot film. Absolutely necessary, for me anyways, with cameras that don't have a built in light meter. I'll also use it to double check the M7 which does have a light meter, but is pretty finicky with the readings since it only uses spot metering.

Back
Top Bottom